P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Looks like they just added balconies and windows to a stack of containers, perhaps designed by AI. 😂

In collaboration with Lego.Don't worry me any more.I'm sure it's poshy la la and blingy inside.Par for the course now with design,same as cars all looking the same.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇.

Good luck to you all on May Day the first of the month.

8°C and sunny here at 07.30am.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

Mmmmm. Jury's out for me. Her backside looks a bit like a roll on roll off ferry. I'm a bit disappointed.

You have just described an ex girlfriend I used to know in my younger days .😉

Morning 😀 A misty start to the day 11.c but at least it's not raining .

Have a good day everyone 🙂

• Haha 14

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

MB if you check her stats theres not a great deal of difference between her and Ventura, she is quite a bit a longer than Ventura but a tad narrower, and her passenger and crew numbers are very similar. In fact she will carry far more passengers than the other 3 Queens.

Yes I'm aware of that but she is longer than the HAL ships for the reason they didn't want her to be too boxy like the other Pinnacle class ships.  She will carry 3,000 passengers in her "stretched" body.  Passenger to crew ratio is still superior to most lines.  Apparently the cabins are smaller as there's quite a lot of discussion about the Grills suites.  No doubt we shall be hearing a lot on Friday when the first passengers go onboard.  Apparently the maiden is extremely busy with Diamond Cunard club members bring told there's too many of them to have their free club lunch.

• Like 8

No rain here at present, we have got some sun🙂, although we still have rain in the forecast later on this morning. 

Meeting up with a couple of friends this morning for a cuppa, or two and a chat, but nothing else planned.

• Like 6

Good morning.

Not a particularly pleasant morning here at the moment. Misty, and 12c, (says the weather app), the garden thermometer says 5c which I believe, it's chilly out there just now. 

I didn't have such a good night's sleep, but it's my own fault. The weather yesterday was was so nice that I tried to catch up on the garden jobs and overdid it. The weather has been so erratic that I've tried to make the most of each good day in the garden that I can. I'm only thankful that I can still do it and tend to think I'm still 40+, but last night I realised I wasn't😁

I watched the videos of Queen Anne coming into Southampton last night. Now you know I'm not a fan of large ships but I liked the look of her. I thought she looked more elegant than Ventura, unless it was the angle i was seeing them at. I also think that Cunard's livery gives her a more 'classy' look too.

Well the paractamol are begining to work, so I'll lay the brekfast table and make myself a coffee.

The sun just starting to show it's face as type🌞, but no gardening for us today. A relaxing day in the garden with a good book.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you're up to, whether on land or sea.

Avril

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes I'm aware of that but she is longer than the HAL ships for the reason they didn't want her to be too boxy like the other Pinnacle class ships.  

Clearly that did not work!

• Like 2

I got up this morning thinking that it was 6.45 and Saturday, when I got downstairs I saw that it was 5.45 and then thought it was Thursday and then went on my iPad and saw that it was Wednesday 🤔

13c with light cloud and breeze here currently forecast to be up to 19c and no rain until this evening, dry and 21c tomorrow 🍾🥂👏

I’m planning to go for a long walk today and a gardening day tomorrow, depending on how the snooker is going😊

• Like 9

Morning all, unlike Lincslady I had a rotten night! My mind wouldn’t stop so I didn’t fall asleep until gone 2am 😖

Busy day here though, luckily I’m working from home today. It’s John’s day off today so as soon as I finish at 1pm we’re nipping to an outlet centre for a quick lunch and hopefully cruise clothes shopping! Then off to visit my mum THEN I’m eating out at 6pm with my old Bank friends, 5 years ago today we were made redundant!

Re Queen Ann , there is an event today for vloggers and they’re staying overnight so there should be lots of videos out soon!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes I'm aware of that but she is longer than the HAL ships for the reason they didn't want her to be too boxy like the other Pinnacle class ships.  She will carry 3,000 passengers in her "stretched" body.  Passenger to crew ratio is still superior to most lines.  Apparently the cabins are smaller as there's quite a lot of discussion about the Grills suites.  No doubt we shall be hearing a lot on Friday when the first passengers go onboard.  Apparently the maiden is extremely busy with Diamond Cunard club members bring told there's too many of them to have their free club lunch.

The exterior design and colour scheme is much more pleasing than Arvia and Iona IMO. Hopefully she’s as classy inside as she looks outside, too many other cruise lines have gone down the shopping mall look inside.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Clearly that did not work!

