P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good moaning all, its cold again, 7oC when we went to Junction 32 this morning, it isn't much warmer now. It is forecast to warm up next week so it will probably rain.

We are off to Wales tomorrow to stay with friends so looking forward to that. 

Have a good weekend peeps and for all those cruising have a good one.

• Like 8

We went to pick up the new car this morning, a Mazda, the 4th one that we have owned, though anything would be better than the Yaris which was a self charging hybrid which I didn't really trust especially after it cut out and lit up every light inside and out and told me to go to a dealership. DH sorted the problem out himself with the aid of Mr Google when the dealership said that they couldn't look at it for 3 days.

I don't know whether we were just unlucky but I didn't trust it enough to go anywhere that wasn't within a couple of miles from home in case I got stranded and had to wait for the AA to come out.

• Like 9

Lucky you Graham.  The north seems to be enjoying better weather than the south at present.  It’s really cold (for the time of year) here and we have a very wet forecast for tomorrow 

My son is in Sunderland visiting a friend at the moment, so it’s nice that he has a bit of sun

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m awake early (for me) this morning, it’s 4c clear and sunny, listening to Tony Blackburn Sounds of the Sixties. DW is out today with her mum to a nurses reunion, MIL is 90 soon and was a nurse all of her working life, so a quiet day for me staying at home sport watching.

Yesterday we finally had our new dishwasher fitted which for various reasons has taken 4 months to arrange (let down by plumber, month long holiday and apathy). I also batch cooked a chilli con carne yesterday which did 8 portions, 2 for tea and 3 x 2 portions into the freezer.

750g of beef mince, 2 onions, 8 cloves of garlic, 2 cans of chopped tomatoes and kidney beans, a can of lentils, some water and flavoured with chilli flakes, cumin, smoked paprika, marjoram and 2 beef stock cubes.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I’m awake early (for me) this morning, it’s 4c clear and sunny, listening to Tony Blackburn Sounds of the Sixties. DW is out today with her mum to a nurses reunion, MIL is 90 soon and was a nurse all of her working life, so a quiet day for me staying at home sport watching.

Yesterday we finally had our new dishwasher fitted which for various reasons has taken 4 months to arrange (let down by plumber, month long holiday and apathy). I also batch cooked a chilli con carne yesterday which did 8 portions, 2 for tea and 3 x 2 portions into the freezer.

750g of beef mince, 2 onions, 8 cloves of garlic, 2 cans of chopped tomatoes and kidney beans, a can of lentils, some water and flavoured with chilli flakes, cumin, smoked paprika, marjoram and 2 beef stock cubes.

We're lazy,we use Sainsbury own brand packet mix.Having said that it is rocket fuel and the best I have tasted.Some of the family think it's too hot.

• Like 5

IRRITATED and it is raining. I ordered some M&S clothes online, they never seem to have my size in stock in the store. I selected yesterday for collection at the store because they don't send the confirmatory email until the late afternoon. NO EMAIL so far and this has never happened before. Meanwhile Amazon are reminding me to collect a parcel from their lockers in Hemstead valley.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, davecttr said:

IRRITATED and it is raining. I ordered some M&S clothes online, they never seem to have my size in stock in the store. I selected yesterday for collection at the store because they don't send the confirmatory email until the late afternoon. NO EMAIL so far and this has never happened before. Meanwhile Amazon are reminding me to collect a parcel from their lockers in Hemstead valley.

With 2 cruises booked this year I thought I'd look in M&S for a velvet dress jacket.A bit dissapointed with the present range.Went into Next,wow, the range there was impressive.The quality is good and 20% cheaper than M&S.I've now got a green velvet jacket.Looking for black trousers once I've lost a few more lbs to get back to my fighting weight,lol.

• Like 10

Good morning everyone it’s wet outside and cloudy but I think the rain has stopped until 5 this evening. I think I have finished my rushing around for daughter her knee is making a good recovery and swelling gone down and all the bedrooms and house is ready for the in-laws coming to stay for a while so it’s back to normal for me now .

Still no suitcase arrival in Glasgow but maybe today for them.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

With 2 cruises booked this year I thought I'd look in M&S for a velvet dress jacket.A bit dissapointed with the present range.Went into Next,wow, the range there was impressive.The quality is good and 20% cheaper than M&S.I've now got a green velvet jacket.Looking for black trousers once I've lost a few more lbs to get back to my fighting weight,lol.

