P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Re flu jab.. ours are postponed due to lack of supplies.

Hmm. The news was correct then(for once)😉

Our appointment was only made last week, so I shall now wait for our cancellation message.🙄

This is my 3rd attempt to submit this post🤞

Avril

Yay! 3rd time lucky👏👏

Edited by Adawn47

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Hmm. The news was correct then(for once)😉

Our appointment was only made last week, so I shall now wait for our cancellation message.🙄

This is my 3rd attempt to submit this post🤞

Avril

Yay! 3rd time lucky👏👏

Sorry to hear about that. When we had ours yesterday he did say they expected delays in supplies in the future weeks 

Well I’ve just been sitting in my garden for an hour, too hot now! I was getting frustrated as I couldn’t like or comment again on my phone but I can on my IPad!! Both apple products, very strange! 

No nanny duties today so I met a friend this morning for coffee. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve always fancied visiting the Alsace region, look forward to your photos.

It's lovely with medieval towns and villages on the route de vin and beautiful scenery.We only stopover have  dinner and carry on next day.We did have friends that lived there in the 90s and we stayed with them for a week and the wine caves on the route de vin are great.It's a reisling grape but tastes better than the German muck,lol.Cheers,Brian.

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I’ve just been sitting in my garden for an hour, too hot now! I was getting frustrated as I couldn’t like or comment again on my phone but I can on my IPad!! Both apple products, very strange! 

No nanny duties today so I met a friend this morning for coffee. 

My neighbour is having big problems with printing emails from apple stuff. The lettering is huge. I tried fixing it but can't even get any printer setup pages. Glad I stuck to windows and android.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

A bottle of Alsace Blue Nun for whoever reaches page 1000.

I'll give it a miss thanks. I have bad memories of an evening drinking it with with my brother-in-law's ex-wife after she discovered that he was leaving her for her best friend.  David made himself scarce because while he disagreed with his brother's behaviour he didn’t want to listen to his sister-in-law crying all evening.

57 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I'll give it a miss thanks. I have bad memories of an evening drinking it with with my brother-in-law's ex-wife after she discovered that he was leaving her for her best friend.  David made himself scarce because while he disagreed with his brother's behaviour he didn’t want to listen to his sister-in-law crying all evening.

OMG it's only about 8% vol.I was only joking Alscace wine is good,a lot more variants including cremont a champagne method.Cheers,Brian.

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Had a very nice day too day. We walked from Herne Bay to Reculver ( and back again) it was sunny, warm with a cooling breeze and relatively quiet as the schools are back 

39B00219-EB38-47A7-B0A0-0611BD1EBE41.jpeg

118474F8-12E0-4E18-B0C1-A9976914F5EC.jpeg

D9857C92-B66C-48F7-B8B4-285C444E4861.jpeg

97666EDD-CD23-4EA0-9F79-A6245847285C.jpeg

00B7A2EB-84C6-47E8-BF85-9EDF6075E63D.jpeg

400629F7-849D-4CFC-BB99-E90BC365C92C.jpeg

You're trying for the prize now.

• Haha 3

I am pretty sure the dreaded Blue Nun is German, not from Alsace, whose wines are mostly very good - and the scenery is pretty too.  Only problem, they do love to serve  sauerkraut, in my mind an abomination.  It is a very Germanic area of France, and has of course changed hands over the years.

16 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I am pretty sure the dreaded Blue Nun is German, not from Alsace, whose wines are mostly very good - and the scenery is pretty too.  Only problem, they do love to serve  sauerkraut, in my mind an abomination.  It is a very Germanic area of France, and has of course changed hands over the years.

No worries that was my banter, I knew that.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

OMG it's only about 8% vol.I was only joking Alscace wine is good,a lot more variants including cremont a champagne method.Cheers,Brian.

Nothing wrong with the wine other than being too sweet for my taste, it was the sad occasion that I associated with it.  I am still in touch with my ex-sister-in-law and we occasionally meet up for an evening out wine drinking and eating.

• Like 2

Been at work all day and it hasn't been sunny down here at all.  Grey and thick mist to start and then rain, it cleared up a bit but is raining again now.

One of the guests sent through an e-mail saying he had ordered a sea view room and enclosed a photo of the view from his room as he couldn't see the sea only mist. What we were supposed to do I don't know😕

• Haha 3