P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, Beckett said:

She did Brian but it's proving very difficult all round. He can't see properly, he's bashing into everything, and if he lowers his head he can scratch the wound with the edge of the cone anyway! I've ordered a soft collar and a bodysuit today so we'll see if either, or both, of them work. Jane.x

LOL,I was talking about the other posters friends husband.Glad your dog is going to be ok.We brought a kitten home from Italy and for various reasons that cost us 600 quid,our daughter in Sevenoaks has her.We drove a stray puppy to Rome 6hrs each way to a rescue lady after coughing up 90 quid for an xray for a dislocated hip.The things we do when we're animal lovers,lol.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Thanks Jane. We will have to see now if it grows back again. If it does she might have to have part of one of her pads removed to get to the root of it

Michelle

Ouch! Poor little thing. Do let us know how she gets on. Fingers crossed for her. Jane.x

8 minutes ago, brian1 said:

LOL,I was talking about the other posters friends husband.Glad your dog is going to be ok.We brought a kitten home from Italy and for various reasons that cost us 600 quid,our daughter in Sevenoaks has her.We drove a stray puppy to Rome 6hrs each way to a rescue lady after coughing up 90 quid for an xray for a dislocated hip.The things we do when we're animal lovers,lol.Cheers,Brian.

So sorry Brian - I didn't realise. My mind is so taken up with Teddy at the moment that I've forgotten there are other topics of conversation out there! Love your animal stories - so kind and caring of you. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

So sorry Brian - I didn't realise. My mind is so taken up with Teddy at the moment that I've forgotten there are other topics of conversation out there! Love your animal stories - so kind and caring of you. Jane.x

No worries,the people in the deep south are lovely but animal welfare is bottom of their priorities.

16 minutes ago, Beckett said:

32 minutes ago, brian1 said:

It breaks your heart to see an animal distressed or hurt doesn’t it.
Rightly or wrongly, Freddie always comes first in my life. He is not “just a dog” but my best friend and confidante.

Michelle and Jane - please keep us posted how your doglets are....💕

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

It breaks your heart to see an animal distressed or hurt doesn’t it.
Rightly or wrongly, Freddie always comes first in my life. He is not “just a dog” but my best friend and confidante.

Michelle and Jane - please keep us posted how your doglets are....💕

I hate to hear of any animal being sick or injured.  We were so upset when we lost our last dog that we have not been able to bring ourselves to get another one.  Dogs are so comforting when you are feeling down,  I would have been lost coming home to an empty house when DH was in hospital but the dog and cat seemed  to sense my worry and made me feel better.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I should think so too Michelle. I'd be wanting a complimentary after the first one failed. I remember your posts about the growth. It's grown back very quickly hasn't it? I hope this second operation is successful.  Jane.x

Thanks Jane, fingers crossed it doesn’t grow back again 

Michelle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Wow pages of food from our childhoods, well I'm trumping tripe, jellied eels, mucky fat, belly pork, brains or faggots with these. Fresh(ish) from Leeds market.

Image result for Pork Arseholes. Size: 186 x 160. Source: andrewconway.net

£1.89 a pound and I imagine you get lots of holes to the pound.🤣

Holes must be perfect diet food?

P’raps Yorkshirephil will come back & tell us what they really are?  I thought that part of the anatomy was cut out & dealt with along with the intestines, be it chitterlings (😬), pet food or whatever

... or maybe things are different in Yorkshire?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Holes must be perfect diet food?

P’raps Yorkshirephil will come back & tell us what they really are?  I thought that part of the anatomy was cut out & dealt with along with the intestines, be it chitterlings (😬), pet food or whatever

... or maybe things are different in Yorkshire?

I have never knowingly tried them. The rules have changed since I was a lad and I have no idea what bits are now allowed for human consumption. I know animal brains and spinal cord material was knocked back after mad cow disease.

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Wow pages of food from our childhoods, well I'm trumping tripe, jellied eels, mucky fat, belly pork, brains or faggots with these. Fresh(ish) from Leeds market.

Image result for Pork Arseholes. Size: 186 x 160. Source: andrewconway.net

I think trumping could be the correct word considering😄

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

💕

Bella in her new wheels... 

Yep, spoilt, but we wouldn't have it any other way... 

