Possible Bankruptcy??

trrn2016

15 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I really don't get this.  Princess has gone on record stating it will take approximately 60 days to process refunds.  You're complaining that you haven't received your refund in one-third of the amount of time which was specified.  How long does it take for you to get a tax refund?  Refunds take time, be patient.  It hasn't even been thirty days yet.

It took me 7 days to get a tax refund.

It has been 30 days for me as I cancelled on March 6th. They initially said on March 12th that it would take 30 days.

Hopefully with the investment announcement today, they will be processing refunds quicker. I do feel better about the refund today based on investment news.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I really don't get this.  Princess has gone on record stating it will take approximately 60 days to process refunds.  You're complaining that you haven't received your refund in one-third of the amount of time which was specified.  How long does it take for you to get a tax refund?  Refunds take time, be patient.  It hasn't even been thirty days yet.

Daniel, are you expecting a refund? When was your cruise cancelled? Did you fill in form for Option 1/2?

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Half of 60 is 30. Where do you get 1/3 from? Thursday will be 4 weeks. Maybe Princess isn’t holding on to thousands of dollars of your money so you don’t care. Maybe you haven’t been laid off...not everyone can be patient right now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Here is some hope:  Saudi Arabia takes a stake in Carnival Cruises:

https://www.businessinsider.com/saudi-arabias-sovereign-wealth-fund-buys-a-stake-in-carnival-2020-4

Yup, that does give us some hope that Carnival is going to be able to restart.  Unfortunately, I don't think we will see the refunds until they are able to resume the cruises.  We hope to be able to book again for next winter, or maybe even this Fall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travelhound said:

Yup, that does give us some hope that Carnival is going to be able to restart.  Unfortunately, I don't think we will see the refunds until they are able to resume the cruises.  We hope to be able to book again for next winter, or maybe even this Fall.

If that is the case they will be burning a lot of customer goodwill, because they certainly won't be sailing within their stated 60 day period.  Every day burns a little more goodwill.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, npcl said:

If that is the case they will be burning a lot of customer goodwill, because they certainly won't be sailing within their stated 60 day period.  Every day burns a little more goodwill.

Maybe I should wait a little while before I buy more stock. I cannot see cruising re-starting for at least six months and then it will probably be limited. BTW, I feel I am an optimist when I say "six months".

• Like 2

Every day that PCL delays announcing that additional cruises are being canceled increases the odds are that we will not cruise with Princess again. We have sailed with PCL starting in 1985 and have almost 40 cruises. I do not see another if they can not tell us the truth.

3 hours ago, npcl said:

Realistically, I think it is going to take longer than 60 days, but most people will probably understand that this is somewhat out of their control.  Let's hope for the best.

I am more optimistic about Princess and other Carnival brands after ready this report.

"CARNIVAL Corporation earlier today closed both public and private investment opportunities in the company, after receiving a tremendous response (CW 02 Apr). Carnival offered qualified institutional buyers a private offering of US$1.95 billion aggregate principal amount of 5.75% convertible senior notes due 2023, as well as 71,875,000 shares of common stock at a price of US$8 per share. The offerings saw Saudi Arabia take a stake in the Corporation, with the country’s Public Investment Fund reporting an 8.2% share." Source Cruise Weekly.

13 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Half of 60 is 30. Where do you get 1/3 from? Thursday will be 4 weeks. Maybe Princess isn’t holding on to thousands of dollars of your money so you don’t care. Maybe you haven’t been laid off...not everyone can be patient right now. 

I got 1/3 because you wrote your post only 24 days after your cancellation, not 30.  The number 24 was closer to 1/3 than it was to 1/2.  I feel badly for anyone whose cruise was cancelled by any of the cruise lines but I took your post to be a less than subtle accusation that Princess is doing something nefarious.  Princess was upfront by posting that refunds may take "approximately" 60 days.  My personal status has nothing to do with my earlier post.  I sincerely wish you good luck with your credit card dispute.  I just don't think the people bashing Princess for the current financial situation are being fair.  Everyone is experiencing problems during this pandemic and response.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, WmFCoyote said:

Every day that PCL delays announcing that additional cruises are being canceled increases the odds are that we will not cruise with Princess again. We have sailed with PCL starting in 1985 and have almost 40 cruises. I do not see another if they can not tell us the truth.

We concur.....we have a similar number of cruises on PCL but the fact that they canceled our 31 day cruise and have not processed any refunds and also by PCL canceling the cruise they negated our Princess Vacation Protection plan at the same time that we bought so we were not able to access this insurance which we had to protect us from losing our cruise faire in the first place.  Sneaky!!

I find their actions to be very disingenuous and believe a lot of people are going to lose thousands of dollars in booking fees that they paid in good earnest to PCL.  

Every business should know from consumer history in the US that you will save future goodwill towards your brand if you are honest with the customer up front and do not play games or lie to consumers which it appears PCL is now doing in regards to refunds.  

No one it appears has received a refund as of yet on CC after Princess' announcement and offers on March 12, 2020 regarding their cancelation of cruises up to May 10, 2020.

