P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I've just checked in with Heather. Jake is still on oxygen but is back to his normal happy self. They've managed to wean him down to 0.5 litres through the day but is on more while asleep at night.  Hopefully he won’t be long before he's home but things are looking better.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 11

48 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just checked in with Heather. Jake is still on oxygen but is back to his normal happy self. They've managed to wean him down to 0.5 litres through the day but is on more while asleep at night.  Hopefully he won’t be long before he's home but things are looking better.

Avril 

Great news Avril. He’ll be in excellent hands, and hopefully as right as rain very soon. Children do make very rapid recoveries, don’t they. 🙂

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Great news Avril. He’ll be in excellent hands, and hopefully as right as rain very soon. Children do make very rapid recoveries, don’t they. 🙂

Harry

Thanks Harry.  Children are very resilient. Last time he was like this it took 3 weeks before he was finally off oxygen  and allowed home. Four days later he was back on oxygen for anther week. That was 6 months ago. I just wish I knew why this is happening. 

Avril 

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Great to read that Jake is getting better Avril.

The hospital staff will soon have him sorted  out .

getwell.gif.a970ed9f82879b061022287d1414acb6.gif       Sending this little chap to keep him company :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Avril 

That is very good news Avril, hopefully his recovery will now proceed rapidly, and he will be home soon. John.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Good news.

Hopefully this time they can fix whatever problem is causing the recurring illness.

Graham

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good news.

Hopefully this time they can fix whatever problem is causing the recurring illness.

Graham

Thank you. I hope they can. All they say is 'some kind of chest infection'. His mum's a nurse and she can't understand it either.

Avril

• Like 4

Jake's going home today!!! 😀😀

Apparently there's something called a viral wheeze that presents like an asthma high,  which is why salbutamol is helping. They've said he should grow out of it. He's had loads  of tests done and they've ruled out a lot which is why they're calling it a viral wheeze. They've put him under the Sheffield respiratory team so they can regularly monitor him. It's such a relief and they're now going to celebrate a belated Father's day.

Avril 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Apparently there's something called a viral wheeze that presents like an asthma high,  which is why salbutamol is helping. They've said he should grow out of it. He's had loads  of tests done and they've ruled out a lot which is why they're calling it a viral wheeze. They've put him under the Sheffield respiratory team so they can regularly monitor him. It's such a relief and they're now going to celebrate a belated Father's day.

Avril 

Excellent news. Enjoy your belated Father’s Day celebration. 

Yesterday was great for us because our younger son, his wife and our two grand daughters came to sit in our garden for the first time in months. Seemed almost normal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Excellent news. Enjoy your belated Father’s Day celebration. 

Yesterday was great for us because our younger son, his wife and our two grand daughters came to sit in our garden for the first time in months. Seemed almost normal.

That must have wonderful for you both. It's something we're both very much looking forward to. It's strange isn't it that what used to be a normal thing has now been tuned into something rare and unusual.

Avril 

Great news ! :classic_smile:

At least you know what it is/was and can relax now .

So pleased for Jake, you & the family :classic_smile: 

Maybe on the way home in the car they could swing by yours so you and Frank could just take a peek inside the car .

(using the car as a shield ):classic_wink:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Great news ! :classic_smile:

At least you know what it is/was and can relax now .

So pleased for Jake, you & the family :classic_smile: 

Maybe on the way home in the car they could swing by yours so you and Frank could just take a peek inside the car .

(using the car as a shield ):classic_wink:

Nice idea kalos, but thay way wouldn't work for me. It would upset me more to actually see him and not be able to pick him up to love him. I don't think it would do him any good either seeing this wild - haired oid lady in floods of tears waving frantically at him through the car window.😭

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Avril 

Very happy for you Avril, you must be relieved.

• Like 1

Avril 

That's fantastic news Avril! What a relief for you all. Let's hope he grows out of it quickly 

• Like 1

Such good news Avril.

We had a nice Father’s Day yesterday. Our son, partner and grandson cane into our garden in the morning. Brightens me up so much seeing Joshua. He’s getting a bit clingy to his mum now which is a little worrying if I get to look after him again.

Then later my mum and dad sat in our garden for 2 or 3 hours so all very pleasant.

Just done my 5 hrs on the NHS phones, now soaking up some Vitamin D in the garden.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

Avril 

Great news, hopefully he will grow out of it but at least he will be monitored and more serious issues have been ruled out.

Graham

• Like 1

That really gave me a lift Avril, so it must have been double, treble, quadruple etc great for you.

I’ve just used all my fingers and toes and counted up that we’ve been in lockdown for 98 days.  Had lunch with my sister on 16 March, nothing since.  However, I donned my face mask and went into Waterstone’s this morning to get some cards (family birthday season approaching).  Times have changed - plastic screens at the till etc.  I didn’t enjoy wearing the mask - very hot and my hot breath kept making my sunnies fog up 🙂. I’ll keep wearing it though - it seems logical as more & more people get out and about

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SarahHben said:

That's fantastic news Avril! What a relief for you all. Let's hope he grows out of it quickly 

At least we have some idea now what the problem is. It's the not knowing, and you begin to worry that it's something really serious.I saw him last year with it and It was so upsetting seeing him struggling to breathe properly .  They said bronchiolitis and when he got better I thought that was it. That's why when it happened again I panicked. Any way, now we know,  and he's  home,  so we can finally get a good night's sleep.😊

Avril 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

At least we have some idea now what the problem is. It's the not knowing, and you begin to worry that it's something really serious.I saw him last year with it and It was so upsetting seeing him struggling to breathe properly .  They said bronchiolitis and when he got better I thought that was it. That's why when it happened again I panicked. Any way, now we know,  and he's  home,  so we can finally get a good night's sleep.😊

Avril 

👍 really pleased for you and your family.

Graham

• Like 1

Avril 

Really pleased it's turned out well, Avril.  And that you have that diagnosis of bronchiolitis, which my wife (a retired nursing sister, with previous form as a Health Visitor) tells me is something they usually grow out of as they get older.  I'm sure they've told you that already, but it is a positive.

Harry

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Really pleased it's turned out well, Avril.  And that you have that diagnosis of bronchiolitis, which my wife (a retired nursing sister, with previous form as a Health Visitor) tells me is something they usually grow out of as they get older.  I'm sure they've told you that already, but it is a positive.

Harry

Thank you Harry. The first episode he had in December was diagnosed as bronchiolitis but not this one. This time they said it's what they call a viral wheeze which is apparently like an asthma high,  whatever that is. 

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you Harry. The first episode he had in December was diagnosed as bronchiolitis but not this one. This time they said it's what they call a viral wheeze which is apparently like an asthma high,  whatever that is. 

Avril 

Avril, have the doctors said it might be hay fever related?  The pollen count has been very high, and even though I never used to be bothered, I am finding I am suffering with sneezing and a runny nose every morning at present.