P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I know I'm an infrequent poster on here but I do like to read everyone's daily posts.

I'm off on Arcadia on Tuesday - slightly apprehensive after hearing about the ship - but going with a positive vibe.  It's my first cruise since 2019, that was on Britannia, and will be my third P&O cruise, having started on Oriana.  We will sail to Norway, Iceland, Edinburgh and Newcastle - an interesting mix.

I won't have the internet package but hope to catch up with posts on this page when I can

• Like 21

7 minutes ago, Sarah1974 said:

I know I'm an infrequent poster on here but I do like to read everyone's daily posts.

I'm off on Arcadia on Tuesday 

I won't have the internet package but hope to catch up with posts on this page when I can

Nice to see you and others finally stepping back onboard the ships since 2019 .🙂

Make sure you have a great time ,keep safe and don't worry about the tinternet as 

you can tell us about it and catch up on your return .      Take care 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sarah1974 said:

I'm off on Arcadia on Tuesday - slightly apprehensive after hearing about the ship - but going with a positive vibe.  It's my first cruise since 2019, that was on Britannia, and will be my third P&O cruise, having started on Oriana.  We will sail to Norway, Iceland, Edinburgh and Newcastle - an interesting mix.

Hope you have a great cruise, and look forward to hearing about it..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So much for worrying about passports taking a long time to renew.

OH sent his application off on Wednesday last week and had a text this morning from the passport office saying that it had been sent out and giving him a tracking number.  He has just had an email from Royal Mail saying that they have it and expect to deliver it tomorrow.  He hasn't  needed to track it.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sarah1974 said:

Have a great time! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sarah1974 said:

I hope you have a great cruise Sarah.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sarah1974 said:

Have a great cruise! I'll forward to reading about it when you get back ☺️

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sarah1974 said:

Have a good time 

• Thanks 1

Just had an email from a well know National Garden Centre chain giving me priority booking for Breakfast with Santa for my children or dog, don’t think I will be taking it up as my children are 41, 37 and 33 and we don’t have a dog.  

Christmas gets earlier every year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

9 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Just had an email from a well know National Garden Centre chain giving me priority booking for Breakfast with Santa for my children or dog, don’t think I will be taking it up as my children are 41, 37 and 33 and we don’t have a dog.  

For some posters on here ,only 2 sleeps away 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

After my husband testing positive on Wednesday he’s been quite unwell and this morning my youngest daughter was positive too 🥴

Fortunately we have a three storey house so I’m sleeping on the sofa and they have the run of the top floor with their drinks and meals delivered to the landing 🥴 

it’s given me a chance to start looking at our cruise photos. Here’s 2 of our formal ones. The photography team really overdo the photoshop, they’ve ironed out our wrinkles 😂 I suppose that they have so many to do they probably just use a pre-set software programme.

On the first formal night I spotted a lady who had the same ivory & black dress as me, glad I wore mine on the 2nd formal night 😂

3.formal 3 6x4  Copy.jpeg

2. Formal night 2 square.jpeg

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 31

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

After my husband testing positive on Wednesday he’s been quite unwell and this morning my youngest daughter was positive too 🥴

Fortunately we have a three storey house so I’m sleeping on the sofa and they have the run of the top floor with their drinks and meals delivered to the landing 🥴 

it’s given me a chance to start looking at our cruise photos. Here’s 2 of our formal ones. The photography team really overdo the photoshop, they’ve ironed out our wrinkles 😂 I suppose that they have so many to do they probably just use a pre-set software programme.

Lovely photos.

Hope your husband and daughter get better soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

On the first formal night I spotted a lady who had the same ivory & black dress as me, glad I wore mine on the 2nd formal night 😂

2 lovely photos Sarah.

I'm sorry to hear your husband and youngest daughter are both unwell.

I hope they both recover very quickly.

Take care of yourself too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We are reliving our younger days and watching Top of the Pops from1976 on BBC4 and recalling our dads' comments. 🤣

I like watching those too. I remember waiting for Thursday evenings and my mum and dad saying “what a noise, that’s not music” or “turn it down its too loud”

Michelle 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

I am not looking forward to today, well I am but I’m not. Driving down to Southampton from Halifax ready to join Anthem tomorrow. Because we are taking four grandchildren plus my mobility scooter and luggage we need two cars so a long drive ahead.

We are staying at Elizabeth House Hotel where I have never stayed before leaving the cars at ABP parking.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 20

Just now, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

I am not looking forward to today, well I am but I’m not. Driving down to Southampton from Halifax ready to join Anthem tomorrow. Because we are taking four grandchildren plus my mobility scooter and luggage we need two cars so a long drive ahead.

We are staying at Elizabeth House Hotel where I have never stayed before leaving the cars at ABP parking.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Have a safe journey and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

We're enjoying every moment that we can now that we're both over a certain Biblical age and so we would have been attempted to accept the offer, turn up in Santa hats and explain that Mum and Dad were to busy Christmas Shopping. 🎅🤶

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry to hear you've got the dreaded unmentionable in the house Sarah and I hope your family don't suffer too much with it.  However, the main reason for my post today is to say you look totally gorgeous in the photos! Be well. Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well have finished my epistle to PO re freedom dining and our cruise in January. Its rather long ... wish me luck Megabear

Good luck with yours, I'm about to compose mine to them about Arvia! I hope that we both receive an appropriate response.

• Like 4