One BIG question...

Bruin Steve

...mainly since I'm bored and don't have my summer cruises to look forward to...

Okay, here goes:

News story:  "Feb 27, 2020 - The final guests just left the coronavirus-struck cruise ship Diamond Princess after 39 days..."

Question:  Do those passengers get 39 days of extra credit toward their Captain's Circle standing???

😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I would guess No.

However, I heard they are receiving FCC.

If these ever get applied to anyone's account I'd like to hear about it.

I would also expect benefits to start disappearing for elites etc.

I was looking at cruises to spend my $9,000 FCC on and noticed Princess only wants $500 pp for the refundable deposit fare.

The current cruise I have booked has a $1.00 pp deposit on it.

Appreciate your post

I can't watch the news anymore, it's all gloom and doom! I check news apps once a day in the morning to see what is going on and that's it. Otherwise I have to keep my anxiety down by doing fun things. I've been baking and having afternoon tea for one with my pretty teacups, reading romantic comedy books and watching funny movies. Distraction works very well! I can't wait to start reading all the fun threads about cruising again. I have cruises booked for October and November this year and sure hope I get to go on them!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

I can't watch the news anymore, it's all gloom and doom! I check news apps once a day in the morning to see what is going on and that's it. Otherwise I have to keep my anxiety down by doing fun things. I've been baking and having afternoon tea for one with my pretty teacups, reading romantic comedy books and watching funny movies. Distraction works very well! I can't wait to start reading all the fun threads about cruising again. I have cruises booked for October and November this year and sure hope I get to go on them!

Yes, we understand.

I did hear Bill Gates on CNN the other night. He had predicted a pandemic 5 years ago. However, it is very sad to watch what is happening worldwide.

My heart also goes out to the children. My gd is out of school, probably until Sept. I just ordered an interesting 3D castle puzzle for her. This certainly has slowed the world down.

Edited by dog

11 minutes ago, dog said:

Yes, we understand.

I did hear Bill Gates on CNN the other night. He had predicted a pandemic 5 years ago. However, it is very sad to watch what is happening worldwide.

My heart also goes out to the children. My gd is out of school, probably until Sept. I just ordered an interesting 3D castle puzzle for her. This certainly has slowed the world down.

at least now we can "see" our kids / grandkids when we call them … meet George Jetson ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

at least now we can "see" our kids / grandkids when we call them … meet George Jetson ...

Not me. I'm still in self isolation after returning from Ft. Lauderdale---14 days.

1 minute ago, dog said:

Text for now. I don’t do other 

My lawyer facetimed me the other day to sign an affidavit … that he then notarized to submit to the court ( which is now shut down , of course ) … new law in Florida 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

...mainly since I'm bored and don't have my summer cruises to look forward to...

Okay, here goes:

News story:  "Feb 27, 2020 - The final guests just left the coronavirus-struck cruise ship Diamond Princess after 39 days..."

Question:  Do those passengers get 39 days of extra credit toward their Captain's Circle standing???

😏

Getting back to your original question, I don't have an answer but I was wondering similar things. The Pacific Princess is on her way back to Honolulu with passengers that couldn't be flown home from Australia and the Coral Princess is on her way back to Fort Lauderdale in a similar situation. I too have wondered what their records will eventually show. Not that it's a big deal but like you, I'm curious.

Steve,

I enjoy your lighter thoughts.  Indeed, it is growing weary, watching/reading/listening to news that doesn't seem to get any better.  We now have five cases in our county when we were told there was one!  I'm also growing weary of getting up at 6:00 (because I'm of that group that may not be permitted to sail again without a dispensation from my doc!!!) and getting dressed to go to our nearby supermarket to shop for all necessities in the hopes I may get something before the regular end-of-the-world crowd rushes in and wipes the shelves clean.  Rumor has it that the local gun shops sold out like Black Friday and even the farm supply stores have no ammunition. Visiting neighbors isn't fun anymore, toasting with a glass of wine six feet apart in the middle of the street, just doesn't get it...but then, hey, we ARE healthy, and can read these posts and smile, and conjecture on the cruise future, and hope for the best.  Meanwhile, i hope everyone held over on any ship does indeed get some extra cruise day credit.

They’ll create a new loyalty level for folks who come back to Princess after going through the ordeal of quarantine. Let’s call it Fortitude level 🙂 What fun perks could they offer to Fortitude level passengers? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

skype … facetime … zoom ?

My daughter's class had a Zoom pajama party the other night. I'm sure it was probably the first time for any of them (her class is 1 to 3 grade).  It was quite possibly the most chaotic thing I've ever seen.  She actually fell asleep right about the end of it.  Later she said it was crazy. haha.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I as on a RCCL cruise when this whole thing went down in March, I was told we would get the future cruise credit for the cruise we were on that got derailed.  I was told because I stayed on board, I would get the future cruise credit, but I'll believe it when I see it. Honestly not something I am concerned about, but with all the time on my hands I looked it up and so far I haven't gotten any points.

5 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

They’ll create a new loyalty level for folks who come back to Princess after going through the ordeal of quarantine. Let’s call it Fortitude level 🙂 What fun perks could they offer to Fortitude level passengers? 

Maybe toilet paper?  The new gold

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, dog said:

Here's the transcript of that Ted Talk:  https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/bill-gates-ted-talk-transcript-from-2015-warns-of-pandemics-epidemics

And here's the video: 

Gates was eerily prescient!

IMO, Princess is treating displaced pax very well.  I would expect besides the credits and refunds, pax will get the credit equal to their full cruise.  Nothing less if cruise aborted; nothing more if cruise extended trying to find a port to disembark as that extension is N/C to pax AFAIK and getting free communication in the meantime.

• Like 1

If I am nit mistaken, the tax is not refundable. You will be refunded the full sum without the tax. Especially if you requested refund a few weeks prior to departure. I would suggest to go over with whatever refund you get. Something is better than nothing really. Call their office to clarify this info

26 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

If I am nit mistaken, the tax is not refundable. You will be refunded the full sum without the tax. Especially if you requested refund a few weeks prior to departure. I would suggest to go over with whatever refund you get. Something is better than nothing really. Call their office to clarify this info

I been refunded everything so far with some FCC. Just ran my budget (online -- thank you USAA) and I've only got 7600 on hold with Princess. Wow I've bought that many Gift Cards.  I'm a happy camper if my 2 Transatlantics happen. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To the OP,  yes.

Was on the Carnival Panorama sailing which was delayed a day in Long Beach due to the possibility of a passenger having the virus on March 8. Just looked at my acct, they gave me an extra day...BTW first time we have cruised Carnival since our honeymoon 30+  years ago.

Also on another sailing where we lost a day with Princess they credit us full with cruise day credit.

Unfortunately for us our next trips were land to Oberammergau and the Olympics, seems to me Princess has been very generous if though slow with their offers, at least at this time. Hopefully they remain solvent.

The land vendors are not as forth coming with info or money both want us to transfer our trips to 2022 and 2021 respectfully, the only way to not lose  out on our fully paid trips and air still might be penalized.

The unknown sucks....doesn't it?  but rather be dealing with this than sick or losing family members.