P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

31 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I do, my wife is nervous because MSC do not require all passengers to be vaccinated, just tested. 

It is a very good deal, and fairly easy to get to Liverpool from us. I'm keeping quiet, I know she is tempted !

Ideal time at the moment as capacity is restricted to 1000 guests. When we go it is reported she could be at 80% capacity, so far more than 1000. 

57 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Porridge is a very serious subject up here Graham. What do you consider to be porridge?

Where I come from it is a one to three ration with one part porridge, two parts milk and one part water. On a Sunday one part porridge, one part milk, one part cream (and a hearty dram of decent single malt whisky mixed in before a long sermon on a hard wooden bench).

I tend to eat mine with fresh raspberry or strawberry in summer and raisons and cinnamon in winter.

And none of your in packet oats, straight from the mill.

yours?

Fruit flavoured Quaker oats with added grapes, almonds and walnuts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Well it’s been a mixed day today and very quiet on here , where is my Kalos fix !!  It’s not them same with out it 😔 any way I’ve been busy in the garden tidying up after the builders have given me a new fence all down the garden so a lot more private now for our hot tub afternoons .

It’s our 43rd wedding Anniversary tomorrow so I’ve been secretly wrapping my husband’s presents and hiding them all over the place when he’s out in the garden , I’m hoping he will like what I have got him this year. So our plan tomorrow is to go to a lovely bakery at 7 o’clock in morning to get these lovely selections for breakfast, then take a drive to the new forest for a cream tea ( jam on first then clotted cream) then home to chill and then out for a 7 course dinner in a very small chic restaurant, so tomorrow is all about the food 😛😋  , hope you’ve all had a good day today and not been caught in the rain and I hope tomorrow brings you all sunshine and joy to , take care everyone 🙂

BEB4F152-A3D6-420A-A6A0-718F7B6A866A.jpeg

Wishing you both a truly memorable and wonderful 43rd wedding anniversary tomorrow Sandra.

It Sounds like you have a fantastic day planned.

Graham x.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

We’re on the 24th sailing from Liverpool. Couldn’t see one for this weekend otherwise we’d have done that, can only see Virtuosa calling into Liverpool on 8th June but nothing available on the MSC site.

It is on Tuesday 8th June and the email I received this morning was from cruise 1st. Whether it's still available I don't know.

Well it’s been a mixed day today and very quiet on here , where is my Kalos fix !!  It’s not them same with out it 😔 any way I’ve been busy in the garden tidying up after the builders have given me a new fence all down the garden so a lot more private now for our hot tub afternoons .

It’s our 43rd wedding Anniversary tomorrow so I’ve been secretly wrapping my husband’s presents and hiding them all over the place when he’s out in the garden , I’m hoping he will like what I have got him this year. So our plan tomorrow is to go to a lovely bakery at 7 o’clock in morning to get these lovely selections for breakfast, then take a drive to the new forest for a cream tea ( jam on first then clotted cream) then home to chill and then out for a 7 course dinner in a very small chic restaurant, so tomorrow is all about the food 😛😋  , hope you’ve all had a good day today and not been caught in the rain and I hope tomorrow brings you all sunshine and joy to , take care everyone 🙂

Congratulations on your 43rd anniversary!  That sounds like a wonderful day ahead - with good weather too. Have a great day!  😃

• Like 1

Many congratulations to you both on 43 years of marriage. It sounds like you have a wonderful day planned and the food all sounds divine.

Gill x

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yuk!

To each their own.

It's a breakfast cereal and has to compete with corn flakes for speed and ease of preparation. I use oats, 2 spoonfuls  cover with enough milk not to boil over the edge of the bowl in the microwave, 2 and a half minutes on full power, a splodge of golden syrup, and enough cold milk to make it nice and creamy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow Sandra. Hope you both enjoy your day. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

It is on Tuesday 8th June and the email I received this morning was from cruise 1st. Whether it's still available I don't know.

I saw 8th June but not available on MSC website. 

Morning all

Happy Anniversary Purdey - hope you have a lovely day, sun or no sun.  Enjoy your feast!

A lazy day here (for a change 🙄) but one thing I must do is to (finally) change to the summer duvet.  There were times I wondered if summer nights would ever come but they’re here now and I was uncomfortably warm last night

Have a good day everyone 

• Like 5

Morning Eddie. I've been waiting for someone to post. I've been pottering around at a loose end since just before 5am. It's been one of those nights wher you catnap, tossing and turning, looking at the clock every 10 minutes until you finally give it up as a bad job. Oh for the days when I could put my head on the pillow and sleep soundly until the following morning.

Looks set to be a cloudy day here, but warm, climbing to a lovely 22c. 

Hope Kalos is ok.

Have a good day whatever everyone's up to and stay safe.

Avril

• Like 8

Perhaps the heat is disorienting us Avril.  I’ve been awake since before 2.  I don’t look at the clock as we have great-gran’s little chimer happily marking the hours and half hours.  It’s so discouraging to be aware you’re not sleeping and then hear Ding, Ding 🛎 🎶. Sigh.  Like you, I used to be a reliable, regular 8 hours a night-er.  Those were the days.  Never mind - as I said, no brain surgery or bomb defusing or mysteries of the universe discovering on today’s schedule 🙄 

Enjoy the day!

