P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Did you have wine with your picnic? When you shouted SIT, if he dropped his ball and stick it may not have been your grandson at all😁🐕

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Why?

Have I missed something? 

Could not make sense of the posting! 

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon all. We’ve just come back from a lovely family picnic at a local park. It is our son’s 30th birthday today (I feel old!) it was lovely to see our grandson run round with a ball and picking up sticks! Was quite windy but stayed dry. Our grandson also enjoyed the big 30 balloon I’d given our son! 

49 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Did you have wine with your picnic? When you shouted SIT, if he dropped his ball and stick it may not have been your grandson at all😁🐕

Did you understand it!

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Why?

Have I missed something? 

9 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Did you understand it!

I think Zapp meant (in a jovial way) ...

Did Sue drink large amounts of wine and whilst playing with her Grandson with a stick and a ball  ..a dog came along 

and ..... :classic_unsure::classic_biggrin:

656935-15.jpg.cfe72904d020d09c5122b70d1c50998c.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I think Zapp meant (in a jovial way) ...

Did Sue drink large amounts of wine and whilst playing with her Grandson with a stick and a ball  ..a dog came along 

and ..... :classic_unsure::classic_biggrin:

656935-15.jpg.cfe72904d020d09c5122b70d1c50998c.jpg

Thank you for your explanation. I didn't understand what I meant  until you replied😁. I could have had a go myself, but couldn't be bothered. I suppose I should follow Gary's advice and have a little patience.😂. I would have thought SIT and ball and stick kind of gave a hint, but perhaps not. Next time I spot a Grandma throwing sticks for the grandkids to chase, I'll think of Sue.🚢🐕

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Thank you for your explanation. I didn't understand what I meant  until you replied😁. I could have had a go myself, but couldn't be bothered. I suppose I should follow Gary's advice and have a little patience.😂. I would have thought SIT and ball and stick kind of gave a hint, but perhaps not. Next time I spot a Grandma throwing sticks for the grandkids to chase, I'll think of Sue.🚢🐕

Haha! I didn’t throw sticks for him, poor little mite!! 😁 Like my son at that age he just loves finding sticks!! Was very proud of himself every time he found one!

56 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Haha! I didn’t throw sticks for him, poor little mite!! 😁 Like my son at that age he just loves finding sticks!! Was very proud of himself every time he found one!

Must be in his Genes. Don't let him bury them in the garden after lockdown.😁

I've finally been into town for the first time in 12 weeks. Everyone on the bus wore a mask so that was good. It was much busier than I expected for a cool, damp miserable Monday but not many were social distancing. Groups of teens just sauntering around so I wore my mask. I only used the bank then on  into Boots, social distancing was strictly enforced in both. There were also regular tannoy reminders on touching only what you intend to buy,  keeping to the left and the social distancing.  I also noticed Max Spielmann was open so after our return to looking and feeling normal again via our hairdresser next Tuesday,  we'll be having our passports renewed. All in all it wasn't as bad I thought it would be. I felt comfortable enough if I kept my mask on and the new shopping rules were easy enough if a little odd. I won't be so worried next time.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Added text
  • Like 7

48 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've finally been into town for the first time in 12 weeks. Everyone on the bus wore a mask so that was good. It was much busier than I expected for a cool, damp miserable Monday but not many were social distancing. Groups of teens just sauntering around so I wore my mask. I only used the bank then on  into Boots, social distancing was strictly enforced in both. There were also regular tannoy reminders on touching only what you intend to buy,  keeping to the left and the social distancing.  I also noticed Max Spielmann was open so after our return to looking and feeling normal again via our hairdresser next Tuesday,  we'll be having our passports renewed. All in all it wasn't as bad I thought it would be. I felt comfortable enough if I kept my mask on and the new shopping rules were easy enough if a little odd. I won't be so worried next time.

Avril 

Avril

Well done,will make you feel loads better.

After a discussion with my OH and my volunteer, it has been decided to continue shielding until at least the end of July.

We have managed to get a shopping slot so have been able to take a load of our volunteer.

She is happy to grab a few bits of freshness for us, and has told us that she wishes to continue to assist with our needs, and any problems that might occur.

Unbelievably brilliant!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Avril

After a discussion with my OH and my volunteer, it has been decided to continue shielding until at least the end of July.

