P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

ssshh can I sneak in a little query about  somewhere else. No-one is replying  over there.

Someone on here said about their cruise on Ambience.  I have been her but  used the buffet for breakfast and lunch.  My query is, if we use the mdr for breakfast and lunch do we have to sit where they put us or can we ask to share or not share.  thanks

2 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

ssshh can I sneak in a little query about  somewhere else. No-one is replying  over there.

Someone on here said about their cruise on Ambience.  I have been her but  used the buffet for breakfast and lunch.  My query is, if we use the mdr for breakfast and lunch do we have to sit where they put us or can we ask to share or not share.  thanks

On the two cruises we had we had the option to share or not for breakfast and lunch in the mdr. You can request a table by the window if it is available in the area where the servers are working. Is this the info you need?

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

On the two cruises we had we had the option to share or not for breakfast and lunch in the mdr. You can request a table by the window if it is available in the area where the servers are working. Is this the info you need?

Yes, spot on thank you

• Like 1

Morning all.  London Marathon day, so it must be Spring!  It’s a lovely sunny day here, though that nightly wind is still around

All seems very calm round these parts.  
I have £93 in FCC (don’t ask me how - I don’t understand how the financial stuff from cancelled cruises was worked out). It’s not exactly burning a hole in my pocket, and my TA tells me it’ll stay on my account indefinitely, but I’m wondering if I should book something from the latest release?  I’ll look again today

• Like 5

Morning ,today is the London marathon .Last year I managed a very good time 

1 hour and ten minutes ,before switching TV channels for a place in the sun .🙃

Hope you all have a good Sunday 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

Spring is in the air here, sunny but quite cool hers, it doesn't seem to be putting the greenfly off, as I have had to spay the roses this morning with some of the new shoots infested. I won't be casting a claaht even though the May flower is aaht. We have family coming for breakfast later so a nice walk with their dog after will be nice, we checked out some of the lanes and fields yesterday and they are drying out well with the wind and sun recently.

Have a nice day all.

• Like 6

Good morning.

It is sunny and 8°C here.

One of Pauline's friends grandsons is running in the London Marathon today.

I hope everyone finishes safely.

Best wishes for a nice day to everyone on here.

• Like 11

A c🥶ld night for the time of the year but a bright day with blue skies and a shiveringly invigorating "feels like 3˚C!" 

Our local Squirrel (We official call him Michael... as in Michael Bentine... because he carries his own flea circus with him everywhere he goes.)... busy nibbling the buds off our favourite grape vine... a gently jet of water from the garden hose ... misses as usual... results in him ambling just out of range and giving us a "look" that's hard to define.

The morning garden's full of adolescent birds doing their thing... learning the right twigs to use in the light breeze, working out how best to use the feeders, discovering how to poop on our newly cleaned garden chairs and practicing the look of utter disdain anytime we dare to open the patio doors. 

The "baby" Bluetits dash through the branches like a school infant-class class released from a lesson... and have already learned how to mimic their parents by discarding five bird-seeds for every one that they eventually choose to take... such fussy eaters!

Our newly fledged Robins are strutting their stuff in fresh plumage. Fidgety little Dunlins are still just yards away from their hatch-place in the hedge. The tiniest of tiny-weeny little Wrens is clumsily darting from bush to bush and a very, very laid back Nuthatch (nicknamed him "Kevin"... those who know why... know why) has decided that a place on the vine two feet away from the patio table is just ideal to keep an eye on his nuts in his birdfeeder in his garden.

_DSC3734.thumb.jpeg.003b1c3566b38fb6da8ec00f604af2fe.jpeg

Our Kevin

Meanwhile Mrs Robin is playing hard to get... delicately pirouetting on tip-claws on top of a tiny garden solar-lamp demanding that her suiter feeds her... not just any worms... but only the tastiest very finest morsels of the best worms that the garden can provide.

So... nothing to report... just another boring morning on the fringes of suburbia... next job... wash the "summer-seat!" 😇🥶

_DSC3427.thumb.jpeg.7ba463a1db27b9105c4131ec617755ec.jpeg

Hope all are well!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Was that post meant for someone one another cruise site ? 🤔

Yes HAL.

Once you put in the blue name Avatar and post you cannot delete it so I added the message and posted the full message on HAL site 

• Like 2

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a nice weekend.

Hubby is doing well, better than he did last time. He has just logged on his work computer which I am not happy about, he should be resting not sat in an office chair. He was complaining last night about how uncomfortable he was sat upright on the sofa so he might not be able to work long. He has a Drs appointment later for a dressing change so we will see what they say. 

We had an unexpected visit from our daughter yesterday and grandchildren so that was nice. I made an old recipe of my Gran’s for tea, braising steak with onions, carrots and dumplings cooked in gravy served with mash & spring greens. 

Hope you all have a nice day 

Michelle

• Like 11

Good morning everyone.  Not a very nice morning, and looks like a dampish week.

Two things for me to be thankful for this morning;  about 7 hours sleep last night, and no horrific news headlines on breakfast tv, which makes a pleasant change.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I made an old recipe of my Gran’s for tea, braising steak with onions, carrots and dumplings cooked in gravy served with mash & spring greens. 

I bet it was clean plates all round with such a lovely tea.My kind of meal 😋

Great to read of hubby's recovery but he needs to be careful and rest ,work

will still be there when he's right again . 

6.C  and a bit damp this morning ,having a day watching the world go by .

Take care everyone🙂

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

I bet it was clean plates all round with such a lovely tea.My kind of meal 😋

Great to read of hubby's recovery but he needs to be careful and rest ,work

will still be there when he's right again . 

6.C  and a bit damp this morning ,having a day watching the world go by .

Take care everyone🙂

It was clean plates from everyone I am pleased to say, not much leftovers for the doggies.

I keep telling him to take it easy and that the company won’t collapse without him, they managed for two weeks last month while we we on holiday. I can hear him not speaking to a customer in Sweden.  

Michelle

• Like 9

We are off to the dentist shortly. We both managed to break a tooth on our March cruise on Arvia. I did mine on the last morning. I never have a cooked breakfast but I decided to have one prior to our long coach journey home. I bit into a piece of well done bacon and lost a portion of a tooth. That was an expensive breakfast.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

We are off to the dentist shortly. We both managed to break a tooth on our March cruise on Arvia. I did mine on the last morning. I never have a cooked breakfast but I decided to have one prior to our long coach journey home. I bit into a piece of well done bacon and lost a portion of a tooth. That was an expensive breakfast.

Ouch. Having recently had quite a lot of dental work, damage to teeth can cost as much as a cruise! Good luck!

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

One of my most dreaded things, I go regularly but dread it. Hope it all goes well for you and that it’s not too expensive 

Michelle

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Have they opened a Greggs already.I thought Zap was joking.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

We are off to the dentist shortly. We both managed to break a tooth on our March cruise on Arvia.

Hope you left the chef some feedback 😉

Glad you have a dentist to put things right for you both .

I consider us to be very lucky to have a great dentist .Our  dentist was voted

"Dentist Of The Year". He didn't get a trophy, they just gave him a little plaque.🙃

• Haha 11

Wet and cold here, not nice. Barnsley for breakfast and a trip to th'ASDA looks like being the highlight of the day.

Today's theme seems to be dentistry, the last time I went he asked me if I wanted helium, "does it hurt less?" I said. "No but it sounds funny when you scream" was his reply.

Then he asked about fillings, "chocolate will be good"

For those folk not going to the dentist enjoy your day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7