P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, happy v said:

I shop monthly so never know what I am making daily. Apart from the end of the month. Where the no. of ingredients match the no. of days left🙂.

I love food shopping. Even abroad I would rather go in a supermarket than a tat shop

Me too. We're both foodies and love trying all the different foods wherever with go. We've eaten and drunk some weird and wonderful things in our Asian travels, and in some odd places too. Interestingly we've never had one stomach upset when abroad  either🤔

Avril

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Me too. We're both foodies and love trying all the different foods wherever with go. We've eaten and drunk some weird and wonderful things in our Asian travels, and in some odd places too. Interestingly we've never had one stomach upset when abroad  either🤔

Avril

Yeah but sis,you don't like,oh never mind you know what I was gonna say,bro😉.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

@kalos

I've been looking at some hotels in Madeira and Malta which are Frank's choices. I thought if I let him choose where he would love to go it would be better.

As you seem to enjoy Madeira I wondered if you could give me any ideas as to good hotels in Funchal, if that's where you stayed of course.

Avril

Hello Avril.  If I may add our favourite Hotel in Madeira. We have stayed at The CliffBay. ( www.portobay.com) twice now, it is a fabulous hotel, next door to The Reid Palace. Various packages available too. Can also recommend excellent local restaurant 's as well. There are other hotels in group also on Madeira.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

If you are foodies then you may want to try this if you go to Madeira.

https://www.madeirafoodonfoot.com/

we have done several of their events over the years and they are most enjoyable.

• Thanks 1

Have any of you been watching The Fortune Hotel on ITV? All I can say is FAB. If you are a fan of Traitors then this is on a par. Just finished the final episode which airs tonight but already available on ITVX. No spoilers just enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Yeah but sis,you don't like,oh never mind you know what I was gonna say,bro😉.

I said we had eaten many weird and wonderful things bro...........

but I didn't say I enjoyed them all.😬

I did however like cuttlefish which is similar.

Sis

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I said we had eaten many weird and wonderful things bro...........

but I didn't say I enjoyed them all.😬

I did however like cuttlefish which is similar.

Sis

I like traditional food . I remember when Netto opened and my Mrs decided 

to give them a try . I was hoping for a good old Pukka steak pie .

What did she bring back ?     Beetroot and Banana pie with gherkins 😮

I asked "What did you buy that for ? "

"Only 5p so I've got you two ,they didn't do steak pies "🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

For those who live in Southampton is congestion near to St Mary’s Stadium (Take That concert next weekend) likely to cause congestion further back up the motorway to any extent?

I ask because popular shows at the SEEC or Hydro do cause congestion in Glasgow and I wondered if / how bad any traffic issues are likely to be. Thanks

Thank you so much about posting about the Take That concert.👏

We were travelling down to Southampton and staying with our son the LAST weekend of June for him and my wife to go to the concert!! We don’t know how we got the dates so wrong 🤔

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Thank you so much about posting about the Take That concert.👏

We were travelling down to Southampton and staying with our son the LAST weekend of June for him and my wife to go to the concert!! We don’t know how we got the dates so wrong 🤔

Glad to be of service. I hope they enjoy the concert.

We saw Take That before they were famous as an unknown opening act.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Well that's me done and fingers crossed ready for anything the British weather and Cunard throw at me.  Two suitcases now hold a huge variety along with copious posh frocks, a ballgown (just in case!) and numerous varieties of trousers, tops and sweaters.  I'm pretty sure one's going to turn up with the telltale heavy sticker on it though but if that's the worst it will be fine.

Just watched the last episode of The Fortune Hotel which has been a good escape for the past two weeks - i loved the Rhum Runner in episode one almost like being back in Grenada myself. 

Anyway that's it.  I'm polished, scrubbed, waxed and softened and heading for bed.  My friend is collecting me at 1.00pm for my 2.00pm boarding - there must be hundreds of high level CWC members onboard as that is with priority boarding.  Weather looking decent for departure too so I'll make sure I get my sailaway cocktail in.  

