P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Thankful news about the baby Kalos. Bless her little heart. A Strep throat is very unpleasant and painful. I wish her better very soon. Jane xx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the good wishes guys🙂

Mrs K has just got off the phone and the update is the great granddaughters 

meds have kicked in ,she has slept well and is eating again and off out to

visit her Nan (our daughter) today ,where she will be spoilt rotten .

Gave us a video chat and she's all smiles ..Amazing how quick kids bounce back .🙂

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Wet and miserable here today.Just as I have started walking across the dry fields again to the gym.Got to walk in the lanes with all the idiot drivers not paying attention.Glad your Grandaughter's ok @kalos.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

Gave us a video chat and she's all smiles ..Amazing how quick kids bounce back .🙂

Great news but what a worry that was for you all.

Enjoy your BH Monday….

Gill x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'm pleased your great-grandaughter is recovering well. It's amazing how quickly these little mites bounce back from illness.

Our great-grandson was in hospital one Christmas when he was 18 months old. We have videos of him sat up in bed with tubes everywhere, opening his presents without a care in the world, and the biggest smile on his face you could imagine.

I remember as a parent how I would wish I could be ill or feel the pain instead of my children. 

Another lovely day here, for the moment, at 17c, but showers forecast for later, we shall see.

Another lazy day planned for us, so enjoy your day everyone, whatever you're up to on land or sea.

Avril

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Reading other topics on here and read some folk are worried about which 

airline P&O will give them ? 

Pleased to say Maleth  Air now give you inflight entertainment 😉

70475-44abc792-61e6-44b2-8ff6-14579be196ef.jpg.23a5e72323d3b7a79e0ee971176cd438.jpg

• Haha 19

Can anyone help me identify this plant. It has just appeared in the garden, it looks very healthy but I don’t know if is a weed or not. Thanks in advance.

Jennizor

IMG_0291.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Can anyone help me identify this plant. It has just appeared in the garden, it looks very healthy but I don’t know if is a weed or not. Thanks in advance.

Jennizor

No expert but we had summat like that growing ,turned out to be Bramble and 

it took some getting rid of once established ,possibly some bird that dropped

it last year . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

Jennizor

IMG_0291.jpeg

It looks a little like a raspberry shoot too,and as kalos said, it could also be a bramle. Something that a bird has eaten and then 'deposited the remainder'😉 You could pot it up and see what it grows into. We have two lovely holly trees that the birds kindly gave us, and we transplanted them where we wanted them.

Avril

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

It looks a little like a raspberry shoot too,and as kalos said, it could also be a bramle. Something that a bird has eaten and then 'deposited the remainder'😉 You could pot it up and see what it grows into. We have two lovely holly trees that the birds kindly gave us, and we transplanted them where we wanted them.

Avril

Thanks Avril and Kalos. I think I will pot it up just to see what it turns out to be. We have loads of birds flying into the garden from the woods so it sounds worth a try. Xx

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Thanks Avril and Kalos. I think I will pot it up just to see what it turns out to be. We have loads of birds flying into the garden from the woods so it sounds worth a try. Xx

There are some free apps on Google where you can take a photo of the plant and they will identify it for you.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

There are some free apps on Google where you can take a photo of the plant and they will identify it for you.

Thanks Rupert, I will check out the apps on Google.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Jennizor

IMG_0291.jpeg

Looks like a Horse Chestnut, given the size when fully grown not really a tree for garden unless you have a very big garden.

IMG_1891.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

After a long warm sunny day it has started raining, just watching the news and seeing the flooding around us we seem to have got off lightly. 

We also got away with it ,around 11-sh  last night we got a small rain shower .

Everything looks dry out there this morning . 

Lets hope we get some good weather today .🙂

• Like 5

We had rain overnight again. It was looking very dull when I got up, but although it's bright blue sky the sun is out. It's about 12c now but expected to get up to 15c, so not too bad.

• Like 5

Good morning.

I hope everyone had a nice bank holiday weekend and good night's sleep.

It is 9°C and dry at the moment but looks like rain clouds coming our way.

I hope everyone on here are feeling well this morning and we all have a happy day.

• Like 8

13c cloudy but dry here today. It was also dry here yesterday but it looks like we had some light rain overnight. Some newspaper headlines state a Bank Holiday washout but they are selective where it was a washout, it was pleasant here. I’ll try and go for a walk today over the local fields, hopefully they have dried out somewhat the last week or so, it’s been so wet and muddy that I haven’t walked over them for the last 6 months.

I think that the ‘mystery’ plant is a Horse Chestnut. We have many wildlife planted plants in our garden. Hazel, Holly, Mountain Ash, Walnut and Elderberry, I weed out most but let others mature as I have quite a wildlife friendly garden. I am a bit restricted what I can do in the garden at the moment because of the birds nesting, I can tell when I am close to them because I can hear their warning calls (Blackbird, Great Tits, Robin + Wood Pigeon that doesn’t call anything but just panicks 😂). I need to trim back some Ivy but I know there is a Blackbird nest in there somewhere, so I’m waiting for now until I see/hear the babies out of the nest. It also means that we are on cat and magpie watch who we energetically scare off if seen in our garden.

• Like 6

Bank Holiday washout well and truly here. Driving home on A303 on Sunday reached Basingstoke and hitbtorrential downpours, followed by high winds and even hail.  Just as bad at home when I got here.  Apparently apart from a couple of hours on Saturday it hadn't stopped raining since I left. Yesterday was dark, wet and miserable, we had to put the lights on at 3.30pm it was so bad.  This morning we have mist and a little haze.  Very doubtful the talked about 20 degrees is going to materialise although hopefully it will be dry.  It's all very draining and depressing no hint of Spring at all, the thousands of snails that are wandering around the garden are having a field day.  Just took 20 of the little so and sos of my youngest Acer.  Still cold enough to put the heating on yesterday morning to take the chill off. So yes I can confidently agree with bank holiday washout!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

After a long warm sunny day it has started raining, just watching the news and seeing the flooding around us we seem to have got off lightly. 

Hi Phil.

How is your new hip doing?.

I'm pleased you have avoided the flooding in your area.

Graham.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Bank Holiday washout well and truly here. Driving home on A303 on Sunday reached Basingstoke and hitbtorrential downpours, followed by high winds and even hail.  Just as bad at home when I got here.  Apparently apart from a couple of hours on Saturday it hadn't stopped raining since I left. Yesterday was dark, wet and miserable, we had to put the lights on at 3.30pm it was so bad.  This morning we have mist and a little haze.  Very doubtful the talked about 20 degrees is going to materialise although hopefully it will be dry.  It's all very draining and depressing no hint of Spring at all, the thousands of snails that are wandering around the garden are having a field day.  Just took 20 of the little so and sos of my youngest Acer.  Still cold enough to put the heating on yesterday morning to take the chill off. So yes I can confidently agree with bank holiday washout!

Yeah washout for some unfortunately.

I see your location, my son went to the Totton v Salisbury football play off yesterday afternoon as he follows Totton as well as a season ticket holder at Southampton. Salisbury won on penalties after extra time so were promoted to National League South 👏

• Like 1