P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, had a very busy weekend preparing for and then hosting a garden lunch  for my mum. All went well I’m pleased to say and Joshua (grandson) kept us entertained and on our toes!

Absolutely whacked when they left but a happy tired. Now I’m thinking only day after tomorrow and I’ll be picking Joshua up again on the bus! 
Son’s partner made a fabulous chocolate and strawberry cake too 😊

7BF50EA7-F536-477B-AA42-2D5074F70440.jpeg

That cake looks delicious.

Pleased you all had a great time.

• Like 2

Good morning hope everyone's happy :classic_smile:

Reading through the posts and was impressed with the photo of that cake, the lady

who made that has got a real talent going on there. Purdey's new avatar looks good

as well ,did she draw it herself from memory :classic_unsure: I have seen drawings like that on TV.

They said if you see this person ,do not go near them and inform the police straight away !

I love it , it's a very nice avatar :classic_love:  Things are  still getting better and things are opening up

again ,I was reading that Guns and Roses are playing at Tottenham Hotspurs new stadium .

I wonder if they they will win ? :classic_rolleyes: It will be nice to see concerts and theatre's working  again .

That reminds me of one of my favourite jokes :classic_smile:.......

A man lays sprawled across three entire seats at a posh theatre.

Before the show has even started, an usher walks by and notices the man.
“Sir, you're only allowed one seat, can you please sit up?"

The man groans, but stays where he is. The usher becoming impatient with the man says

"Sir, if you don't get up, I will need to get my manager involved"

Again the man just groans, which infuriates the usher as he marches off to get the manager.

In a few moments he returns with the manager and they both repeatedly attempt to move him,

but with no success. It was at this point that the manager calls the police.
Moments later, a police officer arrives and approaches the man, ......

"alright Sir, what's your name?"

"Sam" the man moans.

"And where are you  from Sam?"

With pain in his voice Sam replied "the balcony":classic_ohmy:

animated-have-a-nice-day-image-0001.gif.6f32ebee57b2e528cb40a84e69621566.gifand stay safe  guys :classic_love:

• Like 11
  • Haha 7

Good Morning Everyone

A quick post before work. To everyone who was kind enough to ask about Teddy, and wish him better soon, he thanks you all very much. So, he is much brighter today and obviously in a lot less pain. We went for his first post-op check yesterday and the vet was very pleased with his progress. The wound (7cm) is healing well and is no longer covered - open to the air. As for the cone.....gone. I bought a soft collar at the vet practice which he hates marginal less than the cone, and his super-soft collar I ordered from Amazon ( thanks again Eddie) is coming today. Second post-op is on Friday.

It was very warm in London yesterday and is looking to be the same today. I hope you all have a safe and happy day today. Don't forget the sun cream! Best wishes to you all. Jane and Teddy. Xx

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

A quick post before work. To everyone who was kind enough to ask about Teddy, and wish him better soon, he thanks you all very much. So, he is much brighter today and obviously in a lot less pain. We went for his first post-op check yesterday and the vet was very pleased with his progress. The wound (7cm) is healing well and is no longer covered - open to the air. As for the cone.....gone. I bought a soft collar at the vet practice which he hates marginal less than the cone, and his super-soft collar I ordered from Amazon ( thanks again Eddie) is coming today. Second post-op is on Friday.

It was very warm in London yesterday and is looking to be the same today. I hope you all have a safe and happy day today. Don't forget the sun cream! Best wishes to you all. Jane and Teddy. Xx

Glad he is feeling better, they are so special to us.

It has been warm here too, a local vet has posted they have had two dogs this week die from heatstroke

Michelle

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Glad he is feeling better, they are so special to us.

It has been warm here too, a local vet has posted they have had two dogs this week die from heatstroke

Michelle

Oh that's so sad Michelle.  I do hope they weren't left in cars.  Thanks for your good wishes.  Jane.x

It is currently 22°C in our back garden.

Pauline is working from home and I have been sorting paperwork and phoning customers.

We have just had a late lunch and I have stopped in the garden to sunbathe for an hour or so.

I hope you all are having a great day 

Graham.

IMG_20210608_145654.jpg

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is currently 22°C in our back garden.

Pauline is working from home and I have been sorting paperwork and phoning customers.

We have just had a late lunch and I have stopped in the garden to sunbathe for an hour or so.

I hope you all are having a great day 

Graham.

