P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

In terms of speed for one person or perhaps 2 the microwave could be quicker but stove top always wins for a family breakfast.

My grandfather loved golden syrup on his porridge (then he also liked it on almost everything else’s, very sweet tooth).

My mum had a porridge drawer in her kitchen from the days when it was made, left to cool and sliced as a take away food. Personally cold porridge is not my thing.

They don't make draws like that now.These days it would be running out of the gaps in the hardboard bottom.

• Haha 1

Good news and bad news,

My eldest grand son has been awarded a first for his university course at Sheffield Hallam

The bad news he was coming home today but one of his friends has just tested positive for covid so he is had to stay in Sheffield for a while longer.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, brian1 said:

They don't make draws like that now.These days it would be running out of the gaps in the hardboard bottom.

Indeed. This was part of an old fashioned unit, all the edges and drawers were dove tailed and the porridge drawer was lined - they used to be common but you only see them in museums now! You know you are getting old when.....

• Haha 1

Just now, Bloodaxe said:

Good news and bad news,

My eldest grand son has been awarded a first for his university course at Sheffield Hallam

The bad news he was coming home today but one of his friends has just tested positive for covid so he is had to stay in Sheffield for a while longer.

That’s excellent news re the first, you must be very proud. Hope all is well re the covid situation.

7 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Good news and bad news,

Well done him for getting a first. You must be a very proud grandad today. Shame about the enforced isolation but a big celebration to look forward to when he gets home. Jane.x

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Good news and bad news,

Oh wow. That is a fabulous achievement. You must be so proud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Good morning and congrats to Purdey on her 43rd wedding anniversary!  :classic_love:

and well  done Mr Purdey on finding such a tolerant lady :classic_wink: Hope you have

many more happy years together, best wishes to me.:classic_smile:

I really enjoyed  my day doing nothing and sorry to those who missed my post

but it was nice to have a day off and do other things . Anyone who is feeling 

bored reading these posts ,I think you could always amuse yourself by doing

other exciting things .When I’m bored, I like to call a Best Western hotel, and

when they answer, “Best Western...”I answer, “True Grit,” and  then hang up.:classic_unsure:

Porridge !  Love it , I can't get enough of it , best thing to watch on telly but the 

Mrs doesn't like it and  wipes it off , and tells me to be more careful with it :classic_wacko:

Breakfast porridge  is ok if done proper , if you get a nasty one ,you can flush it 

away down the toilet but never try this with cornflakes as it Kelloggs it up !

Police said they found a woman dead face down in a bathtub full of cornflakes.
They think it’s the work of a cereal killer.:classic_rolleyes: Right enjoy your day guys I'm off

to the Hozzie to have more radio active stuff pumped into me and be scanned 

for a few more hours (Boring ,I know ) If they scan me much more it will be me

going "beep " the next time I go through the check out at ASDA:classic_ohmy:

Before all that time for breakfast. Every morning at breakfast for the past 6 months,

I tell Mrs Kalos that I’m going out for a jog but never do . It’s my longest running joke

of the year.:classic_love:   Be safe and take care guys :classic_smile::classic_love:

Good luck with your scan today Kalos.🙂

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Indeed. This was part of an old fashioned unit, all the edges and drawers were dove tailed and the porridge drawer was lined - they used to be common but you only see them in museums now! You know you are getting old when.....

OMG,I was on a wind up.Did they really pour porridge in a draw.

That's great news Bloodaxe, congratulations to your Grandson.

Happy Anniversary Purdey & Mr Purdey, I hope you enjoyed your pastries.

Good luck with the scan today Kalos!

To those not sleeping well, I sympathise totally! I can't remember the last time I had an unbroken night's sleep, it was possibly over a year ago. I'm putting it down to my age & phase of life. Once I finally got to sleep last night the foxes on the school field at the end of our garden started making an awful noise which set off half the neighbourhood dogs. I had to get up and close the windows, then it was too hot to sleep 😳

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Good news and bad news,

Fantastic news about his grade.

Sad he has to isolate.

Take care Eric.

Hope all goes well at the hospital Kalos and the results are encouraging.

Congratulations to Sandra and husband on 43 years of marriage,Enjoy your special day.

Congratulations on your grandson getting a 1st Eric but sorry he has got to stay in Sheffield a little longer.Hope he doesn't catch covid

Hope everyone has a good day 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

OMG,I was on a wind up.Did they really pour porridge in a draw.

Yes, it was common practice in Scotland and also in Ireland I believe. It set once cool so you could cut it into slices as a “take away” meal.

• Like 1

Hope all goes well with your hospital appointment today Kalos and the next time you go through security scanner you will be glowing 🧑‍🎤 . Seriously I hope all is well with you.

Thank you all for your kind wishes I’m still busy opening up my presents and my husband played a trick on me about dinner tonight, so I’m not going where I thought I was going but I’m now off to the Pig in the new forest tonight, can’t wait 😜 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Good news and bad news,

Fantastic news, hope he doesn’t test positive soon. You must be very proud of him

Michelle

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Briefing expected at 5pm tonight with list of Green Light countries given by Grant Shaps.

BBC & The ☀️ not anticipating any additions to the Green List

Sorry for anyone who has a trip booked but ...

26 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

BBC & The ☀️ not anticipating any additions to the Green List

Sorry for anyone who has a trip booked but ...

Sky are reporting no new countries or Islands added and Portugal moves to the amber list.

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Briefing expected at 5pm tonight with list of Green Light countries given by Grant Shaps.

If I haven’t been on here and seen your postings, I would miss this.  Thank you Graham and where do find the info?  I’ve just taken a quick look in today’s Times and can’t find any mention of it!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

If I haven’t been on here and seen your postings, I would miss this.  Thank you Graham and where do find the info?  I’ve just taken a quick look in today’s Times and can’t find any mention of it!

Sky and BBC are reporting the latest "expectations " regarding the lists - probably a leak to the likes of Laura Kuensberg.

• Like 1

Whenever Kalos let's us know that he is unfortunately off for more treatment, I always think that, if nothing else, he truly is someone who does have "the sun shining  out of his a**e" !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If true about Portugal ( I think it is, as the leaks always seem to be right!) it's an indication of how difficult it will be to restart international cruising. Our rules and other countries rules change all the time. What a nightmare for the cruise companies

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Whenever Kalos let's us know that he is unfortunately off for more treatment, I always think that, if nothing else, he truly is someone who does have "the sun shining  out of his a**e" !

Cheers Wowzz if they jab me with  anymore radio active stuff then I think it will be glowing

a different colour than the sun :classic_unsure: On the bright side at least I did not need reviving today :classic_smile: 

• Like 16

Had a good day and pleased to find that the antibody test I did as part of Twins research shows clearly detectable antibodies.I was concerned because my immune system is compromised as a result of medication I am on so wasn't sure if the vaccines had worked.I hope Harry that you and others with immuno suppressed problems get the chance to have an antibody test too. 🙂 

• Like 11