P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Got to be a cameo part somewhere for the bloke who's probably Britain's least known plumber's assistant... before he took up acting... one of the few ever blokes to star in the same film as Benny Hill, Noel Coward, Irene Handl and John Le Mesurier...

Michael Cain has just got to be there somewhere! How about supervising explosives... blowing the doors off something?

Young bloke... as per request!

IMG_3970.thumb.jpeg.1a03278923b7968b97bde625f94701b3.jpeg

😄

Not a lot of people know that.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just had a long online chat with a young man at Direct Line car insurance.  When we picked the car up on Friday they gave us 4 days insurance to give us time to change our insurance over.  I  have been trying since yesterday to change the insurance on line but it kept insisting that the car model only had an automatic trasmission but it is manual.  The young man was able to override the system after he checked that Mazda do still produce a manual version of the car.  He did say that this happened more frequently since more people are buying automatics.

I saw this and thought of you Josy.

ScreenShot2024-04-27at15_24_31.png.15ffd9e7ca7e4920708b8d4fd6033c8b.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

Graham! (And Pauline) - Wow!  Yum yum!

The artisanal market was mostly *stuff*F5537811-FB07-4CBA-9EA5-8738B9C6177A.thumb.jpeg.0af906edff4a148bb05cf2f770c3ed39.jpeg (nice stuff) but some edibles.  We got orange chocolate brownies, which were very nice with vodka soaked poached cherries and crème fraîche 

Preceded by steak & chips with asparagus.  Might be time for just a few 💤 now, in front of the footie/cricket on the telly

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Not a lot of people know that.

... Michael Cain, an ex-plumber's mate, starred in 1969 wildly fun romp "The Italian Job" with Benny Hill and Noel Coward.

We remember the film encapsulated the atmosphere of exciting feeling of swinging sixties. And... perhaps the exuberance of England having won the World Cup not that long before. The Film was... and still is... funny, exciting, exhilarating and immensely uplifting. 

And what better thread to mention it than one where so many folk, at least in part, are attuned with the spirit of film's theme tune...

"This is the self-preservation Society!"

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.324e22850896a9d017fafd7493acf4fa.jpg

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

... Michael Cain, an ex-plumber's mate, starred in 1969 wildly fun romp "The Italian Job" with Benny Hill and Noel Coward.

We remember the film encapsulated the atmosphere of exciting feeling of swinging sixties. And... perhaps the exuberance of England having won the World Cup not that long before. The Film was... and still is... funny, exciting, exhilarating and immensely uplifting. 

And what better thread to mention it than one where so many folk, at least in part, are attuned with the spirit of film's theme tune...

"This is the self-preservation Society!"

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.324e22850896a9d017fafd7493acf4fa.jpg

I remember it well,especially the "cliffhanger" at the end.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

After church we went to Wynyard Hall gardens and had lunch in the café.

IMG_20240428_123342.jpg

That looks yummy Graham, I love treats like that. Our son got married at Wynyard Hall, a beautiful location for a wedding

Michelle

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today.

Its been a beautiful sunny day here, not a cloud in the sky, it’s about 11 degrees but there is a nip in the air still.

My mum has come round for tea, doing a roast dinner today with chocolate & banana cake and ice cream for pudding.

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend whatever you have been doing

Michelle

• Like 10

Wow. Traffic a bit slow getting to the terminal. We arrived a few minutes early. CPS took the car after about 10 mins. Straight up to the shed, Checked in and straight onto the ship probably 30 mins from arrival to boarding. We had a time of 13.30 the folk in front of us had 15.30. They were told to go away and come back later....what time shall we come back?....15.30🤣. Best boarding ever. Well done P&O.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Wow. Traffic a bit slow getting to the terminal. We arrived a few minutes early. CPS took the car after about 10 mins. Straight up to the shed, Checked in and straight onto the ship probably 30 mins from arrival to boarding. We had a time of 13.30 the folk in front of us had 15.30. They were told to go away and come back later....what time shall we come back?....15.30🤣. Best boarding ever. Well done P&O.

I hope you both have an amazing cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Arvia was due to depart at 17.30 but is still in port. Haven't seen why yet.

EDIT: Technical problem

Passengers 5278 just given so should be soon .

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Message for wine drinking Stokies, Whitebridge Wines are having their Spring wine tasting :

Thursday, 23rd May  5pm  – 9pm     £15 per ticket

Yes we noticed that one and are planning to go along. Must remind hubby to book the tickets. Perhaps some of us can meet up ?

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Yes we noticed that one and are planning to go along. Must remind hubby to book the tickets. Perhaps some of us can meet up ?

Could become a plan. 😊🥴

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

After church we went to Wynyard Hall gardens and had lunch in the café.

IMG_20240428_123342.jpg

That looks a wonderful lunch Graham and those cakes 😛😛😋

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I've booked on the Blue Funnel Ferry to join the flotilla and my boarding time is 12.15pm.

These are the estimated times from local paper:

• Ryde and Gosport: 12.45pm

• Lee-on-the-Solent: 1.10pm

• Cowes: 1.10pm

• Calshot: 1.20pm

• Hamble: 1.30pm

• Royal Victoria Country Park and Weston Shore: 2pm

• Hythe: 2.15pm

• Mayflower Park: 2.30pm

• Mayflower Cruise Terminal: 2.45pm0

Looks like we will be joining you megabear we booked our tickets today , I never knew they done things like this , so we’re having a day out in Southampton.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Presto2 said:

It would be a nice to meet up.  My sister and her husband are checking how it fits in with their work schedules so they may be going too.  I have already decided to give my bowling match a miss if no one else has already booked the evening off.

• Like 2

Good morning all looks like it’s going to be a nice day here sun is out a bit breezy but no rain, busy morning for me have to take the grandchildren to school as my daughter has hurt her back 2 different schools but near each other then rush back take the dog for a walk I’ll be worn out by 10.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Good morning all looks like it’s going to be a nice day here sun is out a bit breezy but no rain, busy morning for me have to take the grandchildren to school as my daughter has hurt her back 2 different schools but near each other then rush back take the dog for a walk I’ll be worn out by 10.

It’s your turn this week lindyloo I did my rescue last week.

• Like 5

Bright and sunny here as well ,lovely  weather for dog walking .

I owned a dog once which we bought off the local blacksmith .

Within 10 minutes of getting it home he made a bolt for the door 🙃

Have a great day folks .🙂

• Haha 13