IMG_20210608_145654.jpg

Richard is working form home and I am sat in the garden. Just had an ice cream break now is he is back st his workstation until 5.

Michelle

• Like 4

It’s a lovely day here too.  We’ve been to Weymouth.  Still 5 cruise ships in the bay - I didn’t try to identify them.  We bussed in and got off early, so had about an hour’s  walk in to the harbour.  Lovely.  

Beaches were pretty uncrowded, tho’ there were plenty of people making the most of the wide sand on the central beach.

Eateries were busy, tho’ I must say that some haven’t reopened yet - there’s still last minute sprucing going on.

Our hostelry of choice was quiet when we went in (as in “in to the courtyard” not inside) but there wasn’t a spare table by the time we had enjoyed our crab sandwich/fish finger sandwich.  (Too many chips - I’d rather a handful of crisps but at least they can say no-one leaves hungry)

Weather appears set fair for at least a week.  Hurrah!  Wednesday walk tomorrow, which is a circular one from a country pub.  Guess where we’re lunching tomorrow 🙂

E7638208-8EF4-45E9-B417-81AD818D5259.thumb.jpeg.5e31619bb1526ce9fb4b0c47d1eb8d63.jpeg

078472E9-FC2A-487E-8E2B-CA26880EAF3D.thumb.jpeg.84ceaa313121d07615bd6f2609a1edf2.jpeg

72E6AAEE-88BE-4744-A3A5-2183FD0C3F9B.thumb.jpeg.3da36f59466254df78d6b57f98182314.jpeg

A61B040E-8514-481A-A5F6-C0421AC41A97.thumb.jpeg.7ce7dbaab7893d35cb6ac3dde759815a.jpeg

• Like 11

Sitting under brolly after a late lunch, around 23C should have been a hive of activity here today with roofers coming to replace facia and guttering, should have been last week, but materials shortages caused a postponement, for the second time, today’s postponement is the 3rd, hopefully the missing items will appear with them tomorrow, fingers crossed for revised date of Friday. They have kept us and other customers informed, but materials shortages are a serious problem now they tell me, scheduling  & rescheduling work is a full time job for their admin person. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

We're sitting in the middle of a building site at the moment. We decided to spend some of our cancelled cruise fund on a new bathroom. It seemed a good idea at the time😬. The mess and plaster dust spreads everywhere no matter how hard you try to contain it. The tiler will be finished on Thursday, so not much longer now🤞 and then the decorating begins🥴

Do you ever wish you'd never started something?

Avril

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We're sitting in the middle of a building site at the moment. We decided to spend some of our cancelled cruise fund on a new bathroom. It seemed a good idea at the time😬. The mess and plaster dust spreads everywhere no matter how hard you try to contain it. The tiler will be finished on Thursday, so not much longer now🤞 and then the decorating begins🥴

Avril

We had our bathroom and cloakroom done in 2019. It took 3 and a half weeks and it was an endurance test……but it was great when it was finished.

• Like 3

Yes

Hang on in there Avril.  It’ll be over soon and it will be so lovely for you

I forgot to say

SUE - That Cake! - Wow!  And I haven’t even got a sweet tooth

Good news about Teddy.  I’m glad he’s improving

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I can relate to the mess. Last year we used some of our cruise fund knocking through from bedroom to wet room rather than having to go through hallway. What a mess!! Also had wood floor in bedroom, ramp to door, had an extra window made in orangery. It’s all worth it though in the end despite the dust and mess 

Michelle 

• Like 3

Thank you Kalos, my son who’s 41 drawed it for me to cheer me up one day and sent it in a text and I’ve only just found out how to change my details and add photos.

Went to Southampton yesterday to pick a few things up , it wasn’t too busy and people still keeping their distance and bonus was I saw Britannia in the dock , not long now and il be on her , been printing the E tickets and luggage labels and car parking passes  today and getting my insurance policies in order and high lighted the important areas so only to pack now , annoying thing is my first insurance company goodtogo said in the beginning I wasn’t covered with them (annual) policy so I took out another policy with international health travel, and because of what a few people mentioned on here about goodtogo I phoned them up again and I was misinformed the first time and they will issue me a endorsement letter raising my £1000 to £2 million so now I have two policies to cover us , let’s hope they are good enough 🥴.I also have cover for 10 million etc .

Glad everyone’s doggies are all doing fine and Freddie is healing good .

Sue glad your party went ok and that cake was something else 😛 well I would of loved to have a slice of that .

