P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope all goes well with your hospital appointment today Graham👍

Avril

Thank you Avril.

They did several x-rays on both knees and said my doctor would get the results in 10-14 days.

It is 12°C and raining here.

I hope you and Frank are totally recovered now.

Graham.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Avril.

They did several x-rays on both knees and said my doctor would get the results in 10-14 days.

It is 12°C and raining here.

I hope you and Frank are totally recovered now.

Graham.

I'd have been nervous.They'd see right through me.

• Haha 10

Another reasonable day of weather overcast early on but sun came out this afternoon still a bit windy though.

RHS Harlow Carr was where we went today, had a wonderful stroll around the gardens and through the woodlands with rhododendrons in full bloom, these are not your normal garden shrub size plants, but ones the size of small to medium trees, woodland scattered with bluebells, primulas and various other flowers.

Finished off the day with an afternoon tea in Betty’s Tea Rooms at the site. 

We were planning a trip to York tomorrow, but have decided to have a quieter day instead and stay local, with a visit to East Coast on Friday starting at Scarborough. 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 8°C and partly cloudy here.

We had a nice pizza each yesterday for lunch.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20220511_161435.jpg

I’m on a pre-cruise diet but would make an exception for a pizza that looks that good 😊

I’ve got a dress that I bought when I first booked our cruise in 2018. I can almost do the zip up, if I can do it up this time next week I’ll wear it on the first night of the cruise, before I’ve put any weight back on 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I’m on a pre-cruise diet but would make an exception for a pizza that looks that good 😊

I’ve got a dress that I bought when I first booked our cruise in 2018. I can almost do the zip up, if I can do it up this time next week I’ll wear it on the first night of the cruise, before I’ve put any weight back on 😂

I see you're learning the cruising tricks already Sarah. Well done👍😁

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I’m on a pre-cruise diet but would make an exception for a pizza that looks that good can do it up this time next week I’ll wear it on the first night of the cruise, before I’ve put any weight back on 😂

Good luck I'm sure you'll manage to get into your dress, it is a great sense of satisfaction when you get there. I managed to get into mine in January, one of them was even looser!

I'm now on a post holiday diet, trying to loose the weight I put on while on Azura, so far so good -

nearly there🙂

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I see you're learning the cruising tricks already Sarah. Well done👍😁

Avril

Absolutely. Make sure you have some EWs (elasticated waist) for last few days! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20220511_161435.jpg

Did the waiter ask you if you wanted the burnt ends one, or just say ' your usual sir?.'🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Good luck I'm sure you'll manage to get into your dress, it is a great sense of satisfaction when you get there. I managed to get into mine in January, one of them was even looser!

I'm now on a post holiday diet, trying to loose the weight I put on while on Azura, so far so good -

nearly there🙂

I have lost my Lanzarote weight. This time I am determined to get ahead before we go off to St Ives in June.

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I have lost my Lanzarote weight. This time I am determined to get ahead before we go off to St Ives in June.

I've got to get ahead too for our week in Sicily in September when we go and visit family.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I remember you posted a lovely photo in that dress last year Sarah.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Did the waiter ask you if you wanted the burnt ends one, or just say ' your usual sir?.'🤣

Different Pizza express Zap.

Pauline wanted to go shopping today so I said YES if I can have a nice breakfast.😋😋

IMG_20220512_110622.jpg

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I remember you posted a lovely photo in that dress last year Sarah.

Thanks Graham, sadly I think that one is one I really can’t fit into at the moment. Hoping by cruise #2 next summer I’ll get to wear it😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks Graham, sadly I think that one is one I really can’t fit into at the moment. Hoping by cruise #2 next summer I’ll get to wear it😊

Pauline has used a local seamstress in Sunderland for many years who takes in and let's out dresses she buys.

Might be an option worth exploring Sarah.

I hope your mam is feeling a lot better and getting used to her wheelchair.

Paulines late mam didn't like hers at first but she soon loved it.

Graham.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline has used a local seamstress in Sunderland for many years who takes in and let's out dresses she buys.

Might be an option worth exploring Sarah.

I hope your mam is feeling a lot better and getting used to her wheelchair.

Paulines late mam didn't like hers at first but she soon loved it.

Graham.

Crazy but true story.

When mum came to live with us I had the loan of a wheelchair from Age UK, I think?? which,by the way she firmly refused to use.

I digress.

We were out when it came, so they put it, folded up, in the porch near the  frosted glass kitchen door. Mum walked into the kitchen and screamed, and when I saw the the chair I thought  'Oh lord, I'm in for it now!', but it wasn't the chair, Mum thought there was a large dog sitting in the porch. We laughed about it for ages, and she kept asking me when was the RSPCA was coming to pick up the dog.

She had a great sense of humour. I miss her.

Avril

• Like 11

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

St Ives , just go on the seagull diet , hold your burger slightly away from your body 

and the Gulls will do the rest :classic_wink:

• Haha 12

We had a crazy day at the food bank this morning.  ITV came in to film us for some reason.  It was so staged that it bears no resemblance to actuality, We were filmed filling the bags and taking them out to the clients.  We don't actually carry them to where the client is sitting,  we have table in the main room and we take the bags to there and call out the number of the person collecting the bags.  I won't actually see what they put out because tonight is a bowling night.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20220511_161435.jpg

Looks lovely but my appetite has dropped off the past few years and I would have to share it with my wife. We were away last week and had my first meal out for quite a few months and I could only eat half of my main course after having a starter, pub and restaurant meals are much larger portions that I am used to at home. I think that I will have to start ordering off the childrens menu or have 2 starters with one for the main course 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We had a crazy day at the food bank this morning.  ITV came in to film us for some reason.  It was so staged that it bears no resemblance to actuality, We were filmed filling the bags and taking them out to the clients.  We don't actually carry them to where the client is sitting,  we have table in the main room and we take the bags to there and call out the number of the person collecting the bags.  I won't actually see what they put out because tonight is a bowling night.

In the 1980s a Fibre Optics project that I was working on for the Dept of Industry was being filmed for Tomorrows World for a 5 minute segment it took 6 hours to film. My boss who led the project (he was a professor) was not pleased how they manipulated the content and was not telling the true science as he wanted it told.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Looks lovely but my appetite has dropped off the past few years and I would have to share it with my wife. We were away last week and had my first meal out for quite a few months and I could only eat half of my main course after having a starter, pub and restaurant meals are much larger portions that I am used to at home. I think that I will have to start ordering off the childrens menu or have 2 starters with one for the main course 😉

I frequently choose a second starter as the main course because I hate waste and find that a main course is too much of I have had a starter.

30 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I frequently choose a second starter as the main course because I hate waste and find that a main course is too much of I have had a starter.

Yes I hate wasting food as well until a few years ago I always cleared my plate whether I was full or not. Our local pub which I have only eaten in once in the last 2 years does have a 'pensioner' menu with smaller and cheaper portions. My 90 yo mum who has passed away had a good appetite up until the end and always cleared her plate and she always made sure that she got her monies worth at a Toby Carvery!!!😄 

• Like 3

I have just got back from an unexpected pub lunch with friends - they are both slim (and over 80), and ate their one main course with gusto and had puddings; I am not slim and ordered a (very tasty) ciabatta roll with goat cheese, bacon and caramelised onion, and could only manage half, as well as eating much more slowly than them.  The difference seems to be that they are more physically active than me, and I think have better metabolisms.  Pubs do give you IMO very large portions nowadays, and the younger generations seem to expect them.  Actually not very good for you in the long run, especially if a lot of it is chips or other carbs.

• Like 4