P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Nice morning in sunny West Yorkshire. We had a drive to J32 for breakfast and a mooch round before the crowds arrived which they were doing before we left, haven't people got anything better to do😁.

A lovely couple decided to enjoy breakfast at a local restaurant, where the "Seniors' Special" offered two eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast—all for just £4.99. 🍳🥓🍞
"Sounds perfect," the wife said, "but I don't want the eggs."
The waiter, with a serious tone, replied, "In that case, I'll have to charge you £5.49 because you're ordering a la carte."
The wife, surprised, asked, "So, I'd have to pay more for not getting the eggs?"
"YES!" the waiter confirmed.
With a sly smile, the wife decided, "Alright, I'll take the special."
"Great! How would you like your eggs?" the waiter asked.
"Raw and in the shell," she replied with a grin. 😏
She took those two eggs home and baked a cake! 🎂
Moral of the story: Don't mess with seniors—they've got experience on their side!  We've been around the block more than once!

This reminds me of an incident many many years ago. My sister in law is a veggie (now vegan)  and we went into a cafe in town with a very limited menu, there wasn't anything in particular for veggies  so she asked if she could just have chips and beans. The waiter said no sorry its sausage, chips and beans. She offered to pay for sausage chips and beans but just leave the sausage off. She was still refused so we left. For the sake of 2 sausages they lost 4 covers.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

This reminds me of an incident many many years ago. My sister in law is a veggie (now vegan)  and we went into a cafe in town with a very limited menu, there wasn't anything in particular for veggies  so she asked if she could just have chips and beans. The waiter said no sorry its sausage, chips and beans. She offered to pay for sausage chips and beans but just leave the sausage off. She was still refused so we left. For the sake of 2 sausages they lost 4 covers.

Spam, spam, spam, beans egg and spam springs to mind. 

• Haha 9

35 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Spam, spam, spam, beans egg and spam springs to mind. 

Gets worse,it's crypto only mate 🙃 By the way anyone tried the vegan coleslaw yet?

Tastes great on a corned beef sarnie 😉

• Haha 5

Anyone know what to do with your suitcases on Aurora if they won't fit under the bed?  I've currently got two on my balcony but I don't think I can leave them there permanently. The steward has shrugged his shoulders and said nothing he can do.

The beds are extremely low, even my small hard suitcase has been a struggle.

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

Anyone know what to do with your suitcases on Aurora if they won't fit under the bed?  I've currently got two on my balcony but I don't think I can leave them there permanently. The steward has shrugged his shoulders and said nothing he can do.

Have you tried putting them under the bed in the open position? That could reduce the depth by half.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

We ended up putting one of ours under the sofa, OH had to lift it but then they went under. Only works if it’s not a sofa bed (and you can lift it of course).

That said the cabin steward should actually be able to find a home for it. They did it for my sisters massive baggage on Aurora in April this year. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

The steward has shrugged his shoulders and said nothing he can do.

Ask for head of house keeping, bet they will find storage for you . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Have you tried putting them under the bed in the open position? That could reduce the depth by half.

No, but that's my next trick!  I've just taken all my shoes and long dresses out of the wardrobe to accommodate one of them. My shoes now live in the small case I managed to get under the bed.  My large pink one is looking very forlorn out on the balcony.  

This has been the longest unpack in history.

29 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Lift the bed, there not to heavy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

No, but that's my next trick!  I've just taken all my shoes and long dresses out of the wardrobe to accommodate one of them. My shoes now live in the small case I managed to get under the bed.  My large pink one is looking very forlorn out on the balcony.  

This has been the longest unpack in history.

Our two largish cases went under the bed open.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Try with case lid open. 

• Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Just woke and had my tea, feeling unusually cheerful.  Which is nice, but tends to provoke the gods in punishing me later in the day with a minor disaster.  So will walk extra carefully hoping not to trip any more.

Now the Bank Holiday is over we may have a bit of nice weather, around here anyway.  I hope everyone else is feeling all right, and will have a good day.

• Like 10

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today and all had a nice Bank Holiday weekend.

There was a music festival on in St Annes all weekend, we went yesterday and it was brilliant, all free too so even better!! 

Its coffee morning with the girls this morning for me then unfortunately it looks like an appointment with the ironing board this afternoon.

It looks miserable outside today and rain is forecast all day. It feels like Autumn, even the central heating has come on this morning.

Michelle

• Like 9

Morning. A cloudy one here today, rain forecast for later today

Volunteering this morning, preparing some archaeological collections to be relocated to another museum.

This afternoon doing t some preparations for our upcoming trip to France plus arranging for someone to water plants whilst away. 

• Like 7

Morning all.good day yesterday.Walking back from the gym I saw an "offcut" of plywood in a skip of a house being refurbished.I thought great that will do to cut up and cross brace the inside of our shed.The builder was there and said no worries just take it.When I lifted it I realised how big it was,with another 3/4 of a mile to the tube,I thought I'll get the bus.It was full of shoppers coming back from Lakeside.I got some funny looks and remarks but made it back home via the tube.Luckily the bus driver was quite easy going,lol.IMG_20240827_074341018.thumb.jpg.75b3750e07463fe615ea4b19eddfde24.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

9 minutes ago, brian1 said:

One bloke said"blimey I thought that was a coffin lid mate".

That’s what it looked like to me on first glance. I thought you were planning ahead! Practical DIY indeed.

• Haha 11

8 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I thought just the same.  Good on you for your initiative though 👍

Luckily the builder was there on a BH.The skip would probably have been taken away today.

• Like 1