P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I seem to be on the black list for scammers, answering the phone with “hola quien esta llamando” seems to have made them think it’s a Spaniard answering the phone as we rarely get any scam calls now on the land line. (For non Spanish speakers, that is “Hello, who is calling”) 

I answer them in Welsh!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I seem to be on the black list for scammers, answering the phone with “hola quien esta llamando” 

9 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I answer them in Welsh!!

I just ask them in fluent Yorkshire repeatedly  .." Hasthargoreany Bisto ? "

In English "Have you got any gravy ?"

They just think they have some foreigner on the line and hang up 🙃

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Just scrolling through latest posts on various CC threads and came across a post 

that has been resurrected eight years later 😲

Is this a record or do they date back further ? 

This could be a competition. Let's find the old PO dress code thread .... crash hats at the ready ,-)

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

What worries me is when I search a specific  question and find that I have started the same thread many years before or had even replied to one giving the answer!

Please tell me its not just me ...

Oh that  !  I've being forgetting things as long as I can remember 🥴

I  even keep forgetting what the opposite of night is called.

In the end I gave up and just called it a day.😉

Back to your question   ... Yep just you 🤣

• Haha 15

4 hours ago, kalos said:

I just ask them in fluent Yorkshire repeatedly  .." Hasthargoreany Bisto ? "

In English "Have you got any gravy ?"

They just think they have some foreigner on the line and hang up 🙃

Love that joke! 

• Like 1

Wr have had a happy dance in our house this afternoon. 

At long last we have had an email from the Toyota dealer telling us that they now have a delivery date for our new car it was ordered 22nd February :

Your car is currently at the Depot in Derby and the current ETA (Estimated Time Arrival) is showing as the end of August to arrive with us, ready for a September registration.

• Like 17

6 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Just wondering if this is local or widespread.

My friend ordered 79 items from Morrisons Home Delivery and 38 were missing.    It was all the staples missing ie butter, veg, chicken etc £79 worth (refunded). A lot of fresh stuff missing too, but she got all her tins and packets

The poor delivery man said she wasn't the only one, there were others.  He had no idea what is going on.

Very odd. 

I read an article from The Grocer a few days ago apparently the extreme heat in Europe & North Africa has reduced crop yields which is likely to affect fruit & vegetable imports from those areas, accounts for around 25% of our imports. Apparently a lot of the tomato plants were killed off by the extreme temperatures and the British crop is lower as a number of growers cut back on planting due to energy costs. This might explain some of shortages at Morrisons. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Just wondering if this is local or widespread.

My friend ordered 79 items from Morrisons Home Delivery and 38 were missing.    It was all the staples missing ie butter, veg, chicken etc £79 worth (refunded). A lot of fresh stuff missing too, but she got all her tins and packets

The poor delivery man said she wasn't the only one, there were others.  He had no idea what is going on.

Very odd. 

We seem to be fine at the moment and we are usually the first to suffer any shortages on the basis that if they can sell it in the south why pay to transport it north,

Perhaps a local distribution issue?

• Like 2

It is not a good day for us today. This afternoon we are going to the funeral of the husband of one of my friends who died herself two years ago.  This is the third funeral in the last year of people in their late 60s  / early 70s.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning 🙂 We were watching TV last night the what we ate in the 70's program .

Some things you can still get, but who would want to ?  Like those Vesta curry's.

Even things like Blue Nun wine starred in the program .

How the hell did they convince the men they were better off with a glass of wine ,

than a pint of Trophy bitter is anyone's guess.  Maybe the Mrs back then wanted 

to keep up appearances and weaned their men off the beer .

I bet that was a night to remember a glass of Nun and a plate of Vesta 🥴

Hope you all have a great day and all your shop deliveries have no shortages .

Ps out in the depths of Lincolnshire  @lincslady are you getting your shopping ok ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It is not a good day for us today. This afternoon we are going to the funeral of the husband of one of my friends who died herself two years ago.  This is the third funeral in the last year of people in their late 60s  / early 70s.

I'm sorry to hear your sad news Josy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, kalos.  Yes, no problems and if any substitutions they are sometimes dearer/larger, for the original price, so no complaints.  Because the pickers and drivers are so good, I now and again send a note of praise to headquarters, which I believe trickles back to them - not to ensure good service, but I  guess it helps.  I am not exactly in the depths, just can't manage heavy loads or walking too far, so delivery has been a boon.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Ah yes, I remember it well😋

With Blackforest Gateau to follow😉

Avril

There's a thought for the MDR. Prawn cocktail,  vesta beef curry and viennetta ( spellchecker 0: Zap 1).🤣

• Haha 3