P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

Well the way I see it Damian ,,,Why on earth would she want jam sugar  when shes got plenty of jam ,even more now

you have brought her some more .

Think her self lucky that she did not want water biscuits or some cheese and possibly some straws .

Anyway no self respecting housewife should send their man out shopping alone ,it's not natural unless they send you

for basic stuff like beer & bbq burgers :classic_unsure:

Back in March we did all their shopping for them and it was a nightmare as they kept giving us huge lists with exotic items such as various Chinese spices that I'd never heard of. Now they are arranging their own deliveries and also getting the Govt food parcels so they have a garage load of supplies and I just get them a few bits here and there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

This started talking about cost, so suggested other cheaper options. 

We seem to have gone round in circles so you will just have to stick your hand in your pocket Wowzz... 

Andy 

I was hoping for a whip round from the forum.

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I was hoping for a whip round from the forum.

If you haven't got any thing from us by lets say January-ish ,let us know and we may escalate your whip round :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sandown, probably. 

Fishbourne would be nearest, But East Cowes not too far behind. Yarmouth Is a fair bit further, but a pleasant drive with better tea rooms than the M25.

Edited by zap99
Spellcheck

1 minute ago, kalos said:

If you haven't got any thing from us by lets say January-ish ,let us know and we may escalate your whip round :classic_unsure:

I would be quite happy to put a voucher into the hat.🚢

Well seems a lot of us are holidaying in the Uk this year. I can’t remember if I’ve said but I’ve booked a week in a house in Lynton, Devon for John’s 60th in October. Looks lovely with a sea view. Just hope the weather is decent as we should be cruising round Spain and Portugal.

My poor sister has just told me she’s resigned from her job as deputy head due to the ‘toxic atmosphere’ at her school. The governors sound a nightmare. She’s been working 3 days a week but during the pandemic has been working full time for no extra pay.

Only thing is she has to work til October half term! Her husband is a manager of a care home and hasn’t had any leave for 7 months but has managed to get a week off end of July and they’ve booked a cottage in Devon.

12 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well seems a lot of us are holidaying in the Uk this year. I can’t remember if I’ve said but I’ve booked a week in a house in Lynton, Devon for John’s 60th in October. Looks lovely with a sea view. Just hope the weather is decent as we should be cruising round Spain and Portugal.

My poor sister has just told me she’s resigned from her job as deputy head due to the ‘toxic atmosphere’ at her school. The governors sound a nightmare. She’s been working 3 days a week but during the pandemic has been working full time for no extra pay.

Only thing is she has to work til October half term! Her husband is a manager of a care home and hasn’t had any leave for 7 months but has managed to get a week off end of July and they’ve booked a cottage in Devon.

Lynton’s lovely, and the area around there. October’s often good in the south west too. Sounds great!

Your sister’s situation sounds appalling. How on earth can that happen? I get fed up with all the attacks on teachers, all supposedly working 9 to 4, with long holidays. Absolutely untrue of course, but a falsehood perpetuated by the ignorant.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

We've booked a beach hut (better than it sounds) for October 2021 near to Illfracombe (Hele Bay) with the money that Hoseasons owed us. The beach huts are right on the edge of the beach with a hot tub. We have stayed before so know that it will be a lovely break. We had been thinking of Cyprus with family, but we needed to spend the voucher and, to be honest, will not be booking any holidays abroad until things calm down. Having said that we had booked a fortnight in Sorrento for August 2021 but that was months before the pandemic hit but have only paid the deposit so will see.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Lynton’s lovely, and the area around there. October’s often good in the south west too. Sounds great!

Your sister’s situation sounds appalling. How on earth can that happen? I get fed up with all the attacks on teachers, all supposedly working 9 to 4, with long holidays. Absolutely untrue of course, but a falsehood perpetuated by the ignorant.

Thank you Harry. My sister has never worked 9-4!  She’s been a teacher/deputy head  since she left Uni at 22 and she’s 52 now so all very sad.

This morning she just feels relief, I’m sure she’ll find another employer who will value her more. She said the Governors seemed to expect a private school education with state school money. Her head has resigned too so must be bad.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, brian1 said:

"Mange tout Rodney,Mange tout".

I knew I'd stuck that 'S' in the wrong place. So embarrassing for someone who's never wrong.😶😂.

So how was the swordfish last night? It was last night right, and not tonight? 😞

Sis

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Can't wait for our caravan break at Walton on the Naze in September. 

We use it as a base for visiting family, but lovely beaches and countryside.. 

Andy 

Wave to  my Mum as you pass by Colchester!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm obviously an exception, as I do all the  grocery shopping, and actively discourage Mrs W from accompanying me.

Congratulations to Mrs W. I see she has you perfectly trained.😉

Avril 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you Harry. My sister has never worked 9-4!  She’s been a teacher/deputy head  since she left Uni at 22 and she’s 52 now so all very sad.

This morning she just feels relief, I’m sure she’ll find another employer who will value her more. She said the Governors seemed to expect a private school education with state school money. Her head has resigned too so must be bad.

Sue, that is an appalling situation - and it's obviously left the governors with quite a problem.  My knowledge of the way schools are run these days is limited, but as I understand it, governors have a lot of power and can sometimes actually act against the best interests of the school.  I'm sure your sister, with her skill set, will find something considerably less stressful.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I knew I'd stuck that 'S' in the wrong place. So embarrassing for someone who's never wrong.😶😂.

So how was the swordfish last night? It was last night right, and not tonight? 😞

Sis

You didn't, Avril - you were perfectly correct.

Harry

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Quite a few of us going to North Devon in October, must be the place to be 🙂

I feel so sorry for your sister. I'm a primary school governor & I hate to think of school staff being treated like that! Governors should balance each other out & challenge decisions that arent in the best interest of the school as a whole, the staff & the pupils. Sadly sometimes you get a domineering personality which isnt good if the others are all willing to follow them in the wrong direction. Makes me cross!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We'll done Pauline.😆

Avril 

She wants to do the Morrison's shop but I know the layout of the shop much better and can get around in half the time and go at 8am on Monday when it's very quiet so she Dettol wipes all the packaging when I get back while I get in the shower.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm obviously an exception, as I do all the  grocery shopping, and actively discourage Mrs W from accompanying me.

4 hours ago, kalos said:

no self respecting housewife should send their man out shopping alone ,it's not natural unless they send you

for basic stuff like beer & bbq burgers :classic_unsure:

I totally agree, many years ago I had been in hospital for an op and was told to rest at home for 10 days. I wrote a list and sent my husband shopping, the list included "blackcurrant" meaning squash he came back with blackcurrant jam because he thought that was what I meant even though neither of us ever eat jam.  Lesson learned men need very specific instructions when being sent shopping for anything bother than alcoholic drinks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2