March 8 Oasis cruise virus

Dear Guest,

Royal Caribbean International has recently been informed that a person who sailed on the Oasis of the Seas on March 8, 2020 has tested positive for COVID-19. Because you were a passenger on this same voyage, it’s possible that you were exposed to someone who was sick with COVID-19.

But thank goodness its almost 14 days already. Wish they would say more, like the state this person lives in, man or woman, or child,etc-could have been in same elevator whatever. But with 6,000 on ship, probably not even near this person

Just now, EZ1 said:

But thank goodness its almost 14 days already. Wish they would say more, like the state this person lives in, man or woman, or child,etc-could have been in same elevator whatever. But with 6,000 on ship, probably not even near this person

Yeah, they probably can't say more specific information due to customer data privacy concerns.  My county here in Texas is shelter in place through at least April 3, 2020.  Luckily I have no symptoms so far.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EZ1 said:

Why does it matter which State they were from or, for that matter, there sex or age? 

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why does it matter which State they were from or, for that matter, there sex or age? 

I talked with a bunch of people while on ship. But thank goodness its a huge ship, with many different neighborhoods  for people to hang out in.

Edited by EZ1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So they can figure out if they interacted with the individual, but it won't matter if they touched the same elevator button.

2 minutes ago, bearette said:

So they can figure out if they interacted with the individual, but it won't matter if they touched the same elevator button.

Exactly.  You might have never even seen the infected person the entire voyage.  But if you touched the same hand rail or elevator button..then one could be exposed.  Glad you got the alert.  Stay well!

12 minutes ago, bearette said:

Seriously? Have you ever walked down the Royal Promenade? At times you can be packed just as close to people as in Time Square in NYC on New Years eve. You have no idea who you have had exposure to.

3 minutes ago, Jzx1103 said:

Btw Harmony and Oasis were docked together at Costa Maya on March 12th. And passengers of both ships were stacked pretty close together in that crowded port. 

Yeah, first time both of them were together at the same port!  Also docked with us as Mein Schiff 1 from TUI Cruises.

IMG_5588.JPEG

We were on Oasis too. Still symptom free.

Hope everyone washy washy-ed enough!

I know both ships were together in Costa Maya, so what are the chances only 1 person per ship? ...with letters going out at same time for both! 

i am not trying to read much into it, but seems strange both letters were sent at same time. 

1 hour ago, rhuntington3 said:

Yeah, they probably can't say more specific information due to customer data privacy concerns.  My county here in Texas is shelter in place through at least April 3, 2020.  Luckily I have no symptoms so far.

We had a meeting at work and were told one of our co-workers had TB.  They didn't tell us who it was, not even the gender, but the health official said if we had contact with this unknown person we needed to get tested.  No wonder why with rules like this the virus will spread.

2 minutes ago, Junkhouse said:

We had a meeting at work and were told one of our co-workers had TB.  They didn't tell us who it was, not even the gender, but the health official said if we had contact with this unknown person we needed to get tested.  No wonder why with rules like this the virus will spread.

Ugh.  Be safe!

1 hour ago, OACAggie said:

We were on Oasis too. Still symptom free.

Hope everyone washy washy-ed enough!

I know both ships were together in Costa Maya, so what are the chances only 1 person per ship? ...with letters going out at same time for both! 

i am not trying to read much into it, but seems strange both letters were sent at same time. 

That's the thing you never know, it could even be that only one person brought it onto one of the ships, and the other person caught it while in Costa Maya. Heck it could even be someone from the TUI Mein Schiff that gave it to people on both Oasis and Harmony. 

Edited by Jzx1103

4 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

There is a good chance that the person could have even been infected after they got off the ship.  The incubation period is 2 -14 days, so it could have been anywhere.

Yep, big difference in the number of cases between the 8th and the 15th.  Flights home, definite possibility. 

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Seriously? Have you ever walked down the Royal Promenade? At times you can be packed just as close to people as in Time Square in NYC on New Years eve. You have no idea who you have had exposure to.

Especially during the $ 10 sales.

• Like 1