P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, sandancer said:

Saw her yesterday from t’other side Graham. If only Port of Tyne was an embarkation port. Only time we have managed to cruise from North Shields was during the cruises to nowhere phase when we went with Marella. (Our only Marella cruise) and got as far as the Farne Islands. Next one is Princess, once again we will be saying hello to Southampton. 

Our next 5 are P&O from Southampton.

I was checking the Newcastle cruise schedule and there are a lot of cruise ships transiting through Newcastle in the next few months.

Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the seas has been on the Tyne all week for rudder repairs.

Have you seen her from the Tyne Dock South Shields side ?.

Yes, our usual parking slot over from the library when we are ship spotting. Loved the Brilliance of the Seas. We were on the maiden voyage to the Fjords way back, sailed from Harwich. Jane McDonald was on and really put on a show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, zap99 said:

5 free drinks a day mainly🥂🥳🍷

😁 - you are 'speaking' to someone who prefers a pot of tea!  I never did acquire the taste for alcohol (unlike the rest of my family) ......  well, Baileys at Christmas perhaps, and the occasional Mimosa. The Diamond Club access and the snacks, tea and coffees sounds good though.  On Celebrity I value the free laundry service and 240 free internet minutes per cruise.  Oh, and Bacio teas and coffees 😉.  DH makes use of the 2 hour window for free drinks on X whereas I generally stock up on water! 

The long, intense thread about P&O removing the ability to take your own bottle of spirits on board was a source of amazement to me.  I took 2 bottles of Tesco High juice and a water filter jug on my 35 night Caribbean cruise in January 😋 and it was one of my really good decisions I'll be repeating on next January's 35 nighter.

• Like 1

Another breezy day with the sun trying to come out. Not very warm, only 13c but the winds making it feel colder. A good day to dry the washing on the line though.

Have got my granddaughter and dog staying for the weekend as her parents are away, but other than that nothing planned.

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like 4

After a lovely hot day in Vienna,pre dinner drinks with our new friends Phil and Carol.Everyone getting off at Linz today will be bussed to Passau cos the boat has to sail off to ensure getting under a low bridge in time.20240530_1901352488.thumb.jpg.3bf108586616a7ca8158fa6001c0e21f.jpg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Waju said:

Is that the view from your garden?  Fabulous : )

Yes Waju, the land is owned by Peel Holdings and they are currently trying to get planning permission for a Ryder Cup golf course ( never going to be granted as we haven’t got the infrastructure that would be required). It will probably be housing, but again they have the same infrastructure problem. The land just beyond our garden, and up to the fields, just a wood and under it is the feed from Ulswater reservoir, so that can’t be built on either. As we are in our seventies I suspect nothing much will happen in our lifetime. The farmer certainly hopes so and we will have the cows for a few more years.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

For anyone who sails on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity these new loyalty reciprocal levels have just been announced.

IMG_7040.jpeg.9f902a4b876f768066d92c812848366c.jpeg

Thanks for posting this Graham.  I sail with Royal at the end of next month and will turn Diamond level during the cruise and I'm interested to look at Celebrity

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, brian1 said:

After a lovely hot day in Vienna,pre dinner drinks with our new friends Phil and Carol.Everyone getting off at Linz today will be bussed to Passau cos the boat has to sail off to ensure getting under a low bridge in time.20240530_1901352488.thumb.jpg.3bf108586616a7ca8158fa6001c0e21f.jpg

Lovely photo bro. You look as though you've been friends for years. You seem to 'fit' if you understand what I mean.

Just to make it clear, I said 'you fit' and NOT 'you're fit'😁

Sis.

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

😁 - you are 'speaking' to someone who prefers a pot of tea!  I never did acquire the taste for alcohol (unlike the rest of my family) ......  well, Baileys at Christmas perhaps, and the occasional Mimosa. The Diamond Club access and the snacks, tea and coffees sounds good though.  On Celebrity I value the free laundry service and 240 free internet minutes per cruise.  Oh, and Bacio teas and coffees 😉.  DH makes use of the 2 hour window for free drinks on X whereas I generally stock up on water! 

The long, intense thread about P&O removing the ability to take your own bottle of spirits on board was a source of amazement to me.  I took 2 bottles of Tesco High juice and a water filter jug on my 35 night Caribbean cruise in January 😋 and it was one of my really good decisions I'll be repeating on next January's 35 nighter.

Those 5 free drinks each every day could be any drinks including speciality coffee's or soft drinks.

As most people get alcohol tell the bar staff the drinks you get are part of your 10 drinks between you daily so they don't charge you for them.

We always get a free photo each which is nice.

The coffee machine in the Diamond lounge ( now Royal Lounge) is a big plus.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been to lunch with my sisters and great niece at my favourite Italian restaurant.  The food was the usual high standard.  I had Pollo al vino rosso followed by Tiramisu. 

DH can't  believe that 4 people who speak to each other daily and a teenager can spend 3 hours talking.  The teenager was completely boring with her choices of Spaghetti Carbonara followed by ice cream. 🤣

• Like 8

Morning on the 1st of June ,looking out we have started the month on a dry footing.

