P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

There is a McDonald's,Greggs,Burger king and Starbucks close to each other and I'm not particularly loyal to any of them.

Why is it that the managers of these places always put the employee with the 

worst accent on the intercom for your orders ?

The guys who pass you the food once you get to the window just knowingly 

smile at you and say "Sorry about the weight "  So I suppose they try to warn 

you before you drive off.

They can be scary places late at night . I once parked up to eat my meal and 

to my horror  saw dead people walking around my car 😮

I've never ordered "Medium " fries  since 🙃

Have good day everyone .🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Sound like our house....Don't wear that if you plan taking it. Haven't you got any old stuff..you told me to have a clear out... but...don't argue....yes dear...I found my Slash 2009 tour T shirt....your not wearing that are you.....🤐

Pauline sorts my clothes when cruising and I put on what she gets out for me.

I can't get wrong this way 😏😂

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Sound like our house....Don't wear that if you plan taking it. Haven't you got any old stuff..you told me to have a clear out... but...don't argue....yes dear...I found my Slash 2009 tour T shirt....your not wearing that are you.....🤐

Take a tip from the ladies zap......... Use it as an excuse to buy more clothes, but ssh🤫don't tell anyone I told you, it'll just be our little secret.😉

Have a lovely cruise.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

The charity van has just taken away 2 big bags of clothes that we put out that were too small now.

I blame all the Speciality food restaurants on Iona for all the Extra weight I put on.😋🤣

IMG_20240405_183131.jpg

IMG_20240405_190658.jpg

IMG_20240403_183120.jpg

• Like 14

Very wise Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

There's a wonderful air of excitement on here today so @zap99, @AndyMichelle, @Ilovemygarden, I hope you all have fabulous cruises, have now got all coats, socks, and undercrackers sorted and packed, and can just look forward to having a great time. Bon voyage. Jane xxx

It's a bit worrying Jane... 

I have visions of Zap walking around Woking in JUST his Slash tour T shirt🚶😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Any me undercrackers.🤣

Predictive just went into meltdown.

• Haha 8

That's the way it works here too so that DH doesn't pack his favourite gardening clothes instead of his dinner jacket 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

You are a very wise man, Graham…..🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I hope it's a very long one😲

Avril

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

There's a wonderful air of excitement on here today so @zap99, @AndyMichelle, @Ilovemygarden, I hope you all have fabulous cruises, have now got all coats, socks, and undercrackers sorted and packed, and can just look forward to having a great time. Bon voyage. Jane xxx

Jane, from the jocular nature of your recent post I take it that your are feeling much better, with far less pain.

On a different topic I am Intered to know how your vaping trial is going, and whether you stil smoke free.

• Like 7

Four weeks until my Queen Anne naming cruise and I've just spent the morning delving through my posh evening clothes to find half of them are now too big after the health coach sessions I've been on.  Big dilemma is do I get them altered, search for some new ones or put them in for the inevitable expanding waistline once onboard.  The cost of alterations is eye watering from £35 for a seam taking in, I think that with some of the older ones I didn't pay much more than that when I bought them.

The good news is that my blood pressure is spot on, 14 kilos lost and BMI has dropped a range.  The bad news is it's going to be a big ouch on my pocket.

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Four weeks until my Queen Anne naming cruise and I've just spent the morning delving through my posh evening clothes to find half of them are now too big after the health coach sessions I've been on.  Big dilemma is do I get them altered, search for some new ones or put them in for the inevitable expanding waistline once onboard.  The cost of alterations is eye watering from £35 for a seam taking in, I think that with some of the older ones I didn't pay much more than that when I bought them.

The good news is that my blood pressure is spot on, 14 kilos lost and BMI has dropped a range.  The bad news is it's going to be a big ouch on my pocket.

Well done you!! That is true determination. Hope you have a lovely cruise

Michelle

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Take a tip from the ladies zap......... Use it as an excuse to buy more clothes, but ssh🤫don't tell anyone I told you, it'll just be our little secret.😉

Have a lovely cruise.

Avril

I accept that I just need to do as I'm told. We go into town on Friday DW is out to lunch with her friends this Friday,  so this week Friday is Thursday 🤔. Fat face had a early summer sale on....Do you like this coat?, reduced from £95 to £25. You can take it on the cruise.Be honest because I'm buying it for you anyway....   Yes dear.....thank you dear.

• Haha 14

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I accept that I just need to do as I'm told. We go into town on Friday DW is out to lunch with her friends this Friday,  so this week Friday is Thursday 🤔. Fat face had a early summer sale on....Do you like this coat?, reduced from £95 to £25. You can take it on the cruise.Be honest because I'm buying it for you anyway....   Yes dear.....thank you dear.

I like the coat, just stop calling me 'Fat Face'... 😂

• Haha 14

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Jane, from the jocular nature of your recent post I take it that your are feeling much better, with far less pain.

On a different topic I am Intered to know how your vaping trial is going, and whether you stil smoke free.

Hello John. Thank you for asking and yes I am feeling a lot better now. It's only 3 weeks since the fall so I'm quite chuffed that I feel this well. The pain is lessening every day.

When I got home from the hospital and got settled in, I felt really shocked, and more than anything, I wanted a cigarette. I had kept a "just in case" packet all the time I've been vaping (over a year) and I've never even come close to opening them until that night. I smoked about 10 during a very long night of not sleeping and have carried on smoking for the past 3 weeks I'm ashamed to say.

Now, I've got to start all over again. I know I can do it because I've proved that already but oh it feels like a mountain to climb! 

Jane xx

• Like 18

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Gonna rename this thread Carry on cruising,bro.

I've said many times that Avril reminds me of that wonderful actress in the Carry On films who played Sid's wife in Carry On Abroad. Answers below please 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hello John. Thank you for asking and yes I am feeling a lot better now. It's only 3 weeks since the fall so I'm quite chuffed that I feel this well. The pain is lessening every day.

When I got home from the hospital and got settled in, I felt really shocked, and more than anything, I wanted a cigarette. I had kept a "just in case" packet all the time I've been vaping (over a year) and I've never even come close to opening them until that night. I smoked about 10 during a very long night of not sleeping and have carried on smoking for the past 3 weeks I'm ashamed to say.

Now, I've got to start all over again. I know I can do it because I've proved that already but oh it feels like a mountain to climb! 

Jane xx

It is tough Jane.

I stopped smoking after several attempts when I was 21 years old.

The secret was my mind set.

I convinced myself I hated smoking and wrote down everything bad about smoking in case I ever wavered.

Shortness of breath.

Dying of cancer.

Dying younger if I didn't stop.

Clothes smelling of smoke.

Breath smelling of smoke.

Fingers yellow with nicotine stain.

Hands smelling of smoke.

Cost of cigarettes and what I could spend that money on.

I never wavered and it is over 46 years now since I stopped.

My doctor was anti smoking and my list and story I wrote down he used and it helped numerous people stop smoking.

Best wishes Jane and anyone else who smokes I hope this helps you stop smoking.

Graham xx

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I've said many times that Avril reminds me of that wonderful actress in the Carry On films who played Sid's wife in Carry On Abroad. Answers below please 😉

Was it Joan Sims?

• Like 2