P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline went to her hairdresser and I went to my barbers this morning.

We had a McDonald's meal overlooking the sea.

Isn't it funny how the highlights of how lives have changed. We had an illicit haircut on Monday and McDonald's yesterday. Oh joy. Still Grand Prix this weekend. Come on Lewis.😁

Has anybody used this Chance of Dying calculator (charming thought, eh?)

https://www.covid19survivalcalculator.com/en/calculator

It gave me a survivability factor of 99.939%, which didn’t sound too bad!  Perhaps I will go down the pub 😀 Of course, that’s based on my current behaviours, with plenty of social distancing etc but it bodes well, I think/hope.

(Oulton Jim - think of the old birds you have known in your social media life, particularly SagaZone.   No, no DM/PM facility on Cruise Critic, unfortunately, or possibly fortunately)

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Isn't it funny how the highlights of how lives have changed. We had an illicit haircut on Monday and McDonald's yesterday. Oh joy. Still Grand Prix this weekend. Come on Lewis.😁

Another F1 fan here.He's doing well so far.Used to get it on internet but they've clamped down on that,just C4 highlights later.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline went to her hairdresser and I went to my barbers this morning.

We had a McDonald's meal overlooking the sea.

Whilst having a pleasant lie-in this morning ,Mrs Kalos got a message on her phone.

It was one of our sons who had been for his haircut and was first in the queue for the barbers opening up.

He must have been pleased with it to send us the "new look" photo at 6.25am , asking us .....

"do we like it "?   :classic_wacko:   Isn't life wonderful  !! :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Another F1 fan here.He's doing well so far.Used to get it on internet but they've clamped down on that,just C4 highlights later.

We have sky F1, much to my DW's disquiet. Planet F1 is ok.

Funny day yesterday,there was a cat laying down in next doors empty swimming pool.We thought it was injured so we contacted their gardener and when we went in the cat sprinted out and jumped over the 7ft fence.We felt like a pair of wallies,they drove off thinking stupido Inglese.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have sky F1, much to my DW's disquiet. Planet F1 is ok.

Expensive here,we get UK tv via transponder tv for £6.50 a month.Can't even get 5 live,the BBC block that as well.

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Funny day yesterday,there was a cat laying down in next doors empty swimming pool.We thought it was injured so we contacted their gardener and when we went in the cat sprinted out and jumped over the 7ft fence.We felt like a pair of wallies,they drove off thinking stupido Inglese.

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Expensive here,we get UK tv via transponder tv for £6.50 a month.Can't even get 5 live,the BBC block that as well.

You could always pop down to your local bar to watch it, but probably best not to wear a Mercedes baseball cap😂.

22 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It gave me a survivability factor of 99.939%, which didn’t sound too bad!  Perhaps I will go down the pub 😀 Of course, that’s based on my current behaviours, with plenty of social distancing etc but it bodes well, I think/hope.

(Oulton Jim - think of the old birds you have known in your social media life, particularly SagaZone.   No, no DM/PM facility on Cruise Critic, unfortunately, or possibly fortunately)

Ah! Now I think I have you! OBlimey! how could I not! 

21 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I will continue to behave as I have for the last 4 months because I think that my results show that I must be doing something right, my results were :

Survival Probability  
Infection Risk 5%
Mortality Risk If Infected 0.582%
Survival Probability 99.971%

29 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Overall survivability of 99.677% for me.  Living on the edge....😲

31 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

99.94% survival rate for me. I'm off to the pub to celebrate! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Fancy a cruise on the Aurora in early April?  🙂

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I will continue to behave as I have for the last 4 months because I think that my results show that I must be doing something right, my results were :

Survival Probability  
Infection Risk 5%
Mortality Risk If Infected 0.582%
Survival Probability 99.971%

I'm taking the figures with a big pinch of salt. You have been a lot more careful than me, and my result is basically the same as yours!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Oulton Jim said:

Fancy a cruise on the Aurora in early April?  🙂

No, no cruising on the horizon for me

Several booked ( deposit only paid) but I cannot see the point without a vaccine, or some other unforeseen change, to allow cruising to resume in the form we knew.

Very sad.  Glad we did what we did when we did.  Who knows what the future holds?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Several booked ( deposit only paid) but I cannot see the point without a vaccine, or some other unforeseen change, to allow cruising to resume in the form we knew.

Very sad.  Glad we did what we did when we did.  Who knows what the future holds?  

I am putting my faith in a vaccine before the end of March.

Edited by Oulton Jim

You are in the high risk band for catching COVID-19
19% is the equivalent of 1 in 5.26 people
or betting odds of 4.26/1.

You are in the highest risk band for dying from COVID-19
2.356% is the equivalent of 1 in 42.44 people
or betting odds of 41.44/1.
Survival Probability Infection Risk 19%
Mortality Risk If Infected 2.356%
Survival Probability 99.552%

I think I Died a week last Tuesday :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

You are in the high risk band for catching COVID-19
19% is the equivalent of 1 in 5.26 people
or betting odds of 4.26/1.

You are in the highest risk band for dying from COVID-19
2.356% is the equivalent of 1 in 42.44 people
or betting odds of 41.44/1.
Survival Probability Infection Risk 19%
Mortality Risk If Infected 2.356%
Survival Probability 99.552%

I think I Died a week last Tuesday :classic_unsure:

Cheer up, worse things happen at sea🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

You could always pop down to your local bar to watch it, but probably best not to wear a Mercedes baseball cap😂.

We've done that before,but after Ferrari today they've probably smashed all the tellys ,lol.

• Haha 1

Been rather tied up in another topic in here -but now I am practicing 'social-distancing'. I suppose in this case it might be construed as 'anti-social distancing!' 😃 I think that the cruise ship QV is just offshore about a mile or so from here....wonder if I could stow away and have a head start for the next cruise!

Edited by Oulton Jim

7 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Was nice bumping into you - maybe it will happen again on another forum eh? 

Edited by Oulton Jim
  • Like 1

Afternoon all, lazy day here. Very windy but warm and more sun than I was expecting. John has been busy cutting the hedge and I’ve been reading and ‘supervising’!! 
As we’re both off this week we’re planning to head to a beach tomorrow that tends to be quiet - I’ll let you know how we get on! Weather permitting off course 😊

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 3