P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Avril, have the doctors said it might be hay fever related?  The pollen count has been very high, and even though I never used to be bothered, I am finding I am suffering with sneezing and a runny nose every morning at present.

I wondered that as well because it's something that seems to affect our family. They did loads of tests and have ruled out everything. Hence the viral wheeze diagnosis. He was in the Sheffield  respiratory unit so I'm assuming they must have tested him for allergies as well.

Avril 

Things seem to be getting a little closer to normal here.  My niece just called me,  she saw my hairdresser this morning and made an appointment for me for July 7th.  Apparently Michelle is carrying her diary everywhere she goes so that she can book in any of her regulars that she meets, so my niece booked for herself, my sister and me. I will be glad to get the mess on my head tamed. 😀😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Things seem to be getting a little closer to normal here.  My niece just called me,  she saw my hairdresser this morning and made an appointment for me for July 7th.  Apparently Michelle is carrying her diary everywhere she goes so that she can book in any of her regulars that she meets, so my niece booked for herself, my sister and me. I will be glad to get the mess on my head tamed. 😀😀

I sympathise Josy.  We have a mobile hairdresser. She phoned last Monday and booked the 3 of us in for 12.15 July 7th the same as you. The minute her car pulls up we'll be dragging up the path as fast as we can. Only 2 more weeks 😉

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

well in real life today I have just put my chicken to marinate for the bbq and cut all my veggies so I’m ready. Kids are in the swimming pool after already having an hour bike ride. 

id love days like this if everything was normal  

how are we all managing today as it’s stinking hot! 

I did wonder which one of us on here I going to be first back on a p&o ship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I would love it to be me... I cant wait, but my sensible side says I will wait until the ships have done a few trips and the reviews are in to see how it goes.

As soon as it's back to some kind of normal  I'll be off!!!!😍

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

I would love it to be me... I cant wait, but my sensible side says I will wait until the ships have done a few trips and the reviews are in to see how it goes.

As soon as it's back to some kind of normal  I'll be off!!!!😍

im just hoping there might be good deals to get us back on. 

but then again I don’t have much leave left for this year anyway. 

37 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

im just hoping there might be good deals to get us back on. 

but then again I don’t have much leave left for this year anyway. 

We will leave our Feb 21 Iona Canaries cruise intact, and then see what the situation is when the balance is due in the middle of Nov.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 3

well in real life today I have just put my chicken to marinate for the bbq and cut all my veggies so I’m ready. Kids are in the swimming pool after already having an hour bike ride. 

I think we’re going to book an October break here in U.K. We’ll wrap up warm if necessary and take some long beach walks. Hoping daughter & grandson might come too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

A bit too hot for me today so although we’re sitting in the garden I’m in the shade. My cousin and her husband came for coffee this morning which was lovely as we’ve not seen them since February.

We’re planning to spend most of September in North Cornwall so are hoping for some good weather then although it won’t really matter as it’ll just be lovely to get back down there.

• Like 3

I live in North Norfolk now and like most "locals" we are getting ready for the period when we won't be able to park for love nor money. This year no-one cares or is moaning like they did last year (our first year here) In June 202 I think the majority are just glad that they will see holidaymakers back as it has hit so many people/businesses really hard. Didn't worry us last year we just ferried the one that had an appointment to it and collected them afterwards. We can park and see the sea easily the other 10 months of the year - well we thought so - didn't quite work out that way this year but it will. Got to stay positive.

A bit too hot for me today so although we’re sitting in the garden I’m in the shade. My cousin and her husband came for coffee this morning which was lovely as we’ve not seen them since February.
We’re planning to spend most of September in North Cornwall so are hoping for some good weather then although it won’t really matter as it’ll just be lovely to get back down there.

We’re looking at North Devon, we have a favourite holiday apartment that we rent but it feels like home. I love trying new places but I think this year we could do with going somewhere we know we’ll & just relax

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We’re looking at North Devon, we have a favourite holiday apartment that we rent but it feels like home. I love trying new places but I think this year we could do with going somewhere we know we’ll & just relax

We are off to North Cornwall for a week soon, but looked at Cornwall for September. Lots of places are full already . Don't leave it too long or you may have to put up with a cruise.

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are off to North Cornwall for a week soon, but looked at Cornwall for September. Lots of places are full already . Don't leave it too long or you may have to put up with a cruise.

