P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 hours ago, zap99 said:

It could be an age thing. It took me till Tuesday to figure out why the lift on

( the ) Indy had Saturday on the floor when we boarded..🤔

The day in the lift is on every RCL ship.

The carpets are a different colour on the port side compared to the starboard side too.

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The carpets are a different colour on the port side compared to the starboard side too.

I eventually figured out the day on the carpet, but have been on RCI about 6 or so times and didn't know about the colour. I did notice that the fish on NCL carpets point towards the bow. You live and learn🐬

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have been asked that question on a few thread's but once I put my name at the end of my post and mentioned my wife Pauline most people cottoned on.

My birthday is 27th October hence the 27.

Graham.

We're Presto2 but we were originally Presto and lost the account and user name in the early days so made it Presto2 

Ha ha. 2nd time lucky !!!

I am the 29th October so will think of you this year 😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

We're Presto2 but we were originally Presto and lost the account and user name in the early days so made it Presto2 

👍 Likewise.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Interesting story from Sky News (appears in most papers too) on next likely cities for lockdown.  Can't see this situation improving after Saturday!

I know Barnsley is one, but the council are trying to be more optimistic. It doesn't surprise me though. As I said in my first trip to town on Monday, that nobody was social distancing. I dread to think what will happen when the pubs and bars open. Very depressing.

Avril 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I know Barnsley is one, but the council are trying to be more optimistic. It doesn't surprise me though. As I said in my first trip to town on Monday, that nobody was social distancing. I dread to think what will happen when the pubs and bars open. Very depressing.

Avril 

Well,  I'm off to Specsavers tomorrow for an eye test,  Lady W is having her hair cut on Saturday, (hopefully mine will be cut next week,  (although I did have a hankering for a pony tail with a rubber band to make me look like a complete prat !), and a lunch booked in our favourite pub on Tuesday.

You cannot live in fear - life goes on for 99.9% of the population.  Lady W and I are not going to live the rest of our years hiding away. 

The young and the healthy have nothing to worry about. Those with health issues need to be careful, but there needs to be a sense of perspective.  

Thousands of job losses announced today. Those of us still with money need to go out and spend,  and support the workers.

I’m not ready for sitting inside a restaurant just yet but yesterday both of us had the day off so went to Herne Bay.

Was so lovely to see the sea! It was sunny and quite warm but nowhere near the temperatures of last week so not very busy. We had a walk up and down the prom and the Pier. Had fish and chips (in the car, the seagulls were looking menacing!!) Then got our foldaway chairs out the boot and had an ice cream- bliss!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Glad you explained that one Graham.I didn't want to risk a WHAT?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We share the same birthday,we'll have to have a virtual party.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

To elaborate,there's a bloke changing the rugs in all the lifts 7 times a week.The mind boggles.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Glad you explained that one Graham.I didn't want to risk a WHAT?.

The elevator and stairwell areas are different coloured carpets port and starboard.You tube shows day change.

Screenshot_20200702_102028_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Edited by grapau27

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The elevator and stairwell areas are different coloured carpets port and starboard.You tube shows day change.

Screenshot_20200702_102028_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

So,he's what you call the "daily help".

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well,  I'm off to Specsavers tomorrow for an eye test,  Lady W is having her hair cut on Saturday, (hopefully mine will be cut next week,  (although I did have a hankering for a pony tail with a rubber band to make me look like a complete prat !), and a lunch booked in our favourite pub on Tuesday.

You cannot live in fear - life goes on for 99.9% of the population.  Lady W and I are not going to live the rest of our years hiding away. 

The young and the healthy have nothing to worry about. Those with health issues need to be careful, but there needs to be a sense of perspective.  

Thousands of job losses announced today. Those of us still with money need to go out and spend,  and support the workers.

We don't  live in fear, just very cautiously. We're both having our  hairs cut on Tuesday afternoon and I shall still go into Barnsley when necessary. You're lucky to live in an area where cases have been low, us not so. As a result we may have to go back into lockdown. Which after the pubs and bars open in Barnsley centre will more than likely happen. However we still haven't cancelled our cruise and fully intend to go unless P&O say otherwise. So life is still going on for us as well. Just differently than yours.

Avril 

• Like 4

Apologies for being 'Late on parade' -as the legendary Spike once said ''I'll volunteer to read the forum in overtime'' [or words to that effect].

Jim and Maggie signing in -  living in on the east coast of Suffolk bordering Norfolk. Lovely area with some of the best sunshine hours in UK. Been very quiet here for months of course -but more folks now venturing out. Highlight of the 'lockdown' was getting our haircut [albeit a few days early!] our lass bless her does home visits. I was beginning to look like a candidate for ZZ Top! 

God willing we'll be onboard the Aurora for the 19 night cruise in April. Half a dozen intended ports that we have never visited. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Oulton Jim said:

So  -big 'release day' tomorrow. One thing for sure -I won't be straying too far from home! I don't like heaving crowds at the best of time but especially not in present circumstances. No I'll be out in the side-garden [weather permitting] to begin the trimming of 85ft of hedge around the perimeter -I used to get a satisfaction  from doing it , now it is a pain in the 'arras'. 😒

Edited by Oulton Jim

Had my eyes tested yesterday. Specsavers had a "bouncer" on the door,  to make sure that no-one came in without an appointment.  All the staff were masks, gloves and aprons. Hand sanitiser all over the place.

Most of our local stores seem to have virtually stopped restricting the number of people that can enter. However,  the number of people out and about is still fairly low.

My next objective is to get a hair cut before our lunch out next week. I haven't had hair this long since 1971!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Had my eyes tested yesterday. Specsavers had a "bouncer" on the door,  to make sure that no-one came in without an appointment.  All the staff were masks, gloves and aprons. Hand sanitiser all over the place.

Most of our local stores seem to have virtually stopped restricting the number of people that can enter. However,  the number of people out and about is still fairly low.

My next objective is to get a hair cut before our lunch out next week. I haven't had hair this long since 1971!

I had my eyes tested this morning at an independent optician but had to walk past Specsavers where there was a huge queue outside some of who were still there over a hour later when I came back passed them.  My optician is only booking hourly appointments so there is only a maximum of 2 patients in at a time ( if one arrives early or the previous patient is taking too long to decide on their new frames as I did ).  I thought as I saw the lack of social distancing in the queue that I am glad that I stuck with the optician that my parents took me to over 60 years ago when I got my first glasses is now the grandson of the original optician.

I parked at Tesco because I am too mean to pay on the council car parks and there was a small queue to get in so here they are still restricting the numbers in store.

I have got my hair appointment for Tuesday and David has his for Thursday next week so we should soon start to look normal.

• Like 1

Hello OJ 👋 An OB from way back here, incognito 😷 

Anybody got anything to report from their neck of the woods?  We walked through town on our return from our therapeutic walk just now.  Things looked much the same as they have been since the shops reopened, except there was a queue outside the barber - with many in the queue looking as though they really needed it! 😀

I didn’t notice any pubs open, or looking as if they were about to open.  Lights on in several though, and notices about their future plans.  One getting an external paint job; one with gardens & hanging baskets looking good, after months of drought and neglect

I do hope it all works out OK.  Such a fine balance to be struck.  

Take care all

• Like 1

Hello Eddie [have to say that you 'got' me there!- a clue would be handy as no PMs currently available.]

Didn't go out this morning as windy and very overcast. Expect to see a couple of friends tomorrow -then venture out up the east coast on monday, weather permitting!