P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Hope your dog operation goes well and she’s on her feet running around soon 🐕

Thank you, I have to ring at 2.30, hopefully all will be fine. She will be feeling extremely sorry for herself 

Michelle 

• Like 3

Decided whilst the sun was out to try a little walk to get some fresh air and 

boy was that wind fresh, my jaw feels frozen with that wind from the north

blowing down our way.  Could end up with wind/sun burn all in one go :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eddie11 said:

It’s unanimous Jane - A&E for you!

Best wishes for poochie’s paw 🐾.  You’ll feel happier when you get the phone call to say it’s done

I will feel happier then, got to ring 2.30

Michelle

24 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope you're alright this morning Gill, and the aches aren't too bad. I have to admit as I get older I seem to trip over anything and nothing. Luckily when we're out Frank and I hold hands, so he always yanks me upright and saves me the embarrassment of hitting the deck

Avril

Thank you Avril. My personal padding served me well and despite being sore am absolutely fine when walking about. I am so, so lucky.
I am just hoping Jane has not done any serious damage to herself.

• Like 3

Feeling much better this morning the side effects of 2nd jab have worn off, not fatigued or aching limbs, my neck is now the only issue. 

So far today we have had 2 heavy hailstorms and looks like another is on its way as some very dark clouds in the distance. 

• Like 2

Thanks to you all so much for your care and good advice - and it was good advice.  I have hairline fractures in the tibia and the radius, my neck is in a collar but soft tissue injury only to the neck -  a whiplash type injury where I must have thrown my head back at the point of impact.  The medics were slightly concerned about the faint and feelings of nausea but really think it was the shock of the fall and pain afterwards.  I just feel very tearful today so I'm sure the shock is coming out.  It will all heal within the next 6-8 weeks and in the meanwhile I've got my own doctors here who will take care of me.

I can't even make a joke of this today - too weepy!  Thanks again everyone, so much, and take care.  Jane. xxxx

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks to you all so much for your care and good advice - and it was good advice.  I have hairline fractures in the tibia and the radius, my neck is in a collar but soft tissue injury only to the neck -  a whiplash type injury where I must have thrown my head back at the point of impact.  The medics were slightly concerned about the faint and feelings of nausea but really think it was the shock of the fall and pain afterwards.  I just feel very tearful today so I'm sure the shock is coming out.  It will all heal within the next 6-8 weeks and in the meanwhile I've got my own doctors here who will take care of me.

I can't even make a joke of this today - too weepy!  Thanks again everyone, so much, and take care.  Jane. xxxx

Oh my goodness Jane..... you did a thorough job when you fell.

So pleased you got yourself checked out.

I think the shock has now kicked in so no wonder you are feeling weepy. Take care and sending virtual hugs to you. 
Gill x

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Oh Jane, you really went for it! I’m not surprised you feel weepy, I would too. Take good care and rest well xx

• Like 1

Oh Jane.  Have a good old weep - make it a howl if you feel like it.  We’ve all got plenty to feel down about so it’s not surprising that additional shock and trauma has broken the seal on your stiff upper lip.  (((hug)))

Let it out, get it out of your system.  Tomorrow is another day

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I think the shock has now kicked in so no wonder you are feeling weepy. Take care and sending virtual hugs to you. 
Gill x

Thanks for the hug Gills - sending some back.  Take care.  Jane.x  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh Jane, you really went for it! I’m not surprised you feel weepy, I would too. Take good care and rest well xx

At home now Sue.  Having a good cry - feel better already.  Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Oh no poor you! Good job you went to A&E.

I hope you get lots of rest so you can recuperate. Take care of yourself xx

8 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Gill x

Meant to say Gill, my friend is looking after the dog for a couple of nights so at least I can have a rest without having to walk him.  Much as I love him, I can't be out walking at the moment!  Jane.x

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh Jane.  Have a good old weep - make it a howl if you feel like it.  We’ve all got plenty to feel down about so it’s not surprising that additional shock and trauma has broken the seal on your stiff upper lip.  (((hug)))

Let it out, get it out of your system.  Tomorrow is another day

Thanks so much Eddie.  Even a virtual hug sets me off again!  Take care.  Jane.x

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

Oh no poor you! Good job you went to A&E.

I hope you get lots of rest so you can recuperate. Take care of yourself xx

Thanks Sarah.  I know - I wasn't going to bother as I didn't fancy the wait in A&E -  but they were great as ever and I was seen quickly (after I flashed my NHS Card). Best wishes.  Jane.x

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Nurses and doctors are the worst for taking advice!!!!

Take care, you get fit for your cruise otherwise the girls may lynch you!!!😜😁

Thanks Jane.  That will be the first question they ask when I tell them what I've done!!!  Jane.x

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

The Canaries cruise is the January one on Iona and the Ventura one is Spain and Portugal. been to all the ports several times so might not even get off the ship 😉

Will you be posting reviews photos etc? We are in iona and interested to see what she’s like

57 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hope you mend soon.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Meant to say Gill, my friend is looking after the dog for a couple of nights so at least I can have a rest without having to walk him.  Much as I love him, I can't be out walking at the moment!  Jane.x

Good idea not to have to worry about walking the dog.......But they instinctively know when we are poorly and I’m sure he will be gentle with you when he returns fully charged after his mini holiday.......x 🐶

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wowzz said:

Ah, as of today, I know that any road with street lights (not motorways) has a speed limit of 30mph, unless there are signs to the contrary.

I was just a naïve young gas fitter trying to get to my next job.Got caught out a few times,lol.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Sorry to hear about your injuries Jane, put your feet up and enjoy (hopefully) some sunshine for the next 6-8 weeks while you heal.
Take care 

Michelle