P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I had a few issues on cc last night and this morning it went off when I was answering a question at 8am.

US posters on RCL and HAL forums have reported issues too.

I tried Pauline's phone at 10am which is the same make and model as mine and I got on cc straight away but I couldn't get on using my phone until 11am.

I had no problems with my Android on the Tesco network. Gail said I can't get on the cafe Nero WiFi.. I can.. Facebook isn't downloading pictures....mine is..her Lastest model iPhone isn't so brilliant after all. Packing done. Labels affixed.  Documents checked, again. Weather looking better. Pasta sauce bubbling away nicely.....we must have forgotten something.🤔

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I found  it strange that after my mum went blind she was entitled to 50% reduction on the tv licence even though  my dad was still living on the same house so I thought that he should pay for a full licence.  I also couldn't understand why a blind person would want to get a TV licence but as mum told me she still liked to listen to her favourite programs.

• Like 4

Well we went to see Hamilton and it is a brilliant show which I can highly recommend if you haven’t seen it yet. I love musicals and travel to Edinburgh to see any first runs that come up here.

Show tickets are becoming so expensive now though. Add to that the cost of everything in Edinburgh, as a small town yokel I can’t believe how much they charge there for anything and everything. I feel the same in Southampton as well though. I’m used to the £10 meal and £4.20 pint of Stella!

It’s been sunny again today so we enjoyed a long walk and did a bit of gardening. 

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I found  it strange that after my mum went blind she was entitled to 50% reduction on the tv licence even though  my dad was still living on the same house so I thought that he should pay for a full licence.  I also couldn't understand why a blind person would want to get a TV licence but as mum told me she still liked to listen to her favourite programs.

It also covers radio and podcasts which are brilliant for partially sighted and blind. 

• Like 3

On 4/25/2024 at 12:34 PM, Megabear2 said:

after the health coach sessions I've been on

Megabear, I  hope you don't mind me asking. but are these sessions by Zoom.

Also do you know the best way to check they are qualified.  I ask because a while ago I tried a new young Chiropodist.  She turned on the wheel thing, I smelt  burning

It turned out she had done a home course or night course, I can't remember which.  She told me her main job was Legal Secretary  this chiropody was only in her spare time!.

.ps we had our jabs today too.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, July morning said:

The wine ? For dinner 😂

DW said to pick a bottle of wine to go in the pasta. I'm allowed to finish up what's left......Malbec?. You normally use the cheap stuff for cooking. Sorry dear, my mistake 🤣

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Megabear, I  hope you don't mind me asking. but are these sessions by Zoom.

Also do you know the best way to check they are qualified.  I ask because a while ago I tried a new young Chiropodist.  She turned on the wheel thing, I smelt  burning

It turned out she had done a home course or night course, I can't remember which.  She told me her main job was Legal Secretary  this chiropody was only in her spare time!.

.ps we had our jabs today too.

The lady I currently see is contracted to Wiltshire Council and the course I have been following is actually provided by them as part of something called Healthy Wiltshire.  I was recommended to self refer by my GP surgery as I have struggled with weight issues since I had cancer a long time ago.  At that point I was on trial medication and my weight ballooned as a result - I was a very skinny size 10 at diagnosis and in four months went to a rather large size 20 whilst on the medication and after 5 years of that medication losing the weight is a never won battle to date.

My course is in three stages.  The first is a nutritionist who provides monthly plans, the second is a fitness coach and the third is the health coach.  It is a year course for free, although I do pay a subsidised rate for extra gym classes.  The first phase was 6 months which started in late October and consisted of the nutrition plan and exercise coach.  There were 6 weekly meetings to start (one to one) which went to fortnightly. That phase finished this month - I was a little behind due to being ill in January.  I am now on 6 weekly meetings which will after 4 sessions go to two three monthly meet ups and one final one six months later.  The health coach and exercise plan continues through the entire 12 months and now I'm past my commitment to attend a class, workout in the gym or swim twice a week the frequency is down to me. I swim three times a week by choice and add the odd session the gym or a class of some sort if I have time. At the end of October I can choose to continue at a cost of £25 per month which will cover the health coach once a month, the health club membership and the fitness coach.  I intend to continue as I find the support very helpful.

I had the choice of zoom or in person and chose the latter because I'm very lacking in control unless everything is regimented!

I understand quite a lot of councils used to offer this programme in conjunction with the NHS but unfortunately due to cost issues many no longer do.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Can anybody tell me when the Queen Anne arrives in Southampton please, I’m getting different days on the radio.

Tuesday 30th April. She's currently en route stopping in Gibraltar.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Megabear.🤣 

I did a reply and it disappeared into the ether.  The course sounds great.

Not worth looking round here for a course.  Even the pain clinic has an 18 month waiting list.  Only people in severe pain need the actual Pain Clinic so 18 months is far too long to wait.

I totally understand about the meds/weight gain. I am on  tablets and patches but one of them has made me balloon.  I have put on 10 kilos since last September.  The Drs. say the weight wont come off till I can stop them, but this has to be done slowly over time and no good stopping them when in pain.  It's a double edged sword because the meds put on weight but some of of the pain is made worse by weight bearing.

I had four procedures to my back and groin 2 weeks ago.  People keep asking me how its going but I am scared to say anything or it will all go wrong.

OH has booked us a short cruise in a few weeks.  The plan is that I will not over eat.  I will refuse all rolls and butter,,, I will have yoghurt and fruit for breakfast etc etc  but I know all that will fly out of the window as soon as I am on board.   That is one reason I could do with a course!

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 8

44 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Tuesday 30th April. She's currently en route stopping in Gibraltar.

Thank you megabear we intend to make a day of it shopping as well but we don’t know what time roughly she arrives, I remember waiting for Iona hours and cold .

