P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

All you southwest folk were right about not feeding the seagulls.  They are getting massive.

20240620_125711.jpg

A good optical illusion zap.

Frank wants to know how long you had to wait for that shot.

Avril

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A good optical illusion zap.

Frank wants to know how long you had to wait for that shot.

Avril

We were sitting eating ice cream and the German family next to us were eating pasties ( predictive thought panties 🤣) the shot formed in my head. I got in front of the Germans and ducked down. They thought I was about to nick their lunch and started to call the police....nine..nine..nine.🤣There was a German coach in the car park.

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am glad that I have a bowling match this evening, DH is watching the England football game.

Can I come with you Josy? I'm also watching England (excrutiating) and I'd rather be playing bowls! Have a good evening. Jane xx

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Thank goodness for that!

All quiet & calm here.  We led the Wednesday walk, which was also quiet & calm as lots of people are away.  6 humans, 2 dogs enjoyed a mosey round the fields, starting from home, no cars required.  We’re now at the caravan and finally experiencing summer weather.  Whoop de Doo 

Winter wheat coming along nicely

BF9D973D-E990-41DE-B86D-E7DA2DB1D27B.thumb.jpeg.026ed01dddb3724d2650a603a1f52e6f.jpeg

Looks familiar,part of my walk to the gym 4 times a week.

IMG_20240620_141125672.jpg

57 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Can I come with you Josy? I'm also watching England (excrutiating) and I'd rather be playing bowls! Have a good evening. Jane xx

Wish someone could put me down for a game of bowls from what I'm seeing .

I bet it was more exciting than this .

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It is!

The walk will be part of your workout too!

Seaside today.  It’s been lovelyDFBE244C-47AD-4500-AA48-3AEBF6F25FC3.thumb.jpeg.8bcfe1ba182fb4417a38abbdd78e00a8.jpeg

We are there in 4 weeks. Dagenham dock??.🤣

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, purplesea said:

Overcast again here, with showers forecast for this morning, but expected to clear up later and become warm🤞

Daughter is comng round this evening to watch the match with OH, they both support Italy. So it won't be a quiet evening!

Hope everyone has a good day and enjoys the football, which ever team you support!

Forza Azzurri.

7 hours ago, kalos said:

I left a space after the text  sometimes the photo gets crammed and turns sideways

seems to happen on  phones .

If using desktop then I open with PAINT  then rotate 360 deg ,save and post 

Thanks for that Kalos. I usually use an Ipad which would be great if it gave a rotate function. Still now I know you can sort it, I won’t need to bother. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone.  It looks as if it will be summer again today, at least on this side of the country, so hope we can make the most of it by being outdoors.

I had a great lunch yesterday - this is one lovely small country pub which is really busy even on a weekday lunchtime.  Because the staff are friendly and super efficient, and there is a big choice of tasty food served piping hot.  They really deserve to be successful.  I even had a pud., a lovely raspberry pavlova, and was so stuffed my dinner was a glass of orange juice.  

Has anyone been reading about the new phenomenon of dogs on cruises, purporting to be 'service' animals?  I find it entertaining, though I would not like to be on a 'luxury' ship to find a pampered pooch sitting on a sofa near me, or in a handbag in the restaurant!  Been seen on Regent, Silversea and Seabourn ships, I suspect generally with USA owners.  The crews are not happy at having to clean and tidy the cabins for such clients, but management seem to be succumbing to pressure from rich and entitled people.  I feel petty sure it would never happen on a P and O or Saga ship.

• Like 9

It is a lovely sunny morning here and already 14°.  

One load of washing is out to dry and the 2nd is about to go out, the joys of being woken up at 4am by the birds :classic_smile:

• Like 8

Good morning. I hope everyone is well.

Another lovely start to the day here.

It also looks like the good weather will continue (apart from a brief interlude of rain for some today), but what are the odds that the return of the wet weather will coincide with the start of Wimbledon 🎾🎾 on 1st July!

I am not a huge football fan (I will watch UK teams playing) but I do love the tennis and will also enjoy the Olympics.

• Like 8

Good Morning Everyone

A bit cheesed- off this morning after that dire display from England last night. I won't say too much because I'll end up being boring - like the match really.

Earlier in the day yesterday I had the pleasure of watching a brilliant game of tennis at Queens when our number one, Jack Draper, pulled off a brilliant display of skill and determination ( take note you footballers) and beat the number one rated Alcaraz. A stunning result. Well done young Jack.

Right, enough sport. Re the dogs on board: I recently saw a tv report on this subject where it was reported that there is a very long wait to nab one of the dog slots. This is Cunard - don't know about other lines. Well it would be no good for my Ted. Going into a kennel - I don't think so. He'd expect Queens Grill at the very least - not that he's pampered!