Having seen all three in the flesh I'd say definitely better than HAL to look at, though seriously is any modern cruise ship anything other than a wedge of boxes? Compared with the Prima class or the Virgin ladies the QA and HAL ships look like throwbacks to a different era!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though and I personally think for a modern off plan ship she could have been far worse.  The Cunard hull in dark blue with red and white offers classier exteriors. QA looks the part which is important, as I say the real story will be her interiors which from the odd photos released do look very good. 

Moving away from tradition though I must confess to absolutely loving the pale blue of the Oasis class RCI ships.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

The exterior design and colour scheme is much more pleasing than Arvia and Iona IMO. Hopefully she’s as classy inside as she looks outside, too many other cruise lines have gone down the shopping mall look inside.

One of the most important exterior design features, at least to us, is a real promenade deck like Aurora or Arcadia. 

Avril

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Having seen all three in the flesh I'd say definitely better than HAL to look at, though seriously is any modern cruise ship anything other than a wedge of boxes? Compared with the Prima class or the Virgin ladies the QA and HAL ships look like throwbacks to a different era!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though and I personally think for a modern off plan ship she could have been far worse.  The Cunard hull in dark blue with red and white offers classier exteriors. QA looks the part which is important, as I say the real story will be her interiors which from the odd photos released do look very good. 

Moving away from tradition though I must confess to absolutely loving the pale blue of the Oasis class RCI ships.

Ones bum does look bigger in dark blue.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We called at Wynyard Hall gardens for lunch today.

I have added a photo of Wynyard Hall for Michelle @Peanut006

IMG_20240501_115809.jpg

IMG_20240501_124338.jpg

Thank you Graham, that brings back good memories. They are all  coming to visit us this weekend so looking forward to that

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Well this is a day of mixed blessings! Beautiful sunny morning, 8.30 dentist appointment told everything is perfect and a bill of £26.20 for a quick clean up.  Email received from Cunard telling me I've got an upgrade on Queen Anne which was a surprise so all was right in my world. Then an hour ago the sky went dark, huge clap of thunder and rain started. Now I've had a local update email telling us we have a yellow weather warning and to expect torrential rain and thunderstorms overnight.  

I'm travelling to Newmarket tomorrow so rain is not welcome particularly as we need drying weather for Dutch Decoy on Saturday.  Also just found out I'm going to have to drive as the train journey home would require SEVEN, yes really seven, changes into buses and various disrupted trains ...

So much for life being good, I should have guessed!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Well this is a day of mixed blessings! Beautiful sunny morning, 8.30 dentist appointment told everything is perfect and a bill of £26.20 for a quick clean up.  Email received from Cunard telling me I've got an upgrade on Queen Anne which was a surprise so all was right in my world. Then an hour ago the sky went dark, huge clap of thunder and rain started. Now I've had a local update email telling us we have a yellow weather warning and to expect torrential rain and thunderstorms overnight.  

I'm travelling to Newmarket tomorrow so rain is not welcome particularly as we need drying weather for Dutch Decoy on Saturday.  Also just found out I'm going to have to drive as the train journey home would require SEVEN, yes really seven, changes into buses and various disrupted trains ...

So much for life being good, I should have guessed!

BBC weather is showing only a low chance of light rain showers for Newmarket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A sleepless night again. 

We have had beautiful weather the last few days and looking out at the garden the solar lights are lit up like the Blackpool illuminations because of all the sunshine. 

Bed stripped washed and dried out on the lines, makes such a nice fresh scent when they are dry (lavender and rosemary planted round the drying green). I was “green” before it became a thing, (that or mean/prudent) as I have always tried to dry clothes and bedding outdoors whenever possible. 

Hope you all have a good day in a few hours at a more civilised time to wake up.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Awake all night with the thunder and lightning accompanied by torrential rain, they really weren't exaggerating!  At one point the storm was directly overhead and the flashes were literally seconds apart.  

Today the long drive to Newmarket for the next three days.  I'm just hoping the roads are okay and not too congested, the joys of the M3, M25 and M11 await!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Warning of thunderstorms today… but meantime log in issues for last couple of days.💦💦🥲🌂🌂

hope all are well.

Oh dear, looks like I'm bringing it with me as I go east then!

• Like 4

Morning all, my busy day yesterday meant I slept much better, unfortunately John’s alarm was a rude awakening at 4.30am! If he’s awake he’ll turn it off but he was fast asleep today. I’ve been dozing since then.

Yesterday was lovely, today it’s rainy again! At the outlet centre I was very pleased to get a new dress for my cruise and took this picture below. 

Had a fun filled evening with my friends last night.

IMG_0672.jpeg

• Like 9