Eddie love the pictures of Weymouth I do miss it , childhood holidays there every year loved seeing the sandman sculptures every year and throwing my pennies in the tub to make the bell ring 😊 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Sitting under brolly after a late lunch, around 23C should have been a hive of activity here today with roofers coming to replace facia and guttering, should have been last week, but materials shortages caused a postponement, for the second time, today’s postponement is the 3rd, hopefully the missing items will appear with them tomorrow, fingers crossed for revised date of Friday. They have kept us and other customers informed, but materials shortages are a serious problem now they tell me, scheduling  & rescheduling work is a full time job for their admin person. 

Sorry it’s been delayed again for you and hope it all done soon .

Avril I’m sure it will all be worth it when it finished and looking lovely, you’ve put your cruise money to good use 🚽🛀🚿🙂

5 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s a lovely day here too.  We’ve been to Weymouth.  Still 5 cruise ships in the bay - I didn’t try to identify them.  We bussed in and got off early, so had about an hour’s  walk in to the harbour.  Lovely.  

Beaches were pretty uncrowded, tho’ there were plenty of people making the most of the wide sand on the central beach.

Eateries were busy, tho’ I must say that some haven’t reopened yet - there’s still last minute sprucing going on.

Our hostelry of choice was quiet when we went in (as in “in to the courtyard” not inside) but there wasn’t a spare table by the time we had enjoyed our crab sandwich/fish finger sandwich.  (Too many chips - I’d rather a handful of crisps but at least they can say no-one leaves hungry)

Weather appears set fair for at least a week.  Hurrah!  Wednesday walk tomorrow, which is a circular one from a country pub.  Guess where we’re lunching tomorrow 🙂

E7638208-8EF4-45E9-B417-81AD818D5259.thumb.jpeg.5e31619bb1526ce9fb4b0c47d1eb8d63.jpeg

078472E9-FC2A-487E-8E2B-CA26880EAF3D.thumb.jpeg.84ceaa313121d07615bd6f2609a1edf2.jpeg

72E6AAEE-88BE-4744-A3A5-2183FD0C3F9B.thumb.jpeg.3da36f59466254df78d6b57f98182314.jpeg

A61B040E-8514-481A-A5F6-C0421AC41A97.thumb.jpeg.7ce7dbaab7893d35cb6ac3dde759815a.jpeg

Looks like you had a lovely day out.Save some sunshine for when we visit Weymouth in September! 🙂 

That’s lovely Graham

Do you look after it all or do you get someone in?  What about when you are (were) on a cruise?

Wednesday walk today.  Looking forward to an amble and a ramble and a gossip with the group.  Pub lunch after

kalos is late on parade this morning, so here’s one I just found

A man stopped me in the High Street yesterday and asked if I knew where he could get a wig

I said not off the top of my head

Have a good day.  Enjoy the weather

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Off for a stroll along front at Cleethorpes today,  finishing, hopefully, with a pint at the world's smallest pub, followed by a fish and chip lunch, booked for 13:25 precisely!

In a radical move, we have transferred our fish and chip allegiance from Papa's to Steel's Corner House ! 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It has been a lovely day and we have had no rain for several days so we had to get the hosepipe out again.

This is our front garden.

IMG_20210608_185013.jpg

Good morning everyone ,hope your all good today:classic_smile:

You've got the garden looking great there Graham  but must point out you have a strange

looking person hiding in your bushes :classic_wink: Our garden would never look like that as I know

I have not got  the Thyme to put into it . We have a gardening service who comes and cuts 

our hedges and Mrs Kalos likes to cut the grass herself . We like to sit out in the shade and 

watch the birds that come and feed on our lawn area . I'm thinking of scattering some 

cement powder on it and we too will have an impeccable lawn :classic_unsure: Our next door neighbour

was in his garden leant over his lawnmower  crying his eyes out but I just left him to it ,

I think he was just going through a rough patch :classic_wink: Have I ever told you about the two

women who are talking over a garden fence? It went a bit like this .....:classic_smile:

I was sorry to hear about your husband dying in the garden. Whatever happened?
Well, he was bent over pulling up a cabbage for our dinner and he had a massive heart attack.
Oh dear, sorry to hear that, what did you do?
Well there was nothing else I could do. I had to open a tin of peas.:classic_biggrin:

Hope you all have a great day ,take care and stay safe !:classic_love:

• Like 9
  • Haha 6