P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Josy - I presume that your sister did actually drive before?  In which  case it was cheeky, but I would have thought it funny, if it was me  - although I was, according to my son, a 'very good driver'. About the only compliment I ever had from him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Josy - I presume that your sister did actually drive before?  In which  case it was cheeky, but I would have thought it funny, if it was me  - although I was, according to my son, a 'very good driver'. About the only compliment I ever had from him.

She has driven for over 30 years but her grandson says that her car is attracted to the gates when she is reversing into her drive so she gets quite a few dings. He has suggested that since I have been doing the school run mornings and evenings we should continue with that arrangement.  That is not going to happen, we will revert to me doing mornings and she will do evenings.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

He has suggested that since I have been doing the school run mornings and evenings we should continue with that arrangement.  That is not going to happen, we will revert to me doing mornings and she will do evenings.

I hope he is only joking about that🤨

Avril

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I didn't know about that kalos. I use Google chrome all the time so I'll (no I'll rephrase that), I'll ask my grandson😉, to look into that.

I have an adblocker on so I did wonder how that particular pop up kept coming on.🤔

Avril

All the adverts seem to have disappeared, or maybe they are just on holiday, surely CC are not taking notice of their members. That would be a first.

PS That was wishful thinking, it's just that they dont have them in the threads, bother grrrr..

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Haha 6

Well, wherever they are I am not seeing them, thank goodness.  I can only think/hope that our moderators have some sway, and will have pointed out that they are  completely counter productive.

2 hours ago, kalos said:

@Megabear2

I see Dutch Decoy is running at Royal ascot this evening (17.05)

Good luck with him .

Thinking about babies ? How is that young foal of yours doing ?

Thank you.  A big ask today with 30 runners in the Royal Hunt Cup.  I'd hoped for Newmarket on Saturday which was the alternative but tye trainer is keen for him to take his chance today.

The girls are growing fast, a couple more months till they are weaned.  The first one is an independent little madam!

miranda-0524-1.jpg

perfectpowerexcupboardlove-0624-1(2).jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

@Josy1953 Hope your sister's brain scan gives her the all clear,🤞 and doesn't have to wait ages for the results.

Overcast down here, and still a bit of a breeze but not too bad.

A trip to Sennen today, then Mousehole for a cream tea. Cream then jam.....proppper☠️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope he is only joking about that🤨

Avril

Probably not, but it makes no difference because he has only gone in today because they are having some sort of celebration for the ones who are moving on to college in September and he won't be going into school again after this morning.

He is in for a shock in September because there is a bus service that passes the end of the road where they live and passes close to the college that he is going to. 

He is already looking forward to having driving lessons when he is 17 in February because dad has said that when he passes his test he will buy a small car for him and pay all of the costs of running it.

Definitely luckier than I was, I had to buy my first car which was a 1960 red mini which cost £50 but I thought that it was wonderful that I could go wherever I wanted without the 2 mile walk into town  to catch a bus.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Yes I do! Such a lovely man and devoted to his wife Mandy. I’ve still got his book somewhere in the house.

I have just read his book, very funny and inspiring. I wonder if he still cruises or still a member of CC?

Just now, sagaris said:

I have just read his book, very funny and inspiring. I wonder if he still cruises or still a member of CC?

I’m friends with him on another social media site but must admit I haven’t heard from him for a while. I know he had cruised a bit before the pandemic but it takes a lot out of him.

Just now, lancashire_cruisers said:

I’m friends with him on another social media site but must admit I haven’t heard from him for a while. I know he had cruised a bit before the pandemic but it takes a lot out of him.

It would be lovely to know how he and Mandy are getting on. Hopefully he is no worse and that Mandy is ok after her cancer.

Molly

• Like 1

Is it just me or does this sort of parking annoy anyone else ? The spaces are clearly marked.

I am waiting for my niece to come out of school and I know that there isn't a problem because the car park is almost empty

20240619_150135.thumb.jpg.95c3f8dfc009c267503e04f06bec533a.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Probably not, but it makes no difference because he has only gone in today because they are having some sort of celebration for the ones who are moving on to college in September and he won't be going into school again after this morning.

He is in for a shock in September because there is a bus service that passes the end of the road where they live and passes close to the college that he is going to. 

He is already looking forward to having driving lessons when he is 17 in February because dad has said that when he passes his test he will buy a small car for him and pay all of the costs of running it.

Definitely luckier than I was, I had to buy my first car which was a 1960 red mini which cost £50 but I thought that it was wonderful that I could go wherever I wanted without the 2 mile walk into town  to catch a bus.

He is very lucky if he gets all that paid for him. My first car was a red mini with a black roof. I had to buy it myself, pay the insurance and all the running costs by myself. I couldn’t wait to learn to drive, had my first driving lesson on my 17th birthday.

Michelle

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Is it just me or does this sort of parking annoy anyone else ? The spaces are clearly marked.

I am waiting for my niece to come out of school and I know that there isn't a problem because the car park is almost empty

20240619_150135.thumb.jpg.95c3f8dfc009c267503e04f06bec533a.jpg

Must be Italian they all park like that.Supermarket doors are the best they all try to drive in if they could.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

He is very lucky if he gets all that paid for him. My first car was a red mini with a black roof. I had to buy it myself, pay the insurance and all the running costs by myself. I couldn’t wait to learn to drive, had my first driving lesson on my 17th birthday.

Michelle

The youngsters today have no idea what life is really about. Personally I think that they get given too much from their parents and grandparents, most of my friends seem to give their grandchildren almost everything that they ask for. I think that if they had to work for what they want then they would appreciate it more.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

All the adverts seem to have disappeared, or maybe they are just on holiday, surely CC are not taking notice of their members. That would be a first.

PS That was wishful thinking, it's just that they dont have them in the threads, bother grrrr..

Short response from Admins on pop up ads can be found here

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/3014240-merged-ta-pop-ups/?do=findComment&comment=67535146

appears it’s been dealt with

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank goodness for that!

All quiet & calm here.  We led the Wednesday walk, which was also quiet & calm as lots of people are away.  6 humans, 2 dogs enjoyed a mosey round the fields, starting from home, no cars required.  We’re now at the caravan and finally experiencing summer weather.  Whoop de Doo 

Winter wheat coming along nicely

BF9D973D-E990-41DE-B86D-E7DA2DB1D27B.thumb.jpeg.026ed01dddb3724d2650a603a1f52e6f.jpeg

• Like 12

Good morning.

It is quiet here so hopefully everyone is asleep.

It is 12°C and partly sunny in Sunderland.

Best wishes for a nice day and hopefully a good result for England tonight.

Scotland played well last night and deserved to win.

• Like 11

Good morning  Graham and everyone - yes, just woken up  to what should be a nice day.  I am going out for lunch to my favourite local pub with two friends, and hope you all have a good day.

• Like 9

Good Morning

I agree with you @grapau27 about Scotland - I was willing their ball into that net. They were unlucky. I really hope they get through to the knockout stages.

I hope you have a lovely lunch out today @lincslady. Enjoy your favourite pub.

It's a beautiful day here today - Summer Solstice - it'll soon be Christmas!

Have a great day everyone and the very best of luck to England this evening. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 11

Woke at 5am, couldn’t get back to sleep so got up at 6:15, caught up on England Cricket T20 score, a win by 8 wickets very impressive, let’s hope England football team will be equally impressive this evening. 

• Like 6