Andy 

IMG_20210606_212901.jpg

• Like 11

My niece's  son  called  at our house this evening  because he had been with some friends near to our house and didn't  want to walk home.  We took him home but he asked us to switch our "cave man" music off in the car, he would prefer silence to our music. David suggested that he could get out of the car and walk needless to say he put up with our music. 🤣🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Good morning hope everyone's well :classic_smile: The kids will be back at school today 

where mums up and down the country will be screaming that well known dawn 

chorus " Get ready your going to be late ."

Reading about Josy's car journey with their son made me smile, I had a similar 

experience when we were travelling with our grown up son in our car .We had our 

music playing when our son asks me "Dad ,what types of music do you like?"

"Well we like Meat Loaf, Bon-Jovi, Cher"  To which he said "you like WHO ! "

I said " Yes we do ,Let this tape finish and we will play them next ":classic_smile:

Looks to be the makings of a lovely day , our lad sent me this from his dash cam 

on his way to  work earlier this morning . My favourite time of the day, when you

have the roads to yourself .  Hope you all have a great day and stay safe :classic_love:

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.d9bb57fd754e081c6ff279b4e1d15b68.jpg

• Like 11

Morning kalos - nice to see you bright and early.  Hope you are feeling well

Josy - giving someone a lift?  Eek!  That feels like something from pre-history, to me.  

Another of those No Plans days today.  Oh, grocery delivery shortly, so that’ll be the highlight 🙂 Dull currently but the sun may visit us later.  

• Like 1

Morning everyone, cloudy here today after some lovely weather last week and over the weekend.

I had my first girls night out since Feb last year on Friday, so nice to go out for a meal and a few drinks with the girls.

A quieter week this week I think, we had the grandchildren stay all half term week going home Friday teatime

Have a good week and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 2

Morning all, I hope everyone had a good weekend.

We had my side of the family round yesterday afternoon,  my parents, siblings and nephew, for a shared tea in the garden. My niece was away but it’s the first time we had all been together since Christmas 2019. My brother, brother in law and nephew had never met our little Grandson before but he wasn’t shy and smiled at everyone 😊

I also booked Southampton hotel rooms for us and my parents for the night before our cruise, it’s not til May next year but I like to be prepared 😂 I booked Holiday Inn Express M27 £51 for book now - pay later, free cancellation up to 4pm the day before and breakfast included. I thought it was a pretty good price and makes it feel like we’re a step closer to our cruise.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 8

It is 19°C and cloudy here with rain expected soon.

Pauline has today off work so we did some food shopping this morning and Pauline is currently putting flowers on her grandparents and baby brothers grave.

We will pop along to the local beach with our picnics soon.

Hope everyone is well including Jane's Teddy.

Graham. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Beckett said:

How is Teddy today Jane? Overnight is not easy for him or you with the cone.

Freddie sends woofs.
Gill x

• Like 1

We have had a lovely morning but it is starting to cloud over but at least my washing is dried, I much prefer to dry it outside because it smells so fresh.

Jane hope that Teddy is a feeling a bit better today, those cones make life difficult.

David just reminded me about when our first dog had to wear one after an operation to remove his dew claws because of a problem.  He made everyone feel sorry for him by lifting his bandaged laws to show them off.

• Like 5

Hello all, had a very busy weekend preparing for and then hosting a garden lunch  for my mum. All went well I’m pleased to say and Joshua (grandson) kept us entertained and on our toes!

Absolutely whacked when they left but a happy tired. Now I’m thinking only day after tomorrow and I’ll be picking Joshua up again on the bus! 
Son’s partner made a fabulous chocolate and strawberry cake too 😊

7BF50EA7-F536-477B-AA42-2D5074F70440.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, had a very busy weekend preparing for and then hosting a garden lunch  for my mum. All went well I’m pleased to say and Joshua (grandson) kept us entertained and on our toes!

Absolutely whacked when they left but a happy tired. Now I’m thinking only day after tomorrow and I’ll be picking Joshua up again on the bus! 
Son’s partner made a fabulous chocolate and strawberry cake too 😊

7BF50EA7-F536-477B-AA42-2D5074F70440.jpeg

Wow, that looks amazing!

• Like 2