P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The wind has been very strong here but after downpours overnight so far no rain.  Busy time building a new water feature this morning, very interesting in the winds but now running smoothly.

More big excitement on the horse front, my latest new arrival has checked in, another beautiful filly foal by Perfect Power.

perfectpowerexcupboardlove-0424-1(1).jpg

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 17

5 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I’ve just read on the bbc an article from 3 days ago about the spring booster being available to book from today online or on tel no. 119 for over 75s, people in care homes and immunosuppressed. Eligible people will be contacted but I hadn’t seen it publicised. It’s under the bbc news health section.

Talking of immunosuppressed folk . I hope @Harry Peterson is aware of this 

and is keeping well 🙂

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been awake since 3 am Florida time (8 am UK) despite less than 6 hours’ sleep. I don’t travel, or cope with time differences nearly as well as when I was younger. As with most other things 🙄. So, spurred on by all the food photos, I thought I’d add one of yesterday’s Virgin Atlantic lunch, which was surprisingly good, and I don’t think I say that often of airline food. It’s the veggie main of macaroni cheese with mushrooms and the dessert was a light lemon mousse-type of cheesecake. The barely visible dinky silver salt and pepper pots have on their bases ‘Stolen from Virgin Atlantic’.

It’s sunny and with temperatures in the 80s - I think most posters here can still understand Fahrenheit 😉

PXL_20240414_131927435_Original.jpeg

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

It’s sunny and with temperatures in the 80s - I think most posters here can still understand Fahrenheit 😉

PXL_20240414_131927435_Original.jpeg

I hope so otherwise you'd be medium rare by now,lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I’ve just read on the bbc an article from 3 days ago about the spring booster being available to book from today online or on tel no. 119 for over 75s, people in care homes and immunosuppressed. Eligible people will be contacted but I hadn’t seen it publicised. It’s under the bbc news health section.

Our clinic starts jabbing on Thursday this week. Apart from the email requesting volunteers I haven't seen it publicised. I know the take up for the last one was very low.

Funny old day today weather wise, we have had sleet, rain, wind and brilliant sunshine and it is  cold. We went to the Hardwick inn near Chesterfield for lunch with relatives, very nice it was too, nice plate of steak and Guinness pie, chips and Yorkshire caviar.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Our clinic starts jabbing on Thursday this week. Apart from the email requesting volunteers I haven't seen it publicised. I know the take up for the last one was very low.

Funny old day today weather wise, we have had sleet, rain, wind and brilliant sunshine and it is  cold. We went to the Hardwick inn near Chesterfield for lunch with relatives, very nice it was too, nice plate of steak and Guinness pie, chips and Yorkshire caviar.

I'll bite, what's Yorkshire caviar 😁?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good  Evening  all, 

We bade fairweather to Cornwall this morning & after a easy drive up into a sunny/ fairly  breezy Devon & Sidmouth. Always great to arrive here,we feel relaxed  & comfortable at The Victoria.  Dinner menus  below & our choice this evening was salmon rillet,followed  by  the guinea fowl then orange  tart.

Weather looks good for DW birthday tomorrow 🤪

20240415_184013.jpg

20240415_183941.jpg

20240415_184141.jpg

20240415_191929.jpg

20240415_194721.jpg

20240415_201258.jpg

• Like 13

A bright sunny morning here which I am grateful for since I  have a cardiology appointment this morning and didn't want to get soaked walking from the off site carpark.

0ur neighbour was up there yesterday and his wife had to drop him off outside the outpatients department then go off to park because even though he has a disability badge they couldn't find an on site parking space.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

A bright sunny morning here which I am grateful for since I  have a cardiology appointment this morning and didn't want to get soaked walking from the off site carpark.

0ur neighbour was up there yesterday and his wife had to drop him off outside the outpatients department then go off to park because even though he has a disability badge they couldn't find an on site parking space.

Best wishes for your cardiology appointment today Josy.

I hope everything is good.

8°C and partly sunny here.

I hope everyone is well and have a good day.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Hope everything is ok for you this morning Josy. I have to take my mum this afternoon for her first pacemaker check after it was fitted in February. 

