P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Thanks, Jane.  I too have an upcoming phone consultation with GP, not too concerning, so I hope yours is reassuring.  My problem is not medical, and may take months to resolve, but my two children are rallying round as they are able to help a lot with it.  Thank goodness to have a family who have your best interests at heart, it must be horrid to have siblings or children who you have fallen out with!

As we all know and tell each other, it all seems better  at 7 a.m. than it did at 2.  Nil carborundum!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Morning Jane,we always get up around 6.30 which is 5.30 UK.Remember back in the day,the most exciting thing on the telly in the night was the test card.Good luck today,Brian.

Good Morning Brian. Yes, the test card! I'd forgotten that. I don't know what I'd do without my all-night tv on nights I can't sleep. I'm sorry to report I watched MOTD last night and oh dear West Ham were poor. David Moyes seems confident that the board "has his back" but in the light of recent sackings I wonder if his saying that is the kiss of death. Fingers crossed for your team. Thanks for your good wishes. Have a great day. Jane xxx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Thanks, Jane.  I too have an upcoming phone consultation with GP, not too concerning, so I hope yours is reassuring.  My problem is not medical, and may take months to resolve, but my two children are rallying round as they are able to help a lot with it.  Thank goodness to have a family who have your best interests at heart, it must be horrid to have siblings or children who you have fallen out with!

As we all know and tell each other, it all seems better  at 7 a.m. than it did at 2.  Nil carborundum!

Aren't we lucky to have supportive families. Although my family is relatively small I can't imagine how lonely I'd be without them and their support. I wish you well and thanks for your good wishes. As for your last words - quite right! I haven't heard that expression for ages - love it. You have a good day @lincslady and no doubt we'll both feel better as the day goes on. Best wishes. Jane xxxx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning all from beautiful Sorrento.  The sun has come out today after a damp start yesterday. Have to say the hotel is amazing... probably the best we've ever stayed in in Italy. The room furniture is all inlaid wood .... the view from our room 180 degrees across the bay and the food and service faultless. Lovely friendly people. Saw some cruise ships and did not envy them as this really has reminded us of the joys of a land holiday. Have attached some photos of the hotel to date ... Will post some sunnier ones later !!!

20230405_152829.jpg

20230405_153253.jpg

20230405_163645.jpg

20230405_163649.jpg

20230405_163653.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Morning all from beautiful Sorrento.  The sun has come out today after a damp start yesterday. Have to say the hotel is amazing... probably the best we've ever stayed in in Italy. The room furniture is all inlaid wood .... the view from our room 180 degrees across the bay and the food and service faultless. Lovely friendly people. Saw some cruise ships and did not envy them as this really has reminded us of the joys of a land holiday. Have attached some photos of the hotel to date ... Will post some sunnier ones later !!!

20230405_152829.jpg

20230405_153253.jpg

20230405_163645.jpg

20230405_163649.jpg

20230405_163653.jpg

Your hotel looks stunning Presto. Thanks for posting such uplifting photos. Keep having a great time. Jane xxx

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

20230405_152829.jpg

20230405_153253.jpg

20230405_163645.jpg

20230405_163649.jpg

20230405_163653.jpg

That looks fantastic, Sorrento is one of my favourite places 

Michelle 

• Like 5

On 4/4/2023 at 5:28 PM, mrsgoggins said:

Like this (with fingers crossed as I attempt my second photo insertion in 2 days 😄🤞)?  I use this all the time for lemon drizzle cake, which I make in loaf tins, 2 at a time.  Purchased from a market by Lake Garda.

DC24083E-6C75-4844-9CE8-67B52783F0D2.jpeg

I can just imagine that with lemon cake on it - perfect!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

20230405_152829.jpg

20230405_153253.jpg

20230405_163645.jpg

20230405_163649.jpg

20230405_163653.jpg

Looks amazing, have a great time.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

20230405_152829.jpg

20230405_153253.jpg

20230405_163645.jpg

20230405_163649.jpg

20230405_163653.jpg

Absolutely stunning even on a dull day.

Avril

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

As promised the ones with the sun in ...

