P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

But that would mean using Ocado again, and it’s not an experience I’d choose to repeat.

Ocado were our reserve online delivery during lockdown if we couldn’t get a Tesco slot, which was rare, but never had a problem with them,  driver was always on time and polite. 

Been one of those days when things don’t go right. 

Firstly went out to greenhouse this morning noticed a couple of my Cosmos plants had been stripped of leave by a foraging snail or two,, must have been a snail as most of the slugs had gone to the pub and drowned in beer. Anyway been on a hunt and “disposed” of a number of potential culprits, they end up being composted in my Dalek compost bin. Additional slug pubs deployed, as well as slug pellets. 

Then had a letter inviting me to book an appointment with musculoskeletal team in respect of my neck and shoulder problems after being referred to them by my GP Practice physio, only to find I am getting an appointment with the hospital physio on the telephone in 4 weeks, no doubt will be a repeat of my GP Practice physio telephone appointment, have emailed my GP to see if this is what was meant, as pain can be debilitating sometimes. 

Thirdly the power kept tripping this morning, the culprit was the iron, water was coming out of where it shouldn’t, so purchased a replacement  from Curry’s via click and collect and their drive thru option, all very efficient, something I never thought I would say about Curry’s, we now have a nice new red and black Bosch Iron.

• Like 2

I have   a conundrum... its a mystery ...After my  accident I got walking quite well, against the odds but my mobility is slowly declining as post traumatic arthritis is creeping in.

Today we went to lunch and planned baguettes and a lager and lime but we liked the menu and landed up with three courses and I had two glasses of wine!

When we got home, without thinking I walked, (with my stick) got some washing in and walked back.  I couldn't believe I was almost pain free.  It was odd.. a bit like the old days'

Do you think I ought to have half a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc every lunchtime!!!!!!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I have   a conundrum... its a mystery ...After my  accident I got walking quite well, against the odds but my mobility is slowly declining as post traumatic arthritis is creeping in.

Today we went to lunch and planned baguettes and a lager and lime but we liked the menu and landed up with three courses and I had two glasses of wine!

When we got home, without thinking I walked, (with my stick) got some washing in and walked back.  I couldn't believe I was almost pain free.  It was odd.. a bit like the old days'

Do you think I ought to have half a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc every lunchtime!!!!!!!

How wonderful. Sounds like the Sauvignon did the trick!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Image result for Wine and Old People Cartoon. Size: 62 x 100. Source: www.toonpool.comimage.jpeg.54e535090ef378c5fb0b7f66655baa10.jpeg

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 3

Good morning, hope you are all well this morning:classic_smile: Fancy that meeting Stacey Solomon

in a chippy . When you asked her "I'd like salt & vinegar on my chips" she would burst into 

song ..🎶 You are not Alone 🎶:classic_unsure: We have had a couple of chippy's that went under the

name of The Cod Father. One of them has now closed , he was having money troubles ,

I suppose he was stuck between a Rock and a hard Plaice really .:classic_wink:

Off out this morning  to renew two tyres on the car this morning , just short of £100 a tyre:classic_ohmy:

Everything  seems so expensive these days . I remember not so long ago I went to our local

garage to check the tyres but the air line machine would not take my 20p, it just kept spitting

it back out, another motorist saw what I was doing and shouted " You need to put in 50p ,

it's 50p now mate ":classic_ohmy:  I guess that's the price we pay for inflation these days :classic_unsure:

Have a nice day and stay safe :classic_love:

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, indiana123 said:

That’s a nice conundrum to have , think you have found a secret formula 😉, you might have to test it out a few times just to make sure 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emam said:

Thanks, it looks nice, might have to visit there one day. Probably when hubby has a week off work. 

The Premier Inn is attached to the restaurant.

If you come off the A1M at the A690 Durham turn off and head towards Durham take the first slip road and it is about 1 mile on the left.

The food and drink is always nice there and reasonably priced plus there is a pleasant patio and grassed area with tables for sitting outside.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If you come off the A1M at the A690 Durham turn off and head towards Durham take the first slip road and it is about 1 mile on the left.

The food and drink is always nice there and reasonably priced plus there is a pleasant patio and grassed area with tables for sitting outside.

We have been before but a long time ago. We would go along the A690 to get there or through Moorsley. My siblings have just been talking about meeting up, It might be a good place. In the middle for two of us and next to the A1 for the other to head north. Cheers.

44 minutes ago, emam said:

We have been before but a long time ago. We would go along the A690 to get there or through Moorsley. My siblings have just been talking about meeting up, It might be a good place. In the middle for two of us and next to the A1 for the other to head north. Cheers.

We have been there several times and actually stayed in the Premier Inn a few years ago on New year's Eve.

I have just submitted a TripAdvisor review which should show in a couple of days.

Graham.

• Like 1

We have been out most of the day.

We took a picnic to the beach then had a walk along the promenade.

We went up to the garden centre about 2 miles away then called for some ice creams from McDonald's drive through and came back to a different spot in our local beach car park to eat them.

Hope everyone has had a nice day.

Graham.

162334564721897177312618204811.jpg

• Like 7

We are both double jabbed now so all relaxed 🙂 

Loads of people said that the 2nd jab hurt but I was ok today so bragging to everyone !

Just hoping that I get the symptoms I got last time ------------- the best night's sleep ever and a very relaxed weekend as I had no energy to do anything !

Today did make me realise again what an amazing job the volunteers have done and continue to do. People owe them a great debt.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, indiana123 said:

Short answer - yes! 😊

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It looked a lovely patio area for a meal Graham.

Your front garden is enormous! And immaculate, lovely!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

We are both double jabbed now so all relaxed 🙂 

Loads of people said that the 2nd jab hurt but I was ok today so bragging to everyone !

Just hoping that I get the symptoms I got last time ------------- the best night's sleep ever and a very relaxed weekend as I had no energy to do anything !

Today did make me realise again what an amazing job the volunteers have done and continue to do. People owe them a great debt.

Pauline said she hardly slept last night but only had a minor pain at the vaccine site.

She was quite poorly after her first jab.

At bedtime I gave her a paracetamol and one of my 75mg low dose aspirin to allay her blood clot worry with AZ vaccine.

Edited by grapau27

Evening all, thanks for the lovely comments about the cake, I think perhaps she should consider a little business! She made one for one of her colleagues recently and just charged the price of the ingredients. You’ll be pleased to know our little grandson helped stir the mixture!

I’m going out for a meal tomorrow night with three friends, heady stuff eating out in the evening. We met while having a Saturday job in Sainsbury’s when our kids were small and I left there in 2002! Old friends and we always have a good laugh.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline said she hardly slept last night but only had a minor pain at the vaccine site.

She was quite poorly after her first jab.

At bedtime I gave her a paracetamol and one of my 75mg low dose aspirin to allay her blood clot worry with AZ vaccine.

We've both been ok sort of. Just tired so am keeping fingers and toes crossed and praying for a good day tomorrow too . Hope you are both OK now too. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Figures for past week in my LA have shown an increase in cases up from 59 new cases last week to 89 this week, predominately the Delta Variant, a number of the cases from last week and this centre on a “wet only” pub in the borough, which the LA have named, would appear they may not have been following the rules, as was closed for a deep clean and all those who visited the pub are asked to get a PCR test. 

Currently only 1 person in hospital with Covid and another week without any deaths, so hopefully hospitalisation rates don’t increase in the coming week.

To date 69% of population of the borough have had one vaccine dose with 55% having received both doses, with a very high take up in the over 60s. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1