P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Yes thanks. All ok here. Freddie was at the groomers too yesterday but only for his monthly bath and beard trim.

Have a look on Amazon for the Leucillan- it is really worth having some.

Had 2nd viewing last week and potential buyer made too low an offer and I’ve given her the weekend to decide whether to up it. If no  more money I’ll sadly have to withdraw from the sale of my bungalow.
Gill x

Oh I hope you don't have to do that Gill. Fingers crossed she'll up her offer on Monday. Glad you and Fred are both OK and Fred must be very sweet-smelling today!

I will definitely have a look on Amazon for Leucillan. Thanks again. Jane.x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All and Happy Saturday.

I haven't posted much this week as I didn’t  have much to contribute that wouldn't bore; but I've been reading and laughing at some of the goings on (Wowzz).

Bit of late Friday evening drama for me. When I picked my little dog after work last night from his carer I walked into a very bloody scene. Teddy's carer, who is also a groomer, had been giving him his Summer cut and nicked his skin with the blade. It's on the inside of his back right leg near his bits and pieces -  well bit, actually, because his pieces were removed by the vet when he was a pup - and oh boy was he bleeding. The carer was in floods of tears, I was shaking with worry about him, and he was - well, just bleeding.

Long story short, I bandaged him up, dried her tears, and took him home for lots of fuss and treats with a view to a vet visit. Fortunately it looked worse than it was and won't need stitches. I'll keep an eye on the wound for any signs of infection but hopefully it will just heal. Poor Teddy. He's very sorry for himself this morning but can just about manage some early morning toast.

I wish you all a happy, healthy, warm and safe weekend. Best wishes dear friends. Jane.xx

Sorry to hear about Teddy bleeding but hopefully after all your caring he will be fine.

Your posts are never boring plus our daily lives during lockdown and what things are like where we are is the theme of the thread and anyone who suggests our daily activities are boring should really keep those opinions to themselves.

I hope you have a lovely weekend Jane and Teddy is fine.

It is 14°C and sunny here this morning.

Take care everyone.

Graham x.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

That pizza oven sounds fabulous Purdey!

We don’t have a BBQ never been a big fan of burgers but we’re having a birthday lunch in our garden on Sunday for my mum with my son, his fiancée and our grandson. We’re doing salads and quiches etc. Weather looks good so fingers crossed.

Happy birthday wishes to your dear mam Sue.

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone is OK and poor Teddy is felling better 

after his partaking in the  reenactment of the chain saw Massacre movie .

That reminds me ,do you know that squirrel's swim on their  back's  ?  It helps to 

keep their nuts dry :classic_unsure: Nothing worse than soggy acorns when out foraging .

Some of your BBQ'S sound lovely and a lot better than some I've been to but 

one we went to was an 80s fancy dress BBQ party .Mrs Kalos didn’t want me to

go dressed as a pop star. But I was adamant.:classic_wacko: The part no one likes is when 

the foods ready and your host says "Help your self guys " I hate that bit .Turning

off your Zoom camera is like getting food from a buffet at a party isn't it ?
You want to do it, but you don't want to be the first, and you definitely don't want

to be the only one. Funny though we never seem to have that problem when offered

another drink do we :classic_smile: Have a great weekend and stay safe guy's :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Poor little thing, must have been a shock! I’m sure you’ll be an excellent nurse for him 😊

Did you see my post about a week ago Jane? My son has got his first jab finally, a month short of his 31st birthday! He was so pleased. They really raced through the 30’s!

My 31 year old son is booked in for early next week, the last of our children to get their first dose, his fiancée has been double vaccinated since March as she is a care worker, he works from home, but sometimes needs to go to sites, so was concerned he might pick it up. 

I have yet to come across anyone in our circle of friends and family who wouldn’t have the vaccine, I know a former work colleague is trying with some success to to get her Asian family members and friends vaccinated, there is a lot of misinformation about in her community about the vaccines and what they contain. 

