P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, grapau27 said:

We had a lovely church service this morning then had a nice time looking out to sea with a light lunch.

IMG_20240929_095713.jpg

IMG_20240929_114818.jpg

The chap doing the towel monsters on Royal has been influenced by you art Graham.🤣20240923_142214.thumb.jpg.83f289381ec076c17b927f61a84ed796.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Another early morning thanks to the rain battering down on the windows at just after 4 am.  I managed to lie in bed until 5:15 but couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and made a cup of tea.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Another early morning thanks to the rain battering down on the windows at just after 4 am.  I managed to lie in bed until 5:15 but couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and made a cup of tea.

Have a good day everyone

Same here rain battering windows at 5:45, lay there until 6:15 then got up as stomach rumbling and made a cup of tea and had a biscuit. OH still asleep rain didn’t wake her. 

• Like 6

Sad to hear that Kris Kristofferson has passed away, I remember going to see A Star is Born in 1976 with DH who grumbled about having to queue to get into the cinema.  Later that evening he proposed.  Years later he told me that he hated the film but thought that if we were saving for a deposit for a house I wouldn't want to "waste money going to see rubbish films".  Since then he has been to lots of films that he didn't want to go to see. :classic_smile:

• Like 13

10 hours ago, purplesea said:

20240929_132751.jpg

20240929_125729.jpg

20240929_130403.jpg

20240929_145345.jpg

20240929_152127.jpg

20240929_160107.jpg

20240929_174634.jpg

LOL,Marilyn's the same,she prefers pie and mash to pasta.I make up for it.Love those cakes/pastries especially when they sell them by the weight.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sad to hear that Kris Kristofferson has passed away, I remember going to see A Star is Born in 1976 with DH who grumbled about having to queue to get into the cinema.  Later that evening he proposed.  Years later he told me that he hated the film but thought that if we were saving for a deposit for a house I wouldn't want to "waste money going to see rubbish films".  Since then he has been to lots of films that he didn't want to go to see. :classic_smile:

Watched the Lady Gaga version 2 nights ago.Marilyn didn't remember the KK version.I remember the James Mason version,lol.Lady Gaga was the best IMO.

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Watched the Lady Gaga version 2 nights ago.Marilyn didn't remember the KK version.I remember the James Mason version,lol.Lady Gaga was the best IMO.

I don't remember the James Mason version .  We saw the Lady Gaga version on Sky Princess last year and both said that we preferred Kris Kristofferson's version

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I don't remember the James Mason version .  We saw the Lady Gaga version on Sky Princess last year and both said that we preferred Kris Kristofferson's version

I liked her because I think she is so versatile.No disrespect but I have never liked KK's voice.

12 hours ago, purplesea said:

Just been catching up on all your posts as have not ha WiFi.

Yesterday evening we were picked up and taken into Palermo to see various sites, starting with the dancing fountain at the new terminal at the port. Followed by a stop for food, before continuing on a tour of the city.

20240928_193142.jpg

20240928_205830.jpg

20240928_215246.jpg

20240928_220537.jpg

20240928_220830.jpg

Absolutely beautiful Pam.

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello folks. 

Thinking of taking MIL to Warners holiday between Christmas and New year. Any comments on Lakeside in Hampshire. Never been on a Warners break before, so any tips/ info would be appreciated. Do people dress for dinner? Most importantly, are the swimming pools warm?!!!.

Only cruise booked for me in the future,at the moment, is a cheeky med 7 nighter  from  Marsaille in January! Hope to book something for the end of April, but not sure where yet.

Back to work next week, jabbing front line staff,their covid and flu vaccines. Not a great take up last year, so expect this year to be even worse 😕 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Hello folks. 

Thinking of taking MIL to Warners holiday between Christmas and New year. Any comments on Lakeside in Hampshire. Never been on a Warners break before, so any tips/ info would be appreciated. Do people dress for dinner? Most importantly, are the swimming pools warm?!!!.

Only cruise booked for me in the future,at the moment, is a cheeky med 7 nighter  from  Marsaille in January! Hope to book something for the end of April, but not sure where yet.

Back to work next week, jabbing front line staff,their covid and flu vaccines. Not a great take up last year, so expect this year to be even worse 😕 

Hi, I’ve been doing quite a few Warner’s breaks recently, and have really been enjoying them.

i haven’t been to Lakeside yet, but it seems popular on the Facebook groups, and people speak of the friendly atmosphere there.

Lakeside’s accommodation is in chalets, so bear in mind that you’ll need to go outside to go to the entertainment and dining. Sinah Warren is also on Hayling Island and is a hotel, so may be of interest if you don’t fancy an outside walk in December.

There is no evening dress code, but most people aim for a smart casual look and during the festive season there are lots of sparkly tops worn by women.

i can’t speak about the temperature of the pool, but I’ve never heard any complaints.about it.

Two tips - book your breakfast and dinner times as soon as you get your confirmation email, otherwise you get left the times no one else wants.

Also, Lakeside is a cabaret/diner, where the dining and entertainment is in the same venue, so choose your dining table as soon as you arrive to get a good view of the stage. Table selection usually starts from noon onwards.

Hope this helps 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Hi, I’ve been doing quite a few Warner’s breaks recently, and have really been enjoying them.

i haven’t been to Lakeside yet, but it seems popular on the Facebook groups, and people speak of the friendly atmosphere there.

Lakeside’s accommodation is in chalets, so bear in mind that you’ll need to go outside to go to the entertainment and dining. Sinah Warren is also on Hayling Island and is a hotel, so may be of interest if you don’t fancy an outside walk in December.

There is no evening dress code, but most people aim for a smart casual look and during the festive season there are lots of sparkly tops worn by women.

i can’t speak about the temperature of the pool, but I’ve never heard any complaints.about it.

Two tips - book your breakfast and dinner times as soon as you get your confirmation email, otherwise you get left the times no one else wants.

Also, Lakeside is a cabaret/diner, where the dining and entertainment is in the same venue, so choose your dining table as soon as you arrive to get a good view of the stage. Table selection usually starts from noon onwards.

Hope this helps 

Good info DG,we were at Gunton hall over Christmas a few years back.Luckily our chalet block was only 3 mts from the entrance to the bars, entertainment etc.Perhaps that could be requested,we were just lucky and ended up there.The pool was indoors and quite modern with sauna etc.Brian.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1

Booked a 7 day Marella cruise yesterday.Malaga to Malaga including Lisbon and Gibraltar,both on our bucket list.14th Nov and flying from Stansted just 35 miles away.Brian.

• Like 6

Just been watching the biopic for Kris Kristopheson on the news.

One of the first guitar songs I ever learned was Bobby McGee, I also have the original lurid green coulored “ever green” albums in the attic.

Too many people from my era dying off. I feel old!

• Like 2