P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Sorry but I think what I am about to say might upset many but I do think this thread as run its course and is getting boring in the majority now. If I want the weather forecast around the UK I can look online or TV and knowing what everyone is doing every minute of every day is like Twitter 2. Also the usual "experts" are arguing amongst themselves that they are right and everyone else is wrong  on every subject the latest being the Indian variant of Covid.

It's all Greek to me .I think it's called the Doner variant now,confused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

majortom - it may be that this thread will in time have run its course, but at present it does present a view on the world for those of us who are somewhat stuck at home for various reasons.   Being nosy by nature, I have enjoyed reading about other people's joys and sorrows, and how things are in various parts of the country, not to mention the  funny contributions by Kalos and others, and the photos of people and places.  I should add that although I have not cruised with P and O before, the regular posters on this thread have made me think that I would enjoy meeting many of them on board P and O, as so many are friendly and inclusive sounding.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lincslady said:

majortom - it may be that this thread will in time have run its course, but at present it does present a view on the world for those of us who are somewhat stuck at home for various reasons.   Being nosy by nature, I have enjoyed reading about other people's joys and sorrows, and how things are in various parts of the country, not to mention the  funny contributions by Kalos and others, and the photos of people and places.  I should add that although I have not cruised with P and O before, the regular posters on this thread have made me think that I would enjoy meeting many of them on board P and O, as so many are friendly and inclusive sounding.

Totally agree with all you said. This thread has been so great during the last 16 months or so. Anybody who doesn’t like it should just ignore.

I hope you do try P&O as you are bound to bump into someone you already know from this thread!

Gill x

• Like 8

I had an early appointment at the recycle centre (aka dump) this morning and there was a big queue of cars waiting to go in. Just look at the driver of the car that was three places in front of me:

IMG_1358.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Morning peeps

sunny today and 6 days off yay! 

hubby has gone to look at an ER5 for me to ride. Not sure I will remember how. 

Just in the process of planning our holiday. Doing the NC500 in Scotland. Think we are a little crazy but we need a holiday and I couldn’t do a cruise or Disney this year. 

we’ve both had our first jabs. Didn’t like it it made me feel awful but hubby was more or less ok. 

hope everyone is keeping ok

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Morning peeps

sunny today and 6 days off yay! 

hubby has gone to look at an ER5 for me to ride. Not sure I will remember how. 

Just in the process of planning our holiday. Doing the NC500 in Scotland. Think we are a little crazy but we need a holiday and I couldn’t do a cruise or Disney this year. 

we’ve both had our first jabs. Didn’t like it it made me feel awful but hubby was more or less ok. 

hope everyone is keeping ok

Glad you have had your first jab, I felt awful after my first one but fine after my second.

Enjoy six days off work and this lovely weather.

Lovely day here again, just dropped youngest grandson at Fylde AFC for the day, he is football mad. 
Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 4

Morning everyone.

I woke at 5.30am to bright sunshine.

I closed my eyes and just woke up at 10.20am.

I think all the driving around the Lake District has took its toll😴.

It's nice to hear what is going on from everyone and some of the jokes and photos posted have been excellent and hopefully some of you liked ours around the Lake District.

It is 17°C sunny and warm outside.

We have nothing planned yet and I am now eating my breakfast porridge in bed watching Judge Judy.

Have a nice day friends.

Graham.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

I had an early appointment at the recycle centre (aka dump) this morning and there was a big queue of cars waiting to go in. Just look at the driver of the car that was three places in front of me:

IMG_1358.jpg

If the engine was running, I would be terrierfied.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DamianG said:

IMG_1358.jpg

Who's he shouting at.Must have a bone to pick with someone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Off you go Bob.  You know you want to! 😀

Well, it’s been a lazy, relaxing day here, with added heavy rain for a while 😮 Boo!  No one ordered that 😕

We did get out for a dog walk early on and visited the fish shack, so have some lovely looking tuna for salad Niçoise later.