• Like 5

Morning all, 

Not posted much recently as been very but still reading with interest. 

Just wanted to wish you all a very happy weekend, the sun is out down here, let's hope it stays. 

I could do with Pauline's help as my task today is cleaning the patio and path😊

Have a great day, whatever you do. 

Andy & Michelle xx

Ps.... Love to Teddy, hope his 'bit' gets better soon.. 😊

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday wishes to your dear mam Sue.

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned.

Thanks Graham, her actual birthday is Tuesday and I was just going to ask her and Dad for dinner but son got in first and volunteered our garden! Would have loved to invite my sister and husband up but that would make too many people if we had to go indoors.

Just seeing the weather may be not so sunny now tomorrow 😡 In fact it’s still dull this morning.

• Like 1

A milestone day for us today as our last son has left home.

He got a job based in Southampton last September but has worked from home until now. He hasn't got to move down and could continue working from home but even though born and bred up here in Cheshire he is ready to move to his second home of Southampton. 36 years after I moved North from there to work up here he is doing the reverse and moving back down. He is renting a flat by Ocean Village and is only 10 minute walk from his (our) beloved St Marys Stadium, for our sins (he already has ordered a season ticket for next season!).

By chance we are driving down tomorrow to stay for a week in Dorset so we will be popping in to see him anyway. So now we have a 4 bedroom house with just 2 of us in it!

• Like 8

P and O Sue - thanks for your comment the other day - a nice young man (6' 5") came yesterday, and did all he could but said basically our phone wiring etc. is very out of date, and struggling to cope (a bit like me).  The computer is running off a phone extension, which is not ideal, and I keep getting internet 'dropping off', i.e .loss of connection, remedied by switching off router and then on again.  Annoying and time consuming, but at least I am not trying to work from home on it.  My main fear was that it would stop working altogether, and being pretty housebound we need it to order our grocery deliveries.  Will be phoned on Monday by my BT help man, Hugh, to discuss if anything can be done.  It is all a complete mystery to me; I did say I was computer dopy.

Anyway, enough about me, as they say.  I was sorry to read about the poor little injured dog; hope he can be sorted out soon.  And - no news yet about the anniversary dinner at The Pig, which  I would love to read about.

A lovely day here so far, and the GP qualy to look forward to - as well as my first lunch out in 18 months, next Saturday!  Probably fish and chips  and a glass of Sauv. Blanc.

It is great to read all your doings, even the banal everyday stuff, now that most of us cannot have the little chats with neighbours and fellow shoppers easily.

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

A milestone day for us today as our last son has left home.

He got a job based in Southampton last September but has worked from home until now. He hasn't got to move down and could continue working from home but even though born and bred up here in Cheshire he is ready to move to his second home of Southampton. 36 years after I moved North from there to work up here he is doing the reverse and moving back down. He is renting a flat by Ocean Village and is only 10 minute walk from his (our) beloved St Marys Stadium, for our sins (he already has ordered a season ticket for next season!).

By chance we are driving down tomorrow to stay for a week in Dorset so we will be popping in to see him anyway. So now we have a 4 bedroom house with just 2 of us in it!

Enjoy the space... 

He has a good spot, 10 minute walk from everywhere.. 

The sun is shining here today, heres hoping it stays like this for your Dorset trip. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Another stunning day here in Wales. In case anybody is interested / curious or even indifferent, the other day Presto and Mr Presto spent a good couple of hours with us on our decking, drinking tea, eating cake and P&O biscuits (Amazon sell them in case you were thinking that they must have passed their sell by date). Lots of reminiscing about cruises past and looking forward to when we can cruise again.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Enjoy the space... 

He has a good spot, 10 minute walk from everywhere.. 

The sun is shining here today, heres hoping it stays like this for your Dorset trip. 

