P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

For those who might understand these things, there is a post regarding the reason behind all these outages on the Crystal board, 'Serenity October 10th', page 2, post 43.  By a passenger whose son or son in law is on board and apparently knowledgeable.  To do with a business argument.

Thanks! That’s interesting background.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear that.

The nurse at our surgery said it is best to have the jabs in different arms.

When I was volunteering in the vaccine hub we were told that the reason for different arms was that if you had an allergic reaction to one of the vaccines they would need to know which one had caused the reaction.

• Like 3

A miserable afternoon for me.  I've just had the very worst news that one of my two yearling fillies has sadly been put to sleep this afternoon.  She has had an infection in her foot for a couple of weeks which has been being treated with aggressive antibiotics but unfortunately to no avail so the kindest option was taken to put her out of pain.  Although this is obviously the right thing to do it is so very upsetting because of her age.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Megabear2 said:

A miserable afternoon for me.  I've just had the very worst news that one of my two yearling fillies has sadly been put to sleep this afternoon.  She has had an infection in her foot for a couple of weeks which has been being treated with aggressive antibiotics but unfortunately to no avail so the kindest option was taken to put her out of pain.  Although this is obviously the right thing to do it is so very upsetting because of her age.

Sorry to hear your news.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Sorry to read this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Aw so sorry to hear this...as I said to Lindyloo22 it is so very hard to do the right thing 😞

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Sorry to read this so sad

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm sorry to hear your sad news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks! That’s interesting background.

Looking at the code behind the pages it’s looks more like Adobe Dreamweaver than Wordpress, this is backed by a few web searches which indicate owners use the above and other tools for their sites.

8 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Im so sorry to hear this Megabear, very sad .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon,

I haven't been able to access this site until now🙄

Dulll, damp and dreary day but not cold at 15c. Foggy this morning, but is now more misty than foggy.

Went to see Mum yesterday and she has a nasty bruise on her face. Apparently she fell out of bed. As well as the bruise on her face she has bruised her left arm and has a wound on her right arm which my SIL wasn't happy with so called the doctor, as the dressing she applied stuck to the wound. She now has a district nurse coming in twice a week to change the dressing. Luckily my brother and SIL live with her, but still a worry.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

• Like 6

Afternoon 😃 Had the gas boilers annual service today and Mrs K

and granddaughter took great granddaughter for her age 1 year jabs.

She screamed the place down but to be fair to her ,she had 4 jabs,

two in one thigh and two in the other and we fret about 2 going into

our arms,bless her.

Think this dull weather warrants a chip shop tea tonight 😋

may catch you all later if the forum holds out.🙂

• Like 9

What a horrible week this is for us.  We got soaked to the skin  on the Isle of Wight on Sunday racing to the coach during a downpour.   We are in the ,middle of the worst colds we have ever experienced  Never known anything like it. Never been to bed with a cold before

But much worse,  We got our little cat Keira from the cattery and she was fine.  Then she came to the door somehow on her stomach, we got her in and while talking to the vet we said she had gone, but she rallied  At the out of hours vets, who were lovely, she arrested so we let her go peacefully.  She was only  6, with a heart murmur,  A lovely stubborn little girl who had been in the adoption home 3 times.  I think we made her happy in the last 18 months.

I know the feeling Lindyloo and Megabear

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

What a horrible week this is for us.  We got soaked to the skin  on the Isle of Wight on Sunday racing to the coach during a downpour.   We are in the ,middle of the worst colds we have ever experienced  Never known anything like it. Never been to bed with a cold before

But much worse,  We got our little cat Keira from the cattery and she was fine.  Then she came to the door somehow on her stomach, we got her in and while talking to the vet we said she had gone, but she rallied  At the out of hours vets, who were lovely, she arrested so we let her go peacefully.  She was only  6, with a heart murmur,  A lovely stubborn little girl who had been in the adoption home 3 times.  I think we made her happy in the last 18 months.

This is so sad so sorry, still only a youngster at 6 but I’m sure you have some good memories, every so often I still think my boys here.

• Like 4

Oh Pah!  What a flipping week.  So sorry Indiana - and Megabear too, who I missed responding to whilst the site is so temperamental.  They give us so much but it hurts so much when they leave

I’ve been trying to find a rescue cat - not as easy as you’d think but I’ll persevere 

My OH has just tested Covid-positive.  First time for either of us.  We nearly made it to five years clean! 🙄

Take care everyone.  Who knows when we will meet again?  I’ve not had access all day

• Like 10

I have not had access all day but I wasn't sure whether it was because workmen were digging up the road again but then realised that I could access any other sites so it was obviously something to do with this site.

It has been a foul day, the mist has hung around all day with intermittent heavy showers when either of us have had to go out.

Indiana123 Eddie99 I am sorry to here that your OH has caught Covid, hopefully she won't  be too ill and will recover quickly.

My local councillor rang to ask if I can deliver some news letters for him, I told him yes but not while it is raining so he will drop them off tomorrow and I will deliver them when we have a drier day.

Take care everyone

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Just got back from having our flu and covid jabs, only rang this morning and was given a 3:15pm appointment (wow) in and out in less than 2 minutes both of us.

P.S. no sticker and no sweetie 😔

We had our covid and flu jabs today, both in the same arm and so far no aches and pain, touch wood. However the church hall venue was significantly  busier than last year.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this, how very sad.  I hope you both at least feel better soon and recover from your colds.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

So very sad. It’s not been a good week…..😢🌈

• Like 3