Have enjoyed the Test cricket, though the Kiwis have the advantage at the mo.  A good toss to win

Watching the pandemic stats with trepidation.  Rising cases is just about bearable, as long as hospitalisations don’t also rise. 😬 R number (remember that?) over 1

🤞

Well it’s been a mixed day today and very quiet on here , where is my Kalos fix !!  It’s not them same with out it 😔 any way I’ve been busy in the garden tidying up after the builders have given me a new fence all down the garden so a lot more private now for our hot tub afternoons .

It’s our 43rd wedding Anniversary tomorrow so I’ve been secretly wrapping my husband’s presents and hiding them all over the place when he’s out in the garden , I’m hoping he will like what I have got him this year. So our plan tomorrow is to go to a lovely bakery at 7 o’clock in morning to get these lovely selections for breakfast, then take a drive to the new forest for a cream tea ( jam on first then clotted cream) then home to chill and then out for a 7 course dinner in a very small chic restaurant, so tomorrow is all about the food 😛😋  , hope you’ve all had a good day today and not been caught in the rain and I hope tomorrow brings you all sunshine and joy to , take care everyone 🙂

BEB4F152-A3D6-420A-A6A0-718F7B6A866A.jpeg

• Like 14

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have nothing planned yet and I am now eating my breakfast porridge in bed.

Have a nice day friends.

Graham.

Porridge is a very serious subject up here Graham. What do you consider to be porridge?

Where I come from it is a one to three ration with one part porridge, two parts milk and one part water. On a Sunday one part porridge, one part milk, one part cream (and a hearty dram of decent single malt whisky mixed in before a long sermon on a hard wooden bench).

I tend to eat mine with fresh raspberry or strawberry in summer and raisons and cinnamon in winter.

And none of your in packet oats, straight from the mill.

yours?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Well it’s been a mixed day today and very quiet on here , where is my Kalos fix !!  It’s not them same with out it 😔 any way I’ve been busy in the garden tidying up after the builders have given me a new fence all down the garden so a lot more private now for our hot tub afternoons .

It’s our 43rd wedding Anniversary tomorrow so I’ve been secretly wrapping my husband’s presents and hiding them all over the place when he’s out in the garden , I’m hoping he will like what I have got him this year. So our plan tomorrow is to go to a lovely bakery at 7 o’clock in morning to get these lovely selections for breakfast, then take a drive to the new forest for a cream tea ( jam on first then clotted cream) then home to chill and then out for a 7 course dinner in a very small chic restaurant, so tomorrow is all about the food 😛😋  , hope you’ve all had a good day today and not been caught in the rain and I hope tomorrow brings you all sunshine and joy to , take care everyone 🙂

Your plans sound wonderful.Congratulations and hope you have a great day tomorrow

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Have a lovely day tmoro 

Michelle

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Porridge is a very serious subject up here Graham. What do you consider to be porridge?

Where I come from it is a one to three ration with one part porridge, two parts milk and one part water. On a Sunday one part porridge, one part milk, one part cream (and a hearty dram of decent single malt whisky mixed in before a long sermon on a hard wooden bench).

I tend to eat mine with fresh raspberry or strawberry in summer and raisons and cinnamon in winter.

And none of your in packet oats, straight from the mill.

yours?

1 satchet of instant porridge, 1 satchet of milk. 1 minute 30 secs in the microwave a bit of brown sugar. Sorted.🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Off you go Bob.  You know you want to! 😀

I do, my wife is nervous because MSC do not require all passengers to be vaccinated, just tested. 

It is a very good deal, and fairly easy to get to Liverpool from us. I'm keeping quiet, I know she is tempted !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Very tempted. Not P&O, MSC Virtuosa, this weekend from Liverpool, 7 nights, balcony, grats, premium drinks, £599. Liverpool, Greenock, Southampton, Portland and Liverpool. Hmmm !

We’re on the 24th sailing from Liverpool. Couldn’t see one for this weekend otherwise we’d have done that, can only see Virtuosa calling into Liverpool on 8th June but nothing available on the MSC site.