• Like 4

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. Cloudy here at the moment, dare I say it a welcome relief from the sun!! It was 26 degrees here yesterday.

I have always loved the sun but as I am getting older I find myself looking for the shade more. I should be careful as my mum had skin cancer about 20 years ago, it was caught very early.  She was not a sunbather either. 
Another busy day here, football drop off and pick up(25 min drive each way), take mum shopping, entertain other grandson, dog walking. Who said been retired albeit early retirement was boring?? 
Michelle

• Like 6

Good morning and congrats to Purdey on her 43rd wedding anniversary!  :classic_love:

and well  done Mr Purdey on finding such a tolerant lady :classic_wink: Hope you have

many more happy years together, best wishes to me.:classic_smile:

I really enjoyed  my day doing nothing and sorry to those who missed my post

but it was nice to have a day off and do other things . Anyone who is feeling 

bored reading these posts ,I think you could always amuse yourself by doing

other exciting things .When I’m bored, I like to call a Best Western hotel, and

when they answer, “Best Western...”I answer, “True Grit,” and  then hang up.:classic_unsure:

Porridge !  Love it , I can't get enough of it , best thing to watch on telly but the 

Mrs doesn't like it and  wipes it off , and tells me to be more careful with it :classic_wacko:

Breakfast porridge  is ok if done proper , if you get a nasty one ,you can flush it 

away down the toilet but never try this with cornflakes as it Kelloggs it up !

Police said they found a woman dead face down in a bathtub full of cornflakes.
They think it’s the work of a cereal killer.:classic_rolleyes: Right enjoy your day guys I'm off

to the Hozzie to have more radio active stuff pumped into me and be scanned 

for a few more hours (Boring ,I know ) If they scan me much more it will be me

going "beep " the next time I go through the check out at ASDA:classic_ohmy:

Before all that time for breakfast. Every morning at breakfast for the past 6 months,

I tell Mrs Kalos that I’m going out for a jog but never do . It’s my longest running joke

of the year.:classic_love:   Be safe and take care guys :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good morning and thanks again to Kalos for the morning laughs  !

Decided not to cruise next week, probably not available anyway, but we have a cruise onboard Iona in late August and same ship to the Canaries in February next year. Weather seems set to remain good for the foreseeable future, so we're going to stay local for the time being.

Shopping day today, then a couple of hours on the patio, if it is nice

Stay safe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning and congrats to Purdey on her 43rd wedding anniversary!  :classic_love:

and well  done Mr Purdey on finding such a tolerant lady :classic_wink: Hope you have

when they answer, “Best Western...”I answer, “True Grit,” and  then hang up.:classic_unsure:

Porridge !  Love it , I can't get enough of it , best thing to watch on telly but the 

Mrs doesn't like it and  wipes it off , and tells me to be more careful with it :classic_wacko:

Breakfast porridge  is ok if done proper , if you get a nasty one ,you can flush it 

They think it’s the work of a cereal killer.:classic_rolleyes: Right enjoy your day guys I'm off

Before all that time for breakfast. Every morning at breakfast for the past 6 months,

I tell Mrs Kalos that I’m going out for a jog but never do . It’s my longest running joke

of the year.:classic_love:   Be safe and take care guys :classic_smile::classic_love:

Your morning posts are such a pick me up, thank you Kalos

Hope all goes well today at the Hospital and the results are good for you

Michelle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning and thanks again to Kalos for the morning laughs  !

Decided not to cruise next week, probably not available anyway, but we have a cruise onboard Iona in late August and same ship to the Canaries in February next year. Weather seems set to remain good for the foreseeable future, so we're going to stay local for the time being.

Shopping day today, then a couple of hours on the patio, if it is nice

Stay safe.

Same here Bob, no plan to cruise before our Jan Ventura cruise, too many unknowns and things are constantly changing so I don't think it is worth the hassle. We have a coach tour to Isle of Wight in Sept and are planning a few days in Whitby once the sprogs go back to school. We are happy to chill at home and see how things pan out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It's a breakfast cereal and has to compete with corn flakes for speed and ease of preparation. I use oats, 2 spoonfuls  cover with enough milk not to boil over the edge of the bowl in the microwave, 2 and a half minutes on full power, a splodge of golden syrup, and enough cold milk to make it nice and creamy.

In terms of speed for one person or perhaps 2 the microwave could be quicker but stove top always wins for a family breakfast.

My grandfather loved golden syrup on his porridge (then he also liked it on almost everything else’s, very sweet tooth).

My mum had a porridge drawer in her kitchen from the days when it was made, left to cool and sliced as a take away food. Personally cold porridge is not my thing.

40 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good luck for today Kalos. You must be a wonderful shade of neon with all this radio activity going on. Hope all goes well and, more importantly, hope the results are good. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thank you Kalos.

I for one missed your morning message yesterday.

Good luck today with your tests Kalos.

It is cloudy and breezy here but forecast to be in the 70+ F later.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1