P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Posted (edited)

A lovely sunny morning here but a bit cool at the moment but hopefully it will warm up.

We don't have anything planned today but we can spend some time doing little jobs around the garden.

Enjoy whatever you do today.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 9

A very sunny morning, blue skies and 12C, with a light NW breeze.

I have been up since 6:30, I have plant 6 tomato plants in the 2 growbags in greenhouse, topped under water reservoirs for capillary matting on greenhouse benches and done a load of washing & put in the line.

Will mow lawn later once the overnight dew has gone, a quick trip to garden centre when they open for some compost to refresh pots before planting up.

My OH is away dog sitting for my MIL, whilst she is hospital after a fall, I will be cooking dinner later and taking it over. 

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Afternoon all, oh my Phil and Brian not sure you’ll get on your tour today! I’ve seen some accounts of minor problems with the river flow before but not to that extent before! 
Hope it improves soon.

We actually have sun today, it didn’t look like it first thing but it soon came through. John is at work today so I’ve been sitting reading in the garden. I’ve come in for some lunch then will probably have a bit more R&R out there in a bit!

Seeing a friend on Tuesday, taking Mum for a scan at the hospital Thursday then it’s her birthday on the 8th so we’re taking her out, so a busy week ahead!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 12

Water still rising,TUI don't class this as an emergency yet cos we have food and water for 3 days after that they may reconsider.Beer,rose and voddie still in good supply,yay.

• Like 12
  • Haha 5

I don't know why we laughed but  we did.  Our supermarket has had to do a substitute wine.

I asked for Gary Barlow's Sauvignon Blanc which I really like but got Graham Nortons!

Cant make out whether it was a brilliant substitute and good thinking or stupid.   Both wines are adequately drinkable too  but that is only my humble opinion!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I think that’s brilliant!

You wonder if there’s a crib sheet or whether the pickers just go native & make their own choices?

I believe Cliff has a vineyard in Portugal.  You may have missed a bullet there? 🤣

• Haha 10

20 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Tipping it down again.Certainly attracting the locals on the distant road.Look at der Englanders.IMG_20240602_1631096262504.thumb.jpg.ef1b7a745d3abacc746e5ca521b1af9a.jpg

A few decades ago, a party of pupils from the school where I taught went on a trip to Germany.  They were in the coach when the Rhine flooded massively and had to be rescued.  It made German TV and national news here at the time.

I've done a similar Danube river cruise to the one you are on starting in Budapest, and that year we had good weather and enjoyed Passau, but I remember the markings on the side of building walls, marked with how high the water levels had been the previous year - very, very high!

Sounds like you are all in good spirits though 🍺 😁.  Hope you continue to enjoy it and keep us updated.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I don't know why we laughed but  we did.  Our supermarket has had to do a substitute wine.

I asked for Gary Barlow's Sauvignon Blanc which I really like but got Graham Nortons!

Cant make out whether it was a brilliant substitute and good thinking or stupid.   Both wines are adequately drinkable too  but that is only my humble opinion!!!

We order 6 bottles of our favourite Rioja with our online order a few weeks ago, when there was a 25% discount offer on, they only had 5, the substitute was a bottle of Rioja more than twice the price of bottles in the in the order. Not tried it yet, but it looks good.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I think that’s brilliant!

You wonder if there’s a crib sheet or whether the pickers just go native & make their own choices?

I believe Cliff has a vineyard in Portugal.  You may have missed a bullet there? 🤣

If there is a crib sheet then I wonder who decided that carrots were a like for like substitute for grapes which happened to us a few years back, the delivery driver did think that pickers were having a competition between themselves for the most off the wall substitution. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Haha 9

21 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

A quick catch up from Queen Anne where we've been in Greenock today.  Beautiful weather, great times out and about and couldn't help but think of you guys when we sailed away.  Jonathan Livingston Seagull was very much alive and well and sends his best Scottish squawks...

20240601_182138.jpg

20240601_182409.jpg

20240601_104210.jpg

20240601_104208.jpg

20240601_092533.jpg

20240601_092524.jpg

20240601_080827.jpg

What a lovely day you got for Greenock- the hottest day we’ve had this summer so far I think.   Looks like you went to lovely Loch Lomond, did you? 

• Like 1

I once told a Tesco delivery  driver that I didn't want the strawberry jam that they had substituted for fresh strawberries he marked it as returned so that it was removed from my bill and then asked me to put it in my bin because they just throw returns away.

DH suggested that I should refuse everything that they deliver so that I could get my groceries for free :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

36 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

If they are given free reign on these substitutes ,must admit it must make the shift 

go by faster by seeing who can come up with weird logical substitutes .

If someone orders a Roly Poly for pudding ,send them weight watchers book .

One things for sure next time they wanted a pudding ,they would not dare 

to order a Spotted Dick for fear of what the replacement could be 🤔🙃

• Haha 15

29 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

What a lovely day you got for Greenock- the hottest day we’ve had this summer so far I think.   Looks like you went to lovely Loch Lomond, did you? 

Yes, a tour taking in Loch Lomond and various others Lochs, both sea and freshwater.  Absolutely beautiful scenery and glorious weather made it even more special. 

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

If there is a crib sheet then I wonder who decided that carrots were a like for like substitute for grapes which happened to us a few years back, the delivery driver did think that pickers were having a competition between themselves for the most off the wall substitution. 

3 orders in a row hubby had his men's deodorant (I probably should know but can't remember the name) had become a large tub of powered baby milk. The poor Asda drivers were as baffled as us! 

• Haha 10

26 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

3 orders in a row hubby had his men's deodorant (I probably should know but can't remember the name) had become a large tub of powered baby milk. The poor Asda drivers were as baffled as us! 

I ordered Little Angels cotton wool pleat and they sent me a pack of new born disposable nappies instead. A sort of cotton wool/tissue I suppose.😏

Useless for removing nail polish though😁

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Kalos, I have just heard about Rob Burrow’s death. I have always admired his determination to lead the best life he could. We should all be proud of this man and how much he did for MND. Best wishes to his family and Kevin Sinfield who will all be devastated at his death.

• Like 10