I'm off out soon for an early coffee with a friend then back home before it gets too warm.

I wish everyone a fabulous weekend whatever you're doing. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 11

Re dogs on board - the kennels on the Cunard ships are completely different, official and well run.  I am talking about pet dogs being brought on by passengers and taken round with them everywhere on board.  It is apparently fairly easy in the USA to get a Dr. to sign you up to needing a 'service' dog as if were a dog for the disabled, saying you need it for your emotional wellbeing! .  Then the luxury cruise lines seem obliged to allow them on their ships, and  it has been known for passengers to find little deposits on the corridor carpets.  The dogs don't always even wear something to indicate what they are supposed to be.  Seems to be a growing trend, and I personally find it unacceptable, as do most passengers.  Anyway, does not apply to P and O, so I will say no more, just a grumble about something I feel is not on.

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Re dogs on board -  Anyway, does not apply to P and O, so I will say no more, just a grumble about something I feel is not on.

According to the P and O website, assistance dogs can cruise on their ships 😳.

Some time ago there was a ‘live’ report (with photos) of dogs on one of the Viking ocean cruises which clearly were not true assistance dogs.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Re dogs on board - the kennels on the Cunard ships are completely different, official and well run.  I am talking about pet dogs being brought on by passengers and taken round with them everywhere on board.  It is apparently fairly easy in the USA to get a Dr. to sign you up to needing a 'service' dog as if were a dog for the disabled, saying you need it for your emotional wellbeing! .  Then the luxury cruise lines seem obliged to allow them on their ships, and  it has been known for passengers to find little deposits on the corridor carpets.  The dogs don't always even wear something to indicate what they are supposed to be.  Seems to be a growing trend, and I personally find it unacceptable, as do most passengers.  Anyway, does not apply to P and O, so I will say no more, just a grumble about something I feel is not on.

.It's nothing new, was happening years ago on Azamara

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

A bit cheesed- off this morning after that dire display from England last night. I won't say too much because I'll end up being boring - like the match really.

Earlier in the day yesterday I had the pleasure of watching a brilliant game of tennis at Queens when our number one, Jack Draper, pulled off a brilliant display of skill and determination ( take note you footballers) and beat the number one rated Alcaraz. A stunning result. Well done young Jack.

Right, enough sport. Re the dogs on board: I recently saw a tv report on this subject where it was reported that there is a very long wait to nab one of the dog slots. This is Cunard - don't know about other lines. Well it would be no good for my Ted. Going into a kennel - I don't think so. He'd expect Queens Grill at the very least - not that he's pampered!

I'm off out soon for an early coffee with a friend then back home before it gets too warm.

I wish everyone a fabulous weekend whatever you're doing. Be well. Jane xx

Ha ha. Freddie too would not be happy at being in a “kennel”. A balcony cabin at the very least for him! He would happily wear a bow tie for formal night tho!

Joking aside, I do not think dogs on a cruise ship is a good idea for so many reasons (apart from registered assistant dogs). They need green grass and to be off lead on a daily basis. Obviously if relocating to the US then the Cunard scenario would be a lot more comfortable for them than flying (altho am only guessing at that tho).

Jack Draper and Billy Harris both did brilliantly yesterday. 🎾🎾

No comment on the football.

Enjoy your coffee, Jane.

Gill x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning another beautiful day.  Assistance dogs are very topical over on the Cunard board at present due to two unexpected canine guests being taken for walkies away from the kennels.  Apparently one was "barky and nippy"! 

The difference on assistance dogs and emotional support dogs has been the topic for a couple of days.  Cunard and P&O have a strict description of what an assistance dog is and the terms under which they can be carried.

https://www.pocruises.com/accessibility/life-onboard/assistance-dogs

Incidentally the Cunard kennel guests often include cats. I have a friend who works in a law office who every year brings her two over on QM2 for a six month work spell.  They are very well known by the staff as a result.   The daily exercise is a popular entertainment as well.

The dogs/cats have their portraits taken with their special bellboys near the end of the voyage.  There is also a fire hydrant and lamppost in the kennel area for the dogs' pleasure.

download-1.jpeg

download.jpeg

images.jpeg

download-2.jpeg

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 3

All this talk of dogs and today is National Take Your Dog To Work Day !!

Who comes up with these days ?? 🤔

If your a deep sea diver I suppose your dog would love that,playing with the dog fish ..

Or a parachute instructor ..When the lead goes slack and the dog yelps ,remember to bend your legs ready for landing 🙃😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6