P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Went out for lunch today, I had the Ploughman’s Lunch

20240808_141652_Original.jpeg

You can't beat a good ploughmans lunch and I have to say that one looks bloomin lovely 🙂

• Like 3

Perfect morning for walking, dry with a cool breeze.  I took the dog on the longest of the 3 walks that I do with him so he will probably sleep for the next few hours, he really is a lazy dog.

He got a bit excited last night and rushed to the patio doors barking so DH went look what was the problem because both sets of gates were shut so in theory no-one can get around the house.  It turned out to be a hedgehog, we have seen them in the garden occasionally but only when one of us has gone outside after dark.

• Like 10

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It’s a mixture of cloud and sun here at the moment but it looks very breezy.

I have been looking after four grandchildren Weds/Thursday this week with an overnight sleep. They ate so much food!!! The boys are 16,13 & 11 and the girl 6, the boys definitely eat much more than me.

Going to my daughters today, she has just had a lot of work done in her house. She has had walls knocked down, new kitchen new bathroom, new doors etc etc so my hubby is helping decorate this weekend.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 9

Morning everyone,

After the last couple of days of dull, damp and dreary weather the sun has his hat on again, and is out😊 It is at present 16c and expected to rise to a pleasant 20c, warm, but not too warm.

Need to wash my car today, as it's filthy. Other than that I will collect my daughter and partner later from the station as they have just returned from their holiday, but not sure when as yet. 

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I saw that on Princess site as you were thinking of Drinks package. Rather than just have drinks package you should go for Princess Plus which includes Gratuities and Interrnt.  Works out a much better deal.

Thanks,our daily drinking routine is quite predictable.I just want to know if the standard measure is still 2oz.I can work out from there the exact daily cost and then work out the pros and cons.

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Thanks,our daily drinking routine is quite predictable.I just want to know if the standard measure is still 2oz.I can work out from there the exact daily cost and then work out the pros and cons.

The measure is immaterial. It’s more than P&O. If it’s not large enough get two. If you want something that is priced higher than the Princess Plus you just pay the difference plus 18%. Princess drinks are about $12 so Plus is a good deal. 
However I never bother with P&O packages as they are not good. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
Last sentence
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Morning everyone ,we have a bright sunny start to the day 18.c.

I will be booking the car in for mot & full service.The car is coming up 9 year old

and serves us well for the little use we use it overall and we still have no desire

to swap it for another car yet .

That's our plans for today, so whatever your planning ,have a good day.🙂

Morning Kalos,same here,ours will be 9 years in March.We did our last 3000 mile round trip in March and have hardly used it since other than driving 25 miles to Sevenoaks to see our daughter now and then.Only 60000+ on the clock.Biggest worry will be ULEZ if they move the goalposts as it's a diesel,OK at the mo,Brian.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Went out for lunch today, I had the Ploughman’s Lunch

20240808_141652_Original.jpeg

Wow

Thar looks more like the ploughman’s lunch, supper & breakfast next morning!  It looks gorgeous - bet you enjoyed

No news from these parts.  After a very wet day yesterday (as forecast) it looks like we are in for a very pleasant few days

Have a lovely weekend when we get there (4pm today?)

All the best for Sunday @brian1

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Morning Kalos,same here,ours will be 9 years in March.We did our last 3000 mile round trip in March and have hardly used it since other than driving 25 miles to Sevenoaks to see our daughter now and then.Only 60000+ on the clock.Biggest worry will be ULEZ if they move the goalposts as it's a diesel,OK at the mo,Brian.

My car will be 10 yrs old in October, but we are only doing about 2000-3000 miles a year mostly to Southampton for cruises, and we are trying the coach for our next cruise so it could be a lot less in future, and it's a diesel so only £20pa road tax and only done about 26,000 miles, so only just run in. So really a no brainer to keep it as long as it is still running.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

My car will be 10 yrs old in October, but we are only doing about 2000-3000 miles a year mostly to Southampton for cruises, and we are trying the coach for our next cruise so it could be a lot less in future, and it's a diesel so only £20pa road tax and only done about 26,000 miles, so only just run in. So really a no brainer to keep it as long as it is still running.