20230406_090702.jpg

20230406_090658.jpg

20230406_090653.jpg

There was me thinking you were in Sorrento when actually you are in the Potteries all the time. The River Trent does seem to be a bit wider than usual, probably due to the rain🥴

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Brian. Yes, the test card! I'd forgotten that. I don't know what I'd do without my all-night tv on nights I can't sleep. I'm sorry to report I watched MOTD last night and oh dear West Ham were poor. David Moyes seems confident that the board "has his back" but in the light of recent sackings I wonder if his saying that is the kiss of death. Fingers crossed for your team. Thanks for your good wishes. Have a great day. Jane xxx

I'm depressed now Jane,going back to bed,lol.I can't believe the 2 extremes of form in 2 seasons.You aint doing so bad though.Go on Hammers and Lewis,Brian.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Almost - just turning in after a fair number of beers and wines !

I do love the Princess package, especially as the waiters in the MDR ask if you want a "double" when you order a glass of wine. So much easier for everyone !

Wowzz,  are you Elite on Princess,if so do you still get the one off mini bar set up if you are Proncess plus? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pete14 said:

There was me thinking you were in Sorrento when actually you are in the Potteries all the time. The River Trent does seem to be a bit wider than usual, probably due to the 

Mr Presto would've pined for his Oatcakes!!!!

• Like 1

Morning all, had a stressful time with our work phone system yesterday. It went off for everyone for about half hour, but didn’t come back at all for me! I finished at 1pm but carried my mobile round with me all the time as I was expecting a call from IT, it never came!

This morning I signed on ( I don’t start til 1pm today) and it was working, hooray! 
Looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend as as I have Tuesdays off I’ve got 5 days off 😀

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

As promised the ones with the sun in ...

20230406_090702.jpg

20230406_090658.jpg

20230406_090653.jpg

Looks great P2,we had a similar view from our hotel dining room 17 years ago.We sent photos back telling everyone we dined overlooking Capri.We realised later it was Ischia and Capri was around the corner.We didn't tell anyone though,Brian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, had a stressful time with our work phone system yesterday. It went off for everyone for about half hour, but didn’t come back at all for me! I finished at 1pm but carried my mobile round with me all the time as I was expecting a call from IT, it never came!

This morning I signed on ( I don’t start til 1pm today) and it was working, hooray! 
Looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend as as I have Tuesdays off I’ve got 5 days off 😀

Problems with the IT at work. You really are P&O...sue😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Isn't it sad when the thing which brightens your day is something actually going right for a change.  I seem to have more wrong things than right often, mainly thanks to BT and computers.  (And probably my inefficiency at working them, in fairness).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Looks great P2,we had a similar view from our hotel dining room 17 years ago.We sent photos back telling everyone we dined overlooking Capri.We realised later it was Ischia and Capri was around the corner.We didn't tell anyone though,Brian.

Until now !! 😄

Sis

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Isn't it sad when the thing which brightens your day is something actually going right for a change.  I seem to have more wrong things than right often, mainly thanks to BT and computers.  (And probably my inefficiency at working them, in fairness).

My work has switched to an internet based phone system 🙄 We have no physical phone we just plug the headset into our laptop! I don’t like it really, there’s often quite a delay so we keep talking over each other!

5 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Wide Awake Club

A better night for me than @indiana123 and @lincslady - I didn't wake until 4.30am!

I don't drink tea so I'm on my second coffee now but no biccies yet. I'll take the dog out when it gets a bit lighter but still a bit too dark and spooky to go out yet.

I do agree about all the murders on tv but I have to admit to really enjoying them. I seem to alternate between real life murders and grisly medical programmes on Netflix - no adverts so you can just pause if you need to put the kettle on again.

I've got a telephone consultation from the GP surgery this morning - nothing serious but something that's worrying me at the moment and, as we all know, when you're up at silly o clock everything is magnified in your thoughts. @lincslady I hope whatever is concerning you is resolved and gives you peace of mind soon.

Right, time for the 6am news soon so I'll watch that and get ready to go out - or maybe I'll have another coffee!  Jane xx

Sending you my best wishes Jane that your doctor's consultation is fine and you can relax with another cup of coffee.

Take care.

Graham x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

20230405_152829.jpg

20230405_153253.jpg

20230405_163645.jpg

20230405_163649.jpg

20230405_163653.jpg

Lovely photos.

• Like 3