P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Funny you should say that, I've just been looking to see what was on TV this afternoon!!

We've opted to watching panes trying to land in Dublin,storm Ashley is giving 

the pilots a few problems. Some even diverting to MCR.

• Like 1

This Stokie has just returned from visiting Stoke’s (well not far away but with a Stoke postcode) polar bears and got pretty drenched doing so. Mind you, they didn’t seem to mind the rain, nor did the penguins. Arctic and Antarctic in the same place (but separate).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Funny you should say that, I've just been looking to see what was on TV this afternoon!!

Ours went off about 2 hours ago because there was nothing worth watching. 

PI have been reading and DH has been doing a jigsaw that his brother in law gave to him 4 weeks ago, they swap jigsaws whenever we meet up. His brother, who doesn't usually do jigsaws, saw it and has asked if he can have it afterwards.  It is a National Trust jigsaw of a map of Cornwall, on first glance it looks quite easy but he has been struggling with it which is unusual.

7 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Glad to hear that you are coming through it.

my friend and her husband got Covid last month and it floored them. She was in bed for a week and he was completely laid up for 2 weeks. He’s still not back to his old self, and he’s a previously very healthy man in his early 50s.

it just seems like a lottery , both in the acute stage and afterwards - you just don’t know what effect it’s going to have on you.

I tend to agree, it is a bit of a lottery.  I have had to get an appointment at our local surgery twice in the past couple of weeks.  We have to ring at 1.30pm and I got through quickly on both occasions and was seen later the same afternoon.

If you are unfortunate to need a visit the local hospital though that’s a whole different matter, you are advised to arrive one hour earlier than your appointment time to try and secure somewhere to park ……..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Waju said:

I tend to agree, it is a bit of a lottery.  I have had to get an appointment at our local surgery twice in the past couple of weeks.  We have to ring at 1.30pm and I got through quickly on both occasions and was seen later the same afternoon.

If you are unfortunate to need a visit the local hospital though that’s a whole different matter, you are advised to arrive one hour earlier than your appointment time to try and secure somewhere to park ……..

We have a similar situation, no problem getting appointments at the surgery but going to the hospital we don't even attempt to park on the hospital carparks, we park on a public carpark a short walk away.

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have a similar situation, no problem getting appointments at the surgery but going to the hospital we don't even attempt to park on the hospital carparks, we park on a public carpark a short walk away.

Likewise here when going to the hospital in Truro. It is easier, and cheaper to use the park and ride which is situated further out, especially if you don't know how long you are likely to be there for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Likewise here when going to the hospital in Truro. It is easier, and cheaper to use the park and ride which is situated further out, especially if you don't know how long you are likely to be there for.

Luckily we are able to make use of our bus passes if the appointment isn’t too early!

36 minutes ago, Waju said:

Luckily we are able to make use of our bus passes if the appointment isn’t too early!

I would love to be able to use my bus pass but we don't have buses here. I would have to walk nearly a mile to the bus stop to get the bus to the bus station then catch another bus to Newcastle-under-Lyme  and then walk down to the hospital which is about another 1/2 mile.

I have only used my bus pass for 1 trip into the city centre and it took so long that I said never again

DH didn't even bother to apply for a bus pass because he knows that he wouldn't use it.

29 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I would love to be able to use my bus pass but we don't have buses here. I would have to walk nearly a mile to the bus stop to get the bus to the bus station then catch another bus to Newcastle-under-Lyme  and then walk down to the hospital which is about another 1/2 mile.

I have only used my bus pass for 1 trip into the city centre and it took so long that I said never again

DH didn't even bother to apply for a bus pass because he knows that he wouldn't use it.

I realise we are very lucky to have a very regular bus route 😊

Funnily enough Josy we went to Newcastle Under Lyme this morning to collect something my husband bought on EBay!

5 hours ago, pete14 said:

This Stokie has just returned from visiting Stoke’s (well not far away but with a Stoke postcode) polar bears and got pretty drenched doing so. Mind you, they didn’t seem to mind the rain, nor did the penguins. Arctic and Antarctic in the same place (but separate).

Not been there for a while.

Weather was miserable as we drove back from York, but the sun came out as we got closer to home.

• Like 2

OH appears to have only one test line now.. me still two.

He may be let out if he gets another negative in the morning😃

There is a lot of it about.

Last time we sailed through, this time we felt dreadful, we  have never felt so ill, not even       during the big C, heart   and my disablement.That's how bad it can be.

We think are   well on the 'up' now

Please, if you think you have it, take care, rest and really look after yourself. not that we could do much for the middle three days anyway. We would have hated to think we could have  given it to someone else.

• Like 9

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

To all those who have had the dreaded you know what I hope you are all feeling better soon.

It was a lovely day here Saturday, we tidied up the garden, emptied all the bedding plants, covered furniture etc. Sunday morning was awful but by the afternoon we had clear blue skies and sun - strange weather!!

Usual house hold jobs here today plus a trip to the gym.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 6