Our tax is the same being Euro6 emissions but there are rumours of a Euro7.Don't know what that entails yet.All they done once at the garage was double the Adblu consumption to comply.Anyway it's mainly coaches,travel together railcard and London rail and bus freedom pass for us.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 3

My great-niece is 2 years old today and my niece has just put a montage of photos and video clips of her over the last 2 years on our family group WhatsApp.  It is lovely to see how she has changed over her short time here.  I hope my niece is going to this every year.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Same here...bought March 2015...24000 on clock...hubby says " why change it...it's not run in yet ! " plus it's a diesel so no road tax

• Like 5

My car must be about the oldest here, at 18 years old with about 74000 miles on the clock.  Although it is old and the paintwork is beginning to peel and fade, it's sound mechanically and passed it's last two MOTs with just a minor problem or two. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Our tax is the same being Euro6 emissions but there are rumours of a Euro7.Don't know what that entails yet.All they done once at the garage was double the Adblu consumption to comply.Anyway it's mainly coaches,travel together railcard and London rail and bus freedom pass for us.Cheers,Brian.

We envy your transport system compared to ours , local buses are every blue moon.

Very rare you can get a direct train out of Sheffield to Southampton, messing about 

crossing London is not for us . . 

As for a P&O coach we would need a taxi to and from Woodhall services, which 

getting a taxi return from there works out a tad expensive 

The car can get us there and back to Southampton on one tank anyway.

Just checked mileage between MOT's and we had only done just over 2600 miles.

That included at least one trip down to the port.The car tax for our car is only £30 PA

So our future plans will be by car and always a park and stay hotel with transfers 

as this suits our needs at the moment .

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, kalos said:

We envy your transport system compared to ours , local buses are every blue moon.

Very rare you can get a direct train out of Sheffield to Southampton, messing about 

crossing London is not for us . . 

As for a P&O coach we would need a taxi to and from Woodhall services, which 

getting a taxi return from there works out a tad expensive 

The car can get us there and back to Southampton on one tank anyway.

Just checked mileage between MOT's and we had only done just over 2600 miles.

That included at least one trip down to the port.The car tax for our car is only £30 PA

So our future plans will be by car and always a park and stay hotel with transfers 

as this suits our needs at the moment .

My car is 2 years old.

Pauline's car is a Renault Clio in immaculate condition 21 years old with 60,000 miles on clock.

It spends most of the year in our garage.

Between 2022-2023 it did 500 miles but cost over £200 to get it's MOT.

Between 2023-2024 it did 375 miles and failed with corroded break pipes so still at garage.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Euro7 comes in for new cars from 1 July 2025.

https://www.cinch.co.uk/guides/ask-the-experts/euro-1-to-euro-7#

Hello from sunny Yorkshire, lovely day here, we met up with an old workmate and his wife for coffee and cake, we got kicked out as they close at two, so moved across the road to the pub where we sat out in lovely warm sun enjoying our drinks.

My car is nearly four years old, this is the longest I have ever kept a car but as we have only done 24000 miles it seems a shame to change. I am in the process of looking as we plan to move to our first automatic so a hybrid may be an option if the price is right.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, janny444 said:

Same here...bought March 2015...24000 on clock...hubby says " why change it...it's not run in yet ! " plus it's a diesel so no road tax

I suspect that will change at some point especially now EVs will start paying from April 2025. 

I used to drive a diesel when I drove 12,000 miles a year, but it worked out more expensive when I reduced annual mileage to 7,000, so switched to petrol, since January last year I drive a petrol hybrid which I average 62 mpg, longer journeys I am up in the mid 70s, my wife’s hybrid averages 77mpg. My last car averaged around 40 mpg, around 55 on a long journey, so fuel costs have dropped for us. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My great-niece is 2 years old today and my niece has just put a montage of photos and video clips of her over the last 2 years on our family group WhatsApp.  It is lovely to see how she has changed over her short time here.  I hope my niece is going to this every year.

Happy 2nd birthday to your great niece today.

Screenshot_20240809_181956.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1