P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Here I am.. an attention seeker and a sympathy seeker  please....  I make no apologies!!!!😄

As you probably know I am already kind of disabled due to a severe accident.  One lower leg /ankle useless....

Well last night I caught my good foot, which drags slightly on the corner of a mat.  To stop myself falling I flung myself sideways and landed on OH very ungracefully in a heap.. I frightened him almost to death.

It was very sore this morning with a small bruise but because it was my only good foot I decided to pop into Minor Injuries just to make sure.  Ooooh *^*"!^***   it's fractured.  They decided not to plaster today due to my mobility but I now have a giant boot and must rest it for six weeks at least.

The hospital only had small crutches but they weren't much good so we went to a mobility shop and bought some.  I didn't know they are so scary to get used to.

🤣

I will not moan,  I will not moan😱

Oh no, what a thing to happen. Hopefully it’ll mend well, so just put your trotters up for the time being 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Here I am.. an attention seeker and a sympathy seeker  please....  I make no apologies!!!!😄

As you probably know I am already kind of disabled due to a severe accident.  One lower leg /ankle useless....

Well last night I caught my good foot, which drags slightly on the corner of a mat.  To stop myself falling I flung myself sideways and landed on OH very ungracefully in a heap.. I frightened him almost to death.

It was very sore this morning with a small bruise but because it was my only good foot I decided to pop into Minor Injuries just to make sure.  Ooooh *^*"!^***   it's fractured.  They decided not to plaster today due to my mobility but I now have a giant boot and must rest it for six weeks at least.

The hospital only had small crutches but they weren't much good so we went to a mobility shop and bought some.  I didn't know they are so scary to get used to.

🤣

I will not moan,  I will not moan😱

Sorry to hear you have fractured your good foot.

Sending lots of sympathy your way.

Graham.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I don't see any moaning or attention seeking in this thread, with one possible exception - am I missing something?  🙄

A certain person seems to feel that banter is not appropriate !

• Like 4

Good morning everyone hope everyone is ok and happy, I’ve been very busy sorting mums clothes out for charity shops etc and still unpacking a few bits of my clothes now that our wardrobes have arrived all be it one is damaged so awaiting for replacement but can’t see that coming anytime soon after waiting 5 months for these 😤.

Anyway I’m a bit concerned I haven’t seen Avril posting for a few days so I hope you are well Avril and everything ok .

Have a good day everyone, we are off to see the sun rise down the beach now .

• Like 10

Yes, I noticed our Avril was missing in action and meant to put a shout out yesterday but never got round to it.  So, here I go now - Avril … are you and Frank OK?  No need for a long post - just drop by and say Hi 👋 

It’s too early to judge today’s weather.  It’s dry and cool just now.  I think the wind has swung north, so it’s likely cooler.  Anyway, I’ll stop wittering and get on with it.  Enjoy your day everyone.  Try to stay upright 🙂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone hope everyone is ok and happy, I’ve been very busy sorting mums clothes out for charity shops etc and still unpacking a few bits of my clothes now that our wardrobes have arrived all be it one is damaged so awaiting for replacement but can’t see that coming anytime soon after waiting 5 months for these 😤.

Anyway I’m a bit concerned I haven’t seen Avril posting for a few days so I hope you are well Avril and everything ok .

I’ve missed Avril too.

Beckett is also very quiet, so hope you doing okay not over doing things at work Jane?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

I’ve missed Avril too.

Beckett is also very quiet, so hope you doing okay not over doing things at work Jane?

I think Jane posted yesterday, and I imagine at the moment she's absolutely swamped with work given what's going on with boosters - but Avril last appeared on Monday.  

Hope you're OK, Avril - we all miss you.

Harry

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Another lovely sunny day, though the temperature is dropping like a stone now

Pub lunch, overlooking the harbour.  OK, but just a pub lunch.  Fussy, aren’t I?

3ABC4350-CFCC-430C-A917-4B727D67B15D.thumb.jpeg.afc46fe5d34ab8409ac400399571554c.jpeg

20E17AA7-A216-4050-B259-EE5CA78EB4BC.thumb.jpeg.953dc2164862aa5f0076d2e3da9eb487.jpeg

Looks like the burger is poking it's tongue out at the fish and chips. Or is that my imagination ?🤣

• Haha 7

48 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I like that advert, the music takes me back to my youth!! Georgio Moroder & Phil Oaky, I still have it on 12”!! Remember those???

Michelle

Music good but made very ‘John Lewis Christmas advertish’; concept and story line etc very mediocre. As an ad, it would not inspire me to shop there, even if there was a branch within 50 miles of home.

Edited by pete14

14 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I don't see any moaning or attention seeking in this thread, with one possible exception - am I missing something?  🙄

No arm in folk looking for a bit of sympathy if their poor harm hurts. My toe nail is a bit black after stubbing it on that silly coffee table on Iona. Won't catch me moaning, not even when that myholiday app monstrosity....and another thing. Predictive changed spelling when it was right in the first plaice. Where's my flu jab !🤣

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

On a slightly different tack, what's Forest Gate like these days?  I used to pass through it many years ago on my way back from the City, but I suspect it's changed over recent years. Gentrification, perhaps?

Knew a barrister who moved there not so long ago when it started to change, but he was mugged on his way home from the station and has moved further out.

Sure he wasn't a Barrista in Costa?.

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

@Adawn47

We all hope you and Frank are well.

Graham.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I think Jane posted yesterday, and I imagine at the moment she's absolutely swamped with work given what's going on with boosters - but Avril last appeared on Monday.  

Hope you're OK, Avril - we all miss you.

Harry

+1.

• Like 1

After a good start yesterday the heavens opened late morning and yes the dachsies and I were out. Upshot 4 drowned rats. Today starts rainy and no way Hose are those dogs getting up off the floor today. I am treating myself to an oven clean by a very nice man. Yes I really know how to live here. That and the Tesco shop will be the highlights of the day.

Avril I also hope you and Frank are well.

Indiana I hope that your foot gets rested and better soon. Just a hopeful note re the cruise on my last voyage 2018/9 a very nice lady had done similar and had only had her boot for 2 weeks. She was mainly parked up in the Glass House in the mornings so her husband could go off and walk round the ports so we got chatting and wine drinking. Then after he had scoped things out he used a P&O wheelchair to get her off when they could. 

Em.

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Still here and thanks everyone for your concern, but I wouldn't want to be accused of moaning and attention seeking from certain quarters😉

Avril

No chance of that Avril jump back in your banter with your bro makes me smile every time.