Michelle

• Like 10

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It’s a lovely sunny morning here, hubby is out walking the dogs.

The decorator should be arriving soon, he papered the lounge ceiling yesterday and is painting it today.

Coffee morning group this morning for me, then hospital appointment with my mum this afternoon.

Michelle

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Hope everything is ok for you this morning Josy. I have to take my mum this afternoon for her first pacemaker check after it was fitted in February. 

Michelle

Best wishes for your mam today Michelle.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Good  Evening  all, 

We bade fairweather to Cornwall this morning & after a easy drive up into a sunny/ fairly  breezy Devon & Sidmouth. Always great to arrive here,we feel relaxed  & comfortable at The Victoria.  Dinner menus  below & our choice this evening was salmon rillet,followed  by  the guinea fowl then orange  tart.

Weather looks good for DW birthday tomorrow 🤪

20240415_184013.jpg

20240415_183941.jpg

20240415_184141.jpg

20240415_191929.jpg

20240415_194721.jpg

20240415_201258.jpg

All looks very nice, but the shape of the roast potato looks familiar. 1🤣

• Haha 5

My friend is just back from Spain and she was stopped on the way in at passport control and asked to prove she had a minimum amount of (113) euros for each day of her stay (or demonstrable access to this money eg debit card). They were selecting random people and checking that they had a return or onward ticket, a place to stay and enough money for the duration of their stay.

Apparently this law came into force in January 2022 but is now being actively applied n Spain. It applies to all European countries. I knew it always used to apply in Belgium in the past.

Just so you are aware of it if you are travelling this summer. I don’t use online banking so couldn’t prove that my card holds sufficient funds, something I’ll have to change that just in case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

My friend is just back from Spain and she was stopped on the way in at passport control and asked to prove she had a minimum amount of (113) euros for each day of her stay (or demonstrable access to this money eg debit card). They were selecting random people and checking that they had a return or onward ticket, a place to stay and enough money for the duration of their stay.

Apparently this law came into force in January 2022 but is now being actively applied n Spain. It applies to all European countries. I knew it always used to apply in Belgium in the past.

Just so you are aware of it if you are travelling this summer. I don’t use online banking so couldn’t prove that my card holds sufficient funds, something I’ll have to change that just in case.

The rules existed before January 2022, has applied to 3rd Party countries for some years before then, as U.K. now a 3rd Party Country now applies to us as well. The Spanish Government up the amount to €100 a day in January 2022. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Nor do I use online banking , so I think a mini statement from the Hole in the wall 

machines, possibly the day before,as that would be a dated printout .

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

The rules existed before January 2022, has applied to 3rd Party countries for some years before then, as U.K. now a 3rd Party Country now applies to us as well.

It seems they are now being applied more proactively. 

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 11:34 AM, Eglesbrech said:

Quick question. Do P&O still go into central Amsterdam?

Yes they do we went last June and my friend is going in September. Docked a few minutes walk from the station. However I’ve noticed this morning looking at the new 2026 cruises the words ‘from Ijmuiden’ again. Perhaps that’s due to the work at the railway station and it will back to central Amsterdam again soon.and, of course they are going to Rotterdam a lot more too.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Nor do I use online banking , so I think a mini statement from the Hole in the wall 

machines, possibly the day before,as that would be a dated printout .

I would just show my balance on my mobile banking app if required to do so. 

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Good luck today Josy. Hopefully you'll stay dry walking in and with a good result walking out. Jane xx

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I would just show my balance on my mobile banking app if required to do so. 

Eglesbrech was posting that she does not use online banking and my comment 

was a workaround for us who do not use online banking /apps .

• Like 4

Just had my email re vaccination, and my nearest place at present is 12 miles away, so I will wait and assume that as before my GP will be offering them soon.

I hope all the heart appointments go well; I have had one asked for by GP since  February, and I am allowed to  ring up on  Friday to find out if it will be happening soon!  This for an echocardiogram, which I would like to have in case there is some different treatment I need.

• Like 5