P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Just been looking at Huddersfields fixtures, and a very depressing looking lot they are, gone are Leeds, Sheffield Wed., Middlesborough, Norwich, WBA, Coventry, Burnley etc. 

Now we have the likes of Crawley, Burton Albion, Cambridge, Shrewsbury, Stevenage and Exeter.

Oh dear, the perils of being relegated!!! By the way, there is nothing wrong with the places you have mentioned. Shrewsbury, Cambridge and Exeter are particularly very pleasant historical county towns.

• Like 5

Hang on in there anyone sweltering 🥵

Looks like tomorrow will be significantly more comfortable 

So, we’re not getting the fabled English summer - *3 hot days and a thunderstorm*. Just *3 hot days, then not so hot*

It might be a bit warm tonight though

Luckily we’re at the caravan and it has windows on all 4 sides, so we should be able to organise a bit of air movement 🤞

• Like 7

Morning.

Well after tossing and turning for a couple of hours I finally gave in and got up at 3.40am. It's my worst night's sleep since the hot weather arrived. 

I've put a load of washing in, updated the accounts book.sorted the shopping list for next week and I'm now sitting with coffee listening to the birds and watching the sunrising. A little light cloud with blue skies appearing and a pleasant 17c. A lovely time of day. 

If the day turns out to be as pleasant as it seems I  shall have a nice nap in the garden later on today.

i hope no-one reads this beause you're still asleep.

Avril

• Like 10

What a warm night…….

I’ve been down in Devon for a few days and arrived back home yesterday evening. My lounge (south facing) was 32c and the bedroom (also south facing) was not much cooler. So windows were flung open for a few hours!

A lazy day ahead apart from the laundry and maybe contemplating booking a cruise for next year!

Gill x

• Like 8

Just woken after a similarly poor night, Avril.  Unbelievably stuffy and hot, though I did have my big fan on not pointing quite at my face which helped.

Right now it is nice here, coolish and a slight breeze; let's hope it does not warm up as much.  BBC weather suggests a few degrees down.

I hope we all have a good day; don't work  too hard if it is very hot and humid.

• Like 9

Was also up early (5;15) sat with a cuppa reading and updating our holiday

plans and booking hotels for the days before them with parking included .

To Mrs K's delight ( and mine if I'm hones)t another night away with the 

air craft receiver.

It's good to have a plan /holiday, so whatever your planning for today

have a good day doing so .   Take Care .

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning.

Well after tossing and turning for a couple of hours I finally gave in and got up at 3.40am. It's my worst night's sleep since the hot weather arrived. 

I've put a load of washing in, updated the accounts book.sorted the shopping list for next week and I'm now sitting with coffee listening to the birds and watching the sunrising. A little light cloud with blue skies appearing and a pleasant 17c. A lovely time of day. 

If the day turns out to be as pleasant as it seems I  shall have a nice nap in the garden later on today.

i hope no-one reads this beause you're still asleep.

Avril

I read it sis cos we're 2 hrs in front of you,bro.Overslept today,woke up at 7.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Morning, 

I slept OK until 5am, couldn’t get back to sleep so got up, caught up on a few emails, did a bit of research on some gardening items I am looking for, had a cuppa, watered tge plants on the patio.My OH awoke at 6:45 and we now have bedclothes in washing machine.

Outside currently 15C, inside its 23C, heating is not on! 

This after we say goodbye to our Volunteer Manager as she moves on to pastures new, she will be missed and will be a very hard act to follow.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

Morning all,

Woke at 5.30 but didn't get up for another hour. No fog this morning and a partly sunny sky and expected to get to about 17c, so not much cooler than yesterday, although we have a breeze which will probably make it feel cooler.

Need to get a new washing line as mine collapsed on me yesterday. Luckily I don't need to rewash everything. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

We woke at 4.36 precisely, when him indoors, dreaming about driving two cars at once (🙄), knocked over his water glass 🙄.  Of course, there was no further sleeping after the mopping up

Much cooler & more liveable this morning.  Even clouds

04EC7205-3547-4843-B11A-8C40AF739952.thumb.jpeg.403a0df1e5aa621d5fbaaf6513c30b00.jpeg

I hope your hubby was wearing a seat belt as driving two cars whilst asleep is not easy 🙃😄

70888-01b67c2b-4c52-4c21-9947-6a244b82978b.jpg.7aa57f07fcc8caefd305eec3129d6cc0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Good morning.

It is 15°C and cloudy here.

I woke up at 6am and closed the window as it felt a little cool.

I dozed off again until 8.00am.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day thinking about booking or thinking about their future cruises or holidays.

I got a pleasant surprise with the amount of OBC i got from P&O yesterday for the cruise I booked on Arvia.

Take care and stay safe friends.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

We woke at 4.36 precisely, when him indoors, dreaming about driving two cars at once (🙄), knocked over his water glass 🙄.  Of course, there was no further sleeping after the mopping up

Much cooler & more liveable this morning.  Even clouds

04EC7205-3547-4843-B11A-8C40AF739952.thumb.jpeg.403a0df1e5aa621d5fbaaf6513c30b00.jpeg6

If he'd been driving one of those during the night he could have swept you out of the bed😁

Avril

• Haha 5

Nessebar is a lovely old town, isn't it.  It was a stop on a cruise we did quite a few years ago, when it was possible to go round the Black Sea.  Such a shame that all those fascinating cities and towns are now either annexed by Russia or being fought over.  We visited Odessa, Yalta - where Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin had their famous meeting - and Sebastopol amongst others.  It seemed to us, and was, the best way of seeing that part of the world.  No such luck now, or maybe ever again.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I got a text from Direct Line for my car insurance renewal with an increase of over £200 last year.  I have had no claims or convictions. I have a price from the AA that is £153.08 less than DL

Our car insurance is due for renewal in July it was £300 2 years ago and £340 last year, I’ve already had an information email from LV saying about the increasing cost of parts and labour etc so I’m expecting a substantial increase. I’m with Direct Line for our house insurance so yesterday I did an online quote with them but that came out at £600+!!. I’ll try a comparison site  as well before the renewal date.

• Like 5

Good morning we also have a bright sunny day with a breeze .

Yesterday afternoon we were sat in the garden and was saying how calm 

and peaceful it was,the next thing an almighty breeze came from nowhere,

just like a draught off an express train..

Hope you all have a good day take care .

• Like 10