27 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you megabear we intend to make a day of it shopping as well but we don’t know what time roughly she arrives, I remember waiting for Iona hours and cold .

I've booked on the Blue Funnel Ferry to join the flotilla and my boarding time is 12.15pm.

These are the estimated times from local paper:

• Ryde and Gosport: 12.45pm

• Lee-on-the-Solent: 1.10pm

• Cowes: 1.10pm

• Calshot: 1.20pm

• Hamble: 1.30pm

• Royal Victoria Country Park and Weston Shore: 2pm

• Hythe: 2.15pm

• Mayflower Park: 2.30pm

• Mayflower Cruise Terminal: 2.45pm0

• Like 4

Morning ,we are really getting our moneys worth with the rain and April showers. 

5.c which feels like 1.c at the moment .

I was thinking of taking the car up to the garage to check tyre pressures,

Thinking is about as far as I will get, going to have an easy Sunday instead.

Hope you all have a good day too-Take care 🙂

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well we went to see Hamilton and it is a brilliant show which I can highly recommend if you haven’t seen it yet. I love musicals and travel to Edinburgh to see any first runs that come up here.

Show tickets are becoming so expensive now though. Add to that the cost of everything in Edinburgh, as a small town yokel I can’t believe how much they charge there for anything and everything. I feel the same in Southampton as well though. I’m used to the £10 meal and £4.20 pint of Stella!

It’s been sunny again today so we enjoyed a long walk and did a bit of gardening. 

One of the main reasons I moved from Edinburgh after my husband died was the fact that you can buy a house in Glasgow and live well for so much less (and cruise as well of course)😀

• Like 12

13 hours ago, zap99 said:

I had no problems with my Android on the Tesco network. Gail said I can't get on the cafe Nero WiFi.. I can.. Facebook isn't downloading pictures....mine is..her Lastest model iPhone isn't so brilliant after all. Packing done. Labels affixed.  Documents checked, again. Weather looking better. Pasta sauce bubbling away nicely.....we must have forgotten something.🤔

Safe journey- I am currently at Carnock Richard Services. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning

It has been raining heavily here since about 8pm last night - it just hasn't stopped, and looks set until about 2pm today (according to the BBC anyway). 

Quite by accident I spent an evening with Neil Diamond last night. I was looking to see what was on the box and found it on BBC2 - and I thoroughly enjoyed some great music. What a lovely rich voice he has.

Well it's Arsenal v Spurs today then Forest v City so I'm all set for an afternoon of great football I hope.

Teddy has gone back to bed after being cruelly made to go out for his ablutions. If there was a prize for looks of recrimination he'd win it outright.

I hope you all have a good Sunday. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning

It has been raining heavily here since about 8pm last night - it just hasn't stopped, and looks set until about 2pm today (according to the BBC anyway). 

Quite by accident I spent an evening with Neil Diamond last night. I was looking to see what was on the box and found it on BBC2 - and I thoroughly enjoyed some great music. What a lovely rich voice he has.

Well it's Arsenal v Spurs today then Forest v City so I'm all set for an afternoon of great football I hope.

Teddy has gone back to bed after being cruelly made to go out for his ablutions. If there was a prize for looks of recrimination he'd win it outright.

I saw a little of the Neil Diamond at the BBC last night, but reverted to the snooker when it switched channels. I saw him at the O2 about 10 years ago and he was excellent.

Freddie happily goes out in the rain for ablutions and to check the perimeters of his property 🐶. It is somewhat of a nuisance at 3am tho.
I hope you are relaxing and taking care of yourself.

Gill x

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning

The very first time we went to Orlando Florida was in October 1992 on Britannia airways from Newcastle.

When we boarded the plane we were greeted with music

We are Going to America 

By Neil Diamond and it was an experience we always remember.

Graham xx

• Like 8

Morning all

Chilly here too, at 5°, but pretty much dry.  We had rain overnight, if it was real rain I heard and not just part of a dream.  We have an *artisanal market* around the place today.  Handy if you need to buy an artisanal, I guess?  They were setting up their stalls and gazebos as Hattie & I were walking an hour ago.  Looked like nice stuff, but seriously, it’s all *stuff* and we’re trying very hard not to fill our place with more and more stuff.  We’ll have a look round after our proper dog walk - maybe there will be tasty treats, which is a much more attractive proposition 

Have a lovely day all.  Bon voyage @zap99 and @IlovemygardenHope you have smooth seas and sunshine ☀️  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It’s 5C here feels like 1C and of course it’s raining again, has been midnight looking a security cameras. 

Doubt we will be going anywhere today we are not ones for wandering around shopping centres. 

My outdoor jobs are starting to mount up, but need dry weather for many of them, in the garage I have paint for the fence, clear stain for the decking, masonry paint for the walls of the garage and paint for the door Then there is a need for a skip for the pile of old wood, bricks etc behind the garage from various jobs done in last 6 months. 

I am hoping for a long dry warm spell in the next month.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I saw a little of the Neil Diamond at the BBC last night, but reverted to the snooker when it switched channels. I saw him at the O2 about 10 years ago and he was excellent.

Freddie happily goes out in the rain for ablutions and to check the perimeters of his property 🐶. It is somewhat of a nuisance at 3am tho.
I hope you are relaxing and taking care of yourself.

Gill x

Thank you Gill. Yes I've been relaxing interspersed with walks and really getting better. I'm very pleased that I've managed to build-up my walk time by a little bit every day. His Lordship is not so pleased however - he much preferred whenI was laid out on the settee. He is seriously lazy!

I saw Neil Diamond at Olympia about 15 years ago. I wasn't a huge fan but went with a friend who didn't have a plus one. As you say - excellent.

Have a good Sunday Gill and Freddie. Jane xx

• Like 7