If they steal our money then they will lose our business forever and we will make sure everyone we know who cruises knows how PCL operates.  Word of mouth is still the best and most effective form of advertising there is.....I hope PCL is a believer in this philosophy.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

We concur.....we have a similar number of cruises on PCL but the fact that they canceled our 31 day cruise and have not processed any refunds and also by PCL canceling the cruise they negated our Princess Vacation Protection plan at the same time that we bought so we were not able to access this insurance which we had to protect us from losing our cruise faire in the first place.  Sneaky!!

I find their actions to be very disingenuous and believe a lot of people are going to lose thousands of dollars in booking fees that they paid in good earnest to PCL.  

Every business should know from consumer history in the US that you will save future goodwill towards your brand if you are honest with the customer up front and do not play games or lie to consumers which it appears PCL is now doing in regards to refunds.  

No one it appears has received a refund as of yet on CC after Princess' announcement and offers on March 12, 2020 regarding their cancelation of cruises up to May 10, 2020.

If they steal our money then they will lose our business forever and we will make sure everyone we know who cruises knows how PCL operates.  Word of mouth is still the best and most effective form of advertising there is.....I hope PCL is a believer in this philosophy.

I guess you're going to change your screen name to something else then...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I assume you would change your screen name if you don't get a refund.  Let's look at the situation.  Normally when a company has to cancel an operation be it airline, cruiseline, concert promoter; or the like;  they have a obligation to refund money if they don't deliver. So how and when is the question at hand. How long do they have to refund the money.  Normally it is 60 days.  Princess has not passed the 60 day mark since they first announced cruises being cancelled.  Another option you have is to dispute charge with credit card company; then again if you had travel insurance; you could file a claim should Princess go bankrupt (which I don''t believe will happen).  

• Like 1

Daniel A;   quick question for you.  do you think in the future people will use a travel agent verses booking directly with a cruise line; that way your insurance and booking are not under direct control of the cruise line?  

7 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Daniel A;   quick question for you.  do you think in the future people will use a travel agent verses booking directly with a cruise line; that way your insurance and booking are not under direct control of the cruise line?  

I have 3 trips scheduled with my travel agent between now and next March.  The travel agent works for a large national automobile club.  I've sent e-mails and left phone messages to find out where I stand with the next trip.  Crickets.  I had to inform my TA of the ability and code to add BSE benefits to a future cruise.  I have a $20,000.00 cruise booked through them and all I'm getting is one complementary specialty dinner for each of us.  I'm not convinced using a TA is in my best interests under the best of circumstances...

• Like 1

Daniel A  sorry to hear your frustration.  My good friend is my travel agent. He has gone over and beyond to make things right.  We had a river cruise cancel with AMAWaterways and then we had to switch our two Princess cruises around due to the virus thing going around.  For Princess he got us the new all inclusive package Princess now offers and between the two cruises; one int'l and one New England Canada; we still save over $1700.  Plus we got onboard credit with his agency.  He belongs a large consortium of travel agents; both US based and Int'l .  Anyway, sorry you have not had good luck.  I used to use the same agency as you currently have and dropped them when they gave me nothing for booking a two bedroom family suite for our Alaska cruise; then when we booked a river cruise with them;  (it was with Viking);  we cancelled because Viking has a lot of restrictions and no refund on deposit.  Anyway this agency gave me the customer a hard time about cancelling.  I told the agent you need to look at the fine legal print.  I am within my legal rights to cancel any cruise within 72 of booking and get 100% refund.  That is when I stopped using them.  Good luck with your ventures. 

18 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I have 3 trips scheduled with my travel agent between now and next March.  The travel agent works for a large national automobile club.  I've sent e-mails and left phone messages to find out where I stand with the next trip.  Crickets.  I had to inform my TA of the ability and code to add BSE benefits to a future cruise.  I have a $20,000.00 cruise booked through them and all I'm getting is one complementary specialty dinner for each of us.  I'm not convinced using a TA is in my best interests under the best of circumstances...

I just think you have the wrong TA. I use one who specializes in cruising so she is up to date on the latest. Those that work where you go book Disney, Cancun vacations, Safari's - they can't really specialize in anything. They know a little about a lot but not a lot about anything. They serve their purpose.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

Maybe we could keep the topic to hand which is possible bankruptcy and not about refunds and stuff. I know it's all tied together but there are so many other threads about some of these other topics!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Host,  yes we may stray a little;  however, Princess is not going bankrupt.  If anything it will come back a leaner company; possibly parking a few ships; but it will stay in business.  They are getting loans thru their parent company.  All should be good.  Sorry to move in different directions.  Have a wonderful day.

Cheers

Edited by AF-1

3 minutes ago, Janet76 said:

Saudi invested 8% of CCL stock.  CCL will get good deal on oil price too.  I doubt going bankrupt.  

CCL will get good deal on oil price too "  that's interesting 

21 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Host,  yes we may stray a little;  however, Princess is not going bankrupt.  If anything it will come back a leaner company; possibly parking a few ships; but it will stay in business.  They are getting loans thru their parent company.  All should be good.  Sorry to move in different directions.  Have a wonderful day.

Cheers

this has been kinda like watching a soap opera in slow motion.  I'm optimistic Carnival corp. will maneuver through this difficult time and like you stated will come out leaner in the end. I think  the difficulty lies in a segment of the customer base that may be short sighted.