Not much happening today for us .

Whatever your up to  ,take care and have a great day.🙂

• Like 12

Good morning from sunny Stoke.  We have lovely clear blue skies and it is already 12° and it is predicted to get up to 18° the afternoon so it should be a good day for bowling.  We are bowling at the one of most distant greens that we have to get to so I am not looking forward to 20 minutes in the car to get there.

Have a good day whatever you have planned.

• Like 9

We’re driving down to Southampton to stay with our youngest son for 2 nights for him and my wife to go to the Take That concert tomorrow evening ( thanks Eglesbrech for pointing out the correct date 😂) . I’ll be giving them a walking tour of Southampton this afternoon, whether they like it or not!, and then we’ll probably go to the New Forest tomorrow before the concert

• Like 11

Lunch out with two of my oldest friends today. We met at teacher training college in Manchester in 1972 and have remained good friends despite living a distance from each other.

I've had 5 days of solo living as DH is currently in Germany.  DS and his family are in France but I've enjoyed the facetime updates.  Tomorrow everyone is back, and I have a Tesco delivery containing lots of fresh food (and evaporated milk for the macaroni pudding @Adawn47 👍).  During DH's absence, I've either had lunches out with friends (2) or M&S ready meals (2) plus the odd sandwich, soup from the freezer and fruit. Not much in the way of fresh veg!  Back to normal soon but it is nice to have had a few days off.

We have sunshine here in West Lancashire, and I hope you all get to enjoy a few days' respite from the rain and grey clouds.

• Like 7

Morning all, dull here no blue skies 😔 Rained lots yesterday! The South East often seems to miss the sun now, it often used to be the best place to be!

However, went to see Mum yesterday and it was lovely to see her sitting in her usual spot in the lounge and able to speak more clearly, she was virtually impossible to understand  when she was in hospital. She’s still struggling with eating but the home are being very careful with what she has and watches her carefully when she eats.

This was on her room door, I felt quite tearful.

IMG_0825.jpeg

• Like 17

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇 for good luck to us all on the 1st day of the month of June.

13°C and partly sunny here.

Nothing planned for today.

I hope everyone is feeling well and looking forward to the weekend.

• Like 12

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. 

It is hazy sunshine here in Lytham St Annes at the moment, forecast to get to 16 degrees today. 

We had some turf delivered yesterday so hubby is laying a lawn today. When we moved here last December the gardens hadn’t been touched for nearly two years so it’s going to be a major project to get them looking decent agsin.

I am just doing the normal household jobs a d I might go to the gym.

Have a lovely day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Yes Waju, the land is owned by Peel Holdings and they are currently trying to get planning permission for a Ryder Cup golf course ( never going to be granted as we haven’t got the infrastructure that would be required). It will probably be housing, but again they have the same infrastructure problem. The land just beyond our garden, and up to the fields, just a wood and under it is the feed from Ulswater reservoir, so that can’t be built on either. As we are in our seventies I suspect nothing much will happen in our lifetime. The farmer certainly hopes so and we will have the cows for a few more years.

My Nan and Grandad used to live in a village between Canterbury and Dover. My sister and I used to go and stay in school holidays, they had fields on all four sides. I often used to go and talk to the cows! (Through the fence) They used to look intently at me when I chatted 😂 My Grandad worked on the farm doing things like driving the combine harvester.

Many many happy memories spent there and spoken of often at family gatherings.

• Like 6

Dull and a little damp here, we are now in Germany. The river level is high and we have had to miss Passau as we needed to get under a low bridge. We have a new stop today and not sure what happens next as we cannot get under the next bridge. 

• Like 11

Morning everyone, hope you are all fit and well.

Bright and sunny without any wind. 14c at present but not expected to warm up much more the 16c, but not complaining! It's dry, it's sunny☺️

Have my daughter's dog and my granddaughter here for the weekend, but nothing planned except the normal household chores.

Have a good weekend.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Yorkshire Phil said:

Dull and a little damp here, we are now in Germany. The river level is high and we have had to miss Passau as we needed to get under a low bridge. We have a new stop today and not sure what happens next as we cannot get under the next bridge. 

This is one of the things that puts me off river cruising

We’ve thought about it lots, and identified lots of nice destinations but the likelyhood of too much/too little water seems quite high.  Perhaps I’ve just read too many 😞 descriptions and not enough 🙂 ?

@P&O SUE - your Mum has a very nice last home, doesn’t she.  The old souls do sooooo much better in calm, “normal” situations, rather than in busy, overcrowded hospital wards.  Maybe it’s something the various actors - government, GMC, GPs, nurses, whoever - could look at, and somehow do more to treat the inevitable respiratory and urinary infections which, together with falls, seem to be the main reasons for hospital admissions?

We still have sun - and a cruise ship or twoAE27B7FE-28F9-4D11-8FB9-DA3C8E678528.thumb.jpeg.34ba8f41fcf3c5695452ecab22172641.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1