P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are on Arvia from Sunday. The weather looks pretty dreadful. No bovvered. It will give us something to complain about when we get back.

That's the spirit   , plan ahead 🤣🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Our 48th wedding anniversary today

Many congratulations to you both and enjoy your celebratory meal together this evening.x🥂💐

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone,

Hope you're all well or on the road to recovery.

10c and overcast down here, but dry. We've been spoilt the last few days with sunshine😲 and it feeling warm.

Our 48th wedding anniversary today so going out for a meal this evening, but not sure where.

Enjoy your day, whatever you have planned.

Happy Anniversary to you both, have a lovely meal out tonight

Michelle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My disintigrated filling was fixed this morning. Cost £155 including a x-ray. There is a small infection at one of the wisdom tooth roots so best to have it extracted. The appointment is in a couple of weeks so i will practice blending my meals, not chops though.

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

We are on Arvia from Sunday. The weather looks pretty dreadful. No bovvered. It will give us something to complain about when we get back.

Yes so am I.   I checked the weather forecast too - might have to do some swapping around in the wardrobe department!   

• Like 6

It’s a minor heatwave here. We sat out and enjoyed the sun and some cheese & wine. Just come in from the garden and the house is hot from the solar gain.

Most unusual for here but hot, hot, hot!

• Like 10

We have been busy booking tickets for shows.

We are travelling down to Edinburgh to see Hamilton.

The Pitlochry Festival theatre for Foot Loose and Sense and Sensibility.

Dougie Maclean in Perth (my favourite singer by far).

Ben Elton for comedy

If anyone is heading north there are lots of really great shows available.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It’s a minor heatwave here. We sat out and enjoyed the sun and some cheese & wine. Just come in from the garden and the house is hot from the solar gain.

Most unusual for here but hot, hot, hot!

Can you keep it for the next month or so, please? 29 days and counting for my trip now!

We too have had a warm dry day. I've spent it in the garden and greenhouse planting up all my hanging bags and pots with the plants we grew over winter.  Now debating if it's safe to start putting some out after the weekend because we still have the whole place rammed with baby plants and over wintered geraniums. Decisions, decisions...

It was so nice to be out and sitting having a well earned cuppa and cake in the garden.

• Like 11

Back from a meal out and an evening at the theatre, saw Cluedo 2, very funny.

Next theatre trip is in July when we go to see Hamilton at Birmingham Hippodrome, we have had the tickets since last year.

Nothing then booked until October when we go to see Talon, a excellent Eagles Tribute act, could afford to the real Eagles in Manchester at well over £100 per ticket.

Next on agenda is a trip to London and trying to fit in a two week break in late August/early September probably a land based holiday either in Balearics or Canary Islands where we are looking at Villa holidays.

• Like 7

Just booked a TUI AI 11 day river cruise.Budapest to Frankfurt with Vienna and Bratislava on the way.My oh has never been to Germany even though we pass as close as 200 yards from it on our twice yearly drive.Most of the Rhine cruises are 7 days so we opted for the Danube/Main itinerary.Only our 2nd river cruise since the Nile 18 years ago.Off to Cambridge today for a 2 night break.

• Like 18

That all sounds good Brian - a real change from your Italian second home and very enjoyable

I’ve put a deposit on a 5 night trip on Britannia in 2026, using the FCC which somehow remained on my account 🤷‍♀️.  If anyone else has FCC (somehow I doubt it - this forum is full of very active cruisers), I noted that it needs to be committed by July 2027. Talk about Plan Ahead!

We did the annual bluebell walk yesterday.  Very enjoyable but we would have liked a little more sun, particularly for the pictures 

Have a lovely day everyone

836CDB3D-7947-4572-890F-7D31C119A9C1.thumb.jpeg.af1ceb3c7e36dedbd096faab9d0edfb9.jpeg

B3460934-0398-42BF-BCF9-FA897A78CD96.jpeg

• Like 16

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

The rain is pouring down here.

We called at the beach this morning with our coffee and snacks.

IMG_20240424_103547.jpg

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

The rain is pouring down here.

We called at the beach this morning with our coffee and snacks.

Are you taking full advantage of the current McDonalds offer of a sausage McMuffin and drink for £2.49?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone,

Hope you're all well or on the road to recovery.

10c and overcast down here, but dry. We've been spoilt the last few days with sunshine😲 and it feeling warm.

Our 48th wedding anniversary today so going out for a meal this evening, but not sure where.

Enjoy your day, whatever you have planned.

Congratulations, hope you had a lovely meal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Are you taking full advantage of the current McDonalds offer of a sausage McMuffin and drink for £2.49?

No.

I don't bother using their app.

There is a McDonald's,Greggs,Burger king and Starbucks close to each other and I'm not particularly loyal to any of them.

They are a short distance to the beach and convenient to get a snack to take to the beach.

• Like 11

15 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Yes so am I.   I checked the weather forecast too - might have to do some swapping around in the wardrobe department!   

Just take everything... 

That seems to be Michelle's plan

I haven't had any clean underwear for a week and the only socks left are Christmas ones... all packed. 😂🎄

Andy 

• Haha 15

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No.

I don't bother using their app.

There is a McDonald's,Greggs,Burger king and Starbucks close to each other and I'm not particularly loyal to any of them.

They are a short distance to the beach and convenient to get a snack to take to the beach.

I’m not loyal to any particular brand either. I’m pretty sure you don’t need to use the app though, and I’ll be looking to get the deal before catching the train for my next working trip to London in a week’s time. 

• Like 4

Thank you all for your wishes for yesterday. 

Overcast again here, and the sun was out earlier. It's dry though, which is a bonus as rain is forecast again for tomorrow.

Nothing exciting planned for today, just the normal chores.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 12

Another cool night. Only 5˚C and lightly overcast this morning but, according to the forecast, we can look forward to rain later. 

Virtually all of South London and Surrey within the M25 is on flood alert at the moment and has been for ages... we're on chalk here and there's been so much rain recently that the local water table is 100 m higher than normal... so it's emergent springs that's the potential problem... water naturally rising out of the ground under pressure... not exactly like an Icelandic geyser but it can be dramatic to see a 6' high fountain of water appearing out of a village green. 

We've a nearby stretch of road that often had water coming out of the drains and flooding down the hill until they built huge soak-a-ways to prevent flooding. No doubt that the powers-that-be have emergency plans in mind.

Not quite sure just how an ark would cope with our local Surrey woodpeckers though!

animated-noahs-ark-image-0007.jpg.f7682916e27575bb299a15395b2367c2.jpg

Best Wishes to all... especially those cruising, recovering from cruising or just dreaming of cruising!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

As I said to DW. I'm not taking a coat. I'm  not going to. No way....but I might.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just take everything... 

I haven't had any clean underwear for a week and the only socks left are Christmas ones... all packed. 😂🎄

Andy 

Sounds like you are ready for a cruise Andy & Michelle.

I hope you both have a fantastic cruise.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just take everything... 

Andy 

Sound like our house....Don't wear that if you plan taking it. Haven't you got any old stuff..you told me to have a clear out... but...don't argue....yes dear...I found my Slash 2009 tour T shirt....your not wearing that are you.....🤐

• Haha 13