We have managed to get a shopping slot so have been able to take a load of our volunteer.

She is happy to grab a few bits of freshness for us, and has told us that she wishes to continue to assist with our needs, and any problems that might occur.

Unbelievably brilliant!

It only goes to prove that there are some lovely people around regardless of what's portrayed in the media.

We're lucky not to have had to shield, but because of age and government advice we stayed at home. As Boot's won't deliver now I knew I was going to have to come out of hibernation and back into the real world, and it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be. I only did the necessities, no wandering around browsing the stalls. I'm glad you finally got a shopping slot. Now everyone is getting  out now to shop they'll probably be a lot more available. 

Avril 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks for the very helpful feedback, Avril. Glad it went well.

Harry 

It did. I will be a long time before I feel confident enough to browse or sit and have a coffee, but when I need to go back into town for the important things I won't be worried. Just make sure to keep the mask on😷 and wash my hands thoroughly when I get home.

Avril 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Avril

Unbelievably brilliant!

Glad you are being looked after Mercury, all of us who are able should do our bit and continue to give back. 

The pleasure of helping should not be underestimated. 

Andy 

• Like 7

We have been using the products from this company all through lockdown and now at work too. The stuff is brilliant and provides hours of protection without ruining your hands !

I only post on here as this was recommended to us for cruises on Cruise Critic and it has been the best product we have yet to find. You may need a dispenser to make it a foam but it lasts ages and everyone we have shown it to / has purchased it at this time is more than happy. It is hospital strength and will protect after use. It looks expensive but last forever!

If it helps:

www.serenityhygiene.com

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We have been using the products from this company all through lockdown and now at work too. The stuff is brilliant and provides hours of protection without ruining your hands !

I only post on here as this was recommended to us for cruises on Cruise Critic and it has been the best product we have yet to find. You may need a dispenser to make it a foam but it lasts ages and everyone we have shown it to / has purchased it at this time is more than happy. It is hospital strength and will protect after use. It looks expensive but last forever!

If it helps:

www.serenityhygiene.com

Thanks - any particular recommendations please?

13 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks - any particular recommendations please?

The hand sanitiser is brill and they do a surface cleaner too. 

We got our foam dispenser from Amazon --- either that or an old soap dispenser with a pump action.

Brill stuff and gives us so much confidence to know that we are safe at home, a work and out and about. 

Like we said we used it as a recommendation on here so wanted to return the favour to those of you just venturing out

Stay safe everyone

PS Just noticed that they have so much more stuff now -- the small hand ones are brill !

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

The hand sanitiser is brill and they do a surface cleaner too. 

We got our foam dispenser from Amazon --- either that or an old soap dispenser with a pump action.

Brill stuff and gives us so much confidence to know that we are safe at home, a work and out and about. 

Like we said we used it as a recommendation on here so wanted to return the favour to those of you just venturing out

Stay safe everyone

PS Just noticed that they have so much more stuff now -- the small hand ones are brill !

Thanks again.  I'll take a look.  😁

On 6/29/2020 at 7:31 AM, grapau27 said:

Happy 30th birthday to your son,it sounded like you all had a fantastic day.

Graham.

Graham you won't believe this, I was just browsing down the posts and read grapau.........and after all this time I've just realised it's Graham and Pauline! 😮 If I had brains I'd be dangerous.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, happy v said:

Graham you won't believe this, I was just browsing down the posts and read grapau.........and after all this time I've just realised it's Graham and Pauline! 😮 If I had brains I'd be dangerous.

It could be an age thing. It took me till Tuesday to figure out why the lift on

( the ) Indy had Saturday on the floor when we boarded..🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, zap99 said:

It could be an age thing. It took me till Tuesday to figure out why the lift on

( the ) Indy had Saturday on the floor when we boarded..🤔

What ? ( That's to save a job for Mercury)😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, happy v said:

I hadn't even thought of that so you are ahead of me !!! Just thought he couldn't spell very well ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I hadn't even thought of that so you are ahead of me !!! Just thought he couldn't spell very well 😉

I have been asked that question on a few thread's but once I put my name at the end of my post and mentioned my wife Pauline most people cottoned on.

My birthday is 27th October hence the 27.

Graham.