Have a good night all and enjoy the bank holiday whatever your plans are.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 18

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

Well that's me done and fingers crossed ready for anything the British weather and Cunard throw at me.  Two suitcases now hold a huge variety along with copious posh frocks, a ballgown (just in case!) and numerous varieties of trousers, tops and sweaters.  I'm pretty sure one's going to turn up with the telltale heavy sticker on it though but if that's the worst it will be fine.

Just watched the last episode of The Fortune Hotel which has been a good escape for the past two weeks - i loved the Rhum Runner in episode one almost like being back in Grenada myself. 

Anyway that's it.  I'm polished, scrubbed, waxed and softened and heading for bed.  My friend is collecting me at 1.00pm for my 2.00pm boarding - there must be hundreds of high level CWC members onboard as that is with priority boarding.  Weather looking decent for departure too so I'll make sure I get my sailaway cocktail too.  

Have a great cruise MB

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Anyway that's it.  I'm polished, scrubbed, waxed and softened and heading for bed.  My friend is collecting me at 1.00pm for my 2.00pm boarding - there must be hundreds of high level CWC members onboard as that is with priority boarding.  Weather looking decent for departure too so I'll make sure I get my sailaway cocktail in.  

Best wishes @Megabear2 for a fabulous cruise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone from Tokyo which is our last day before boarding queen Elizabeth in a few hours, we have walked our socks off 12 hours yesterday since we only had 1 full day , flights were excellent and the meals good . Just a few pics , underground was a little overwhelming for us but we got to our destinations in the end .

IMG_5862.jpeg

IMG_5863.jpeg

3914464A-7196-42DF-AD12-9E1AF25CCC65.jpeg

IMG_5873.jpeg

IMG_5886.jpeg

IMG_5899.jpeg

IMG_5904.jpeg

IMG_5917.jpeg

IMG_5922.jpeg

IMG_5931.jpeg

IMG_5934.jpeg

IMG_5950.jpeg

IMG_5952.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

IMG_5963.jpeg

IMG_5975.jpeg

IMG_5984.jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

IMG_5997.jpeg

IMG_6004.jpeg

IMG_6006.jpeg

IMG_6007.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning ,nowt like an early morning cuppa,so I think I will have two.

@Purdey16 Great pictures ,that is one place I wished We had visited and 

hope your having a great time .

@Megabear2 Have a great cruise on QA , only last night we were watching

YouTube films of onboard the ship. Did you know they even do archery ?

Hope you get to try it but I prefer "Blindfolded Archery " much better and 

you should try it as you don't know what you are missing 🙃

Hope everyone has a nice bank holiday unless your online banking cos 

that's still working 😉  Take care .

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Good morning.

It is 12°C and overcast with the ground still wet but the rain has stopped.

Hopefully a lazy day today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Bank holiday weekend.

• Like 10

Good morning,

A dull overcast day here.

I came home from bowling last night on a high having managed to beat a lady who plays in the county team on a green that I was dreading because I usually struggle there. 

When I looked at my phone my younger sister had sent a text to say that she and her husband were at UHNM with my other sister and she had had one scan that had shown a bleed in her brain and they were planning a deeper scan for today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Purdey16 lovely photos.  I remember our first trip to Japan, it was a fascinating  country.  The day that we spent in Nagasaki was particularly moving, seeing the damage done by the nuclear bomb really bought home the dreadful effects of war.  We were told by the guide that all Japanese school children have to visit either Nagasaki or Hiroshima as part of the national curriculum.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning,

A dull overcast day here.

I came home from bowling last night on a high having managed to beat a lady who plays in the county team on a green that I was dreading because I usually struggle there. 

When I looked at my phone my younger sister had sent a text to say that she and her husband were at UHNM with my other sister and she had had one scan that had shown a bleed in her brain and they were planning a deeper scan for today.

Hope your sister is ok Josy

Michelle

• Like 7

@Josy1953 well done on bowls win, but I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope you get optimistic news today. You’ve had such a run of bad luck with family health recently.

Gill x

• Like 6