P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Looks like the wraparound bridge has 4 floors above it.Never seen that b4,correct me if I'm wrong.

It looks a wee bit like Norwegion Epic, which looks very top heavy, and ready for a Poseidon incident.

• Haha 1

Queen Anne is apparently (I looked it up I'm not a ship nerd!!) a Pinnacle class ship only Holland America has the 2 other ships of the class so far.

I like the look of it, I always think that the colour scheme of Cunard ships is more attractive and traditional than some other cruise lines.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Queen Anne is apparently (I looked it up I'm not a ship nerd!!) a Pinnacle class ship only Holland America has the 2 other ships of the class so far.

I like the look of it, I always think that the colour scheme of Cunard ships is more attractive and traditional than some other cruise lines.

It does look like a Holland America ship!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Never judge a book or ship for that matter by it's cover as they say .

We like the look of her but doubt we will ever see artistes dangling from the roof 

or water slides aboard her  . We would not say no to a jaunt on her .

• Like 11

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Nope, rather angular and looks a bit like a container freighter.

Looks like they just added balconies and windows to a stack of containers, perhaps designed by AI. 😂

• Haha 1

I was just reading our MP's monthly newsletter and was amazed to see that we now have a bus service from our area.  I may give it a try the next time I need to go into the city centre rather than take the car.

I can no longer winge that I have a bus pass but no bus. 🤣

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Mmmmm. Jury's out for me. Her backside looks a bit like a roll on roll off ferry. I'm a bit disappointed.

She's lovely.  Actually looks like a Cunard ship, the jury is out until I see inside her on the 24th but so far I'm pleased. She's actually smaller than Ventura which is a step.in the right direction after Arvia and Iona.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

She's lovely.  Actually looks like a Cunard ship, the jury is out until I see inside her on the 24th but so far I'm pleased. She's actually smaller than Ventura which is a step.in the right direction after Arvia and Iona.

I agree megabear she’s not ugly at all and quite small to  Ventura when she passed, I enjoyed my day 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm glad you and @Purdey16 had an enjoyable day. Thanks both for posting the photos. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I agree megabear she’s not ugly at all and quite small to  Ventura when she passed, I enjoyed my day 

It was a great to be out there on the water. I thought the boat crew were excellent as well and made it really enjoyable.  I'm glad you enjoyed it as well.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

MB if you check her stats theres not a great deal of difference between her and Ventura, she is quite a bit a longer than Ventura but a tad narrower, and her passenger and crew numbers are very similar. In fact she will carry far more passengers than the other 3 Queens.

• Like 2

Good morning, everyone.  I hope you were as lucky as me, getting 7 hours of sleep.  It makes such a difference to your morning mood, doesn't it.  All the nicer because it is not the norm.

A bit misty here in the East Mids., but it is May and going to be reasonably warm later.

Have a good day, if at all possible!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1