That’s where I brought my husband’s last year and the same colour you have brought, it’s a lovely colour and a change from normal black and I have a all in one jumpsuit that is the same colour, and they are very good quality and comfortable for him , jacket that is 😁.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Chilli sounds great but I always put in diced red and/or green pepper and a small amount of chocolate powder (drinking chocolate) to give it a more shiny appearance. 

• Like 1

Morning everyone,

I've given up with our weather forecasts. Yesterday was supposed to be rain all day, but apart from a bit of light rain in the morning and then one heavy shower in the afternoon it was then sunny. Again today is rain but it's just overcast. Although the forecasters seem to think the country stops at Exeter, Plymouth if we're lucky! Our best bet is to look out of the windows and guess what it's going to do😬

Got an appointment up at the surgery later for a covid jab, but otherwise nothing planned.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

• Like 8

A cold but dry morning here at the moment but I am expecting it to rain from 2:00 to 5:30 to coincide with our bowling match because we have had it cold and wet for most of the games that we have already played this season.

My waterproofs are definitely getting plentry of use. .

🌧️🌧️

• Like 8

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

We're lazy,we use Sainsbury own brand packet mix.Having said that it is rocket fuel and the best I have tasted.Some of the family think it's too hot.

They do 2 versions Brian, one normal and one HOT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

They do 2 versions Brian, one normal and one HOT.

That's true TJ, we get the hot one.Good option,no other supermarket does that AFAIK.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone it’s wet outside and cloudy but I think the rain has stopped until 5 this evening. I think I have finished my rushing around for daughter her knee is making a good recovery and swelling gone down and all the bedrooms and house is ready for the in-laws coming to stay for a while so it’s back to normal for me now .

Still no suitcase arrival in Glasgow but maybe today for them.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Years ago we managed to get an earlier flight from LA to Honolulu.Guess what,we arrived 3 hrs earlier than expected but our luggage was still on the later flight.After wasting 2 hrs at the airport we woke up in our hotel the next morning with our bags delivered overnight.Good service though,not really their fault with us asking for an earlier flight at the last minute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

One of us has one of the most embarrassing food intolerances going. (The other offers moral support!)

It's so rare that most people have never heard of this. It only affects about half of one 1000th% of the UK population. Some folk who're blissfully unaware of it just carry on with it and accept (sometimes even celebrate) the symptoms. 

We normally successfully negotiate restaurant menus with no bother. Our local Chinese makes our meals without the "Devil's Kiss" (as we've taken to calling this one specific ingredient). Our local Indian and Thai restaurants helpfully do the same.

There are times at the beginning of meals in other restaurants when there is the now ubiquitous "allergy check"...  that servers (especially younger ones) when they hear what we would like to avoid, have to exercise extremely strong will and even stronger facial muscles to stem their burning desire to burst out in explosive  laugher. 

Sometimes restaurants go a bit OTT and our meal has been delayed while cutlery, crockery and glasses have been sterilised (before we've used them that is!) 

No wonder they call some of these ingredients by so awesomely terrifying names... Komodo Dragon, Scorpion, Brain Strain, Ghost Dragon's Breath, the Carolina Reaper and the worst of the worst... "X"! (As in Xterminate?) These last two Frankenstein cooking ingredients were conceived, developed and created by a chilli farmer called... Ed Currie. X produces a burning sensation followed by several hours of involuntary incapacity.

Ed Currie created the chilli that made the hottest curry in the known universe! It makes a new take on what came first... the Currie/curry or the chilli.

Best wishes to all especially the half of one 1000th% of the UK population... You're not alone!

• Like 6

Morning ,it was a nice sunny 19.c looking out of the window this morning

but on other side of window it was a cool 4.c🙃

CC was showing unavailable try later on this PC this morning and only 

when checking it out on my phone did I realise it was running ok .

So gave the old PC a good clean out and all is OK again .

Same as Brian I like shopping in Next . The last time in there I asked the nice

shop lady could I try a suit on in the shop window i'd been looking at ?

I think next time I will use one of their changing rooms 😉

Have a good day 🙂

• Haha 15

Been up to the surgery and been jabbed.

Very well organised, join the queue, in through the fire door, directed to next available dr for jab, and out. Back home again in about 20 minutes, despite having to reverse along the road below ours at it was blocked. Now sitting down with a coffee.

• Like 10