Already booked! 
Sadly we won’t now be cruising this year - we’ll leave it until the dust settles and we can see what the new reality is for life on a cruise ship. Next one booked is Arcadia in October 2021 - fingers crossed we shall be able to go on that.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We will leave our Feb 21 Iona Canaries cruise intact, and then see what the situation is when the balance is due in the middle of Nov.

I'm doing the same, but our balance is due August 8th. The closer it gets I'm starting to dither a bit. I don't care what the government says, this is far from contained. Oh well we've sorted a couple out for next spring just in case.

Avril 

We’ve just booked [emoji4] They had no availability for September so we’ve opted for October. Looks like baby grandson may well be joining us [emoji4]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

I live in North Norfolk now and like most "locals" we are getting ready for the period when we won't be able to park for love nor money. This year no-one cares or is moaning like they did last year (our first year here) In June 202 I think the majority are just glad that they will see holidaymakers back as it has hit so many people/businesses really hard. Didn't worry us last year we just ferried the one that had an appointment to it and collected them afterwards. We can park and see the sea easily the other 10 months of the year - well we thought so - didn't quite work out that way this year but it will. Got to stay positive.

Nice place to live though!  I entirely take your point about the summer though. Been holidaying there for a long time now - well before Londoners discovered it and sent the house prices through the roof!

Everyone’s plans sound lovely.  It’s so much of a boost to have something to look forward to.  My son, daughter, s-I-l and granddaughters (and new puppy!) are coming down to a holiday cottage just a few miles from us next BH week.  We won’t book anything for ourselves but will look forward to the holiday crowds thinning September/October and hopefully resume trips to the coast and possibly even lunches out.  We’ll see.  I don’t think we’re out of the woods yet, sadly

First of all, poor Oceana :-(  That is just so sad. She looks like no one loves her …………. genuinely sad as we were due to see her again this August …………….

Secondly, and on a more positive note, we have decided that we can  not live without the sea, LOVE Wales and  so have purchased a static caravan in Wales in a beautiful, quiet site right by the sea. Very excited for when we visit in July! It is just so beautiful and we are not sure if we are calling it EDGE  2 or OCEANA 2...….. We will feel safe, we know the area well, so we really are very excited.

Thirdly, we have a cruise booked on Azura in April 2019 but we will only do that if we feel safe.

We have also used  a Hoseason's voucher from a cancelled holiday to book a holiday in Devon for October 2021.

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 4

Congratulations!  I don’t think you’ll be the only person to purchase a caravan.  Your very own home from home and you know you left it clean and virus free last visit.

Much as I’d love to cruise, in theory, I can’t see how the experience at the moment can be anything like what we have grown to love.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

First of all, poor Oceana 😞 That is just so sad. She looks like no one loves her …………. genuinely sad as we were due to see her again this August …………….

Secondly, and on a more positive note, we have decided that we can  not live without the sea, LOVE Wales and  so have purchased a static caravan in Wales in a beautiful, quiet site right by the sea. Very excited for when we visit in July! It is just so beautiful and we are not sure if we are calling it EDGE  2 or OCEANA 2...….. We will feel safe, we know the area well, so we really are very excited.

Thirdly, we have a cruise booked on Azura in April 2019 but we will only do that if we feel safe.

We have also used  a Hoseason's voucher from a cancelled holiday to book a holiday in Devon for October 2021.

The caravan sounds wonderful, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time in a place you know well.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

First of all, poor Oceana 😞 That is just so sad. She looks like no one loves her …………. genuinely sad as we were due to see her again this August …………….

Have one on the Suffolk coast overlooking the North Sea, not been able to use so far this year, but will maybe spend August/September there. Normally use 4/5 Months a year, 3-5 weeks stretches

• Like 2

We've decided to abort our Spanish holiday in September and have decided on the Isle of Wight instead. 4 nights in a Premier Inn for less than £200. Lovely. (Mind you the ferry looks expensive).

Then, if all seems OK. 3 weeks in Lanzarote in November. 

In the current environment,  I think booking too far ahead is a little foolhardy.  We have a floating £500 P&O deposit, that  has to be allocated by the end of September,  and in all honesty,  dont know where to place it. I think we are just going to stick it on a cheap inside cabin to Bruges. Hopefully the new schedule will be out later, and prices will have reverted to normality, and we can book a cruise  we like. (just to add Bruges is lovely, we just dont want to go again) 

• Like 1