Andy 

That area of the city was run down when I was a nipper but now is full of desirable apartments and more are being built up the banks of the Itchen. He can see a P&O ship (Iona?) in Ocean Terminal from his flat. His office when it reopens either fully or flexibly is on Town Quay so only a 10 min walk away, my first office overlooked Southampton Water but was in Hythe. Love being by the sea, I miss it but will be getting my fix this week in Dorset.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Another stunning day here in Wales. In case anybody is interested / curious or even indifferent, the other day Presto and Mr Presto spent a good couple of hours with us on our decking, drinking tea, eating cake and P&O biscuits (Amazon sell them in case you were thinking that they must have passed their sell by date). Lots of reminiscing about cruises past and looking forward to when we can cruise again.

That’s really good to hear, Pete. Nice to be able to make real contact with a fellow member instead of just online chat.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

P and O Sue - thanks for your comment the other day - a nice young man (6' 5") came yesterday, and did all he could but said basically our phone wiring etc. is very out of date, and struggling to cope (a bit like me).  The computer is running off a phone extension, which is not ideal, and I keep getting internet 'dropping off', i.e .loss of connection, remedied by switching off router and then on again.  Annoying and time consuming, but at least I am not trying to work from home on it.  My main fear was that it would stop working altogether, and being pretty housebound we need it to order our grocery deliveries.  Will be phoned on Monday by my BT help man, Hugh, to discuss if anything can be done.  It is all a complete mystery to me; I did say I was computer dopy.

Anyway, enough about me, as they say.  I was sorry to read about the poor little injured dog; hope he can be sorted out soon.  And - no news yet about the anniversary dinner at The Pig, which  I would love to read about.

A lovely day here so far, and the GP qualy to look forward to - as well as my first lunch out in 18 months, next Saturday!  Probably fish and chips  and a glass of Sauv. Blanc.

It is great to read all your doings, even the banal everyday stuff, now that most of us cannot have the little chats with neighbours and fellow shoppers easily.

We had similar problem until we had a new cable ran into the house by BT.

Our internal wiring was well out of date, we did have to buy new phones with one base station.

On 6/4/2021 at 4:44 PM, Harry Peterson said:

Test result today, Ann - no antibodies, unfortunately.  Full shielding continues until some other form of vaccine is developed.  This one hasn't had any effect at all, it seems.

Harry

So sorry to read this Harry - take care and may they find something that it more effective for you very soon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Hello Pete, Mrs Pete, Mr Pete Junior and of course the lovely Charlie!

It was lovely to spend 2 / 3 hours chatting and catching up on cruises past and present ! 

(It was also good to discover that Pete is a softie after all and has been looking after a family of moorhens near to where he lives and not the local heron!)

It would be good one day when things get back to normal if as many of us could meet up at some point.

Take care everyone and have a lovely weekend.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

That’s really good to hear, Pete. Nice to be able to make real contact with a fellow member instead of just online chat.

That's what we thought, but it does help if the CC member is really nice and good company - as are Mr Pete and family of course.

Have to say, have been caught out on one roll call and spent a cruise ducking behind sun loungers and in to and out of shops when one couple came in to sight. Then again, they may have been doing the same to us 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

That's what we thought, but it does help if the CC member is really nice and good company - as are Mr Pete and family of course.

Have to say, have been caught out on one roll call and spent a cruise ducking behind sun loungers and in to and out of shops when one couple came in to sight. Then again, they may have been doing the same to us 😉

The feeling is of course mutual. 

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

The feeling is of course mutual. 

If we notice you and Charlie avoiding our area when walking we will know what that means 😉 🙂 😀😃🙂

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The perfect end to a beautiful day.  My arms and legs are a similar colour to tonight's sky after spending the afternoon on the bowling greenIMG_20210605_212710_676.thumb.jpg.0d73a7fa38afd6c0c8e4a659830c709c.jpg

Stunning night sky picture.

Hope your legs and arms are not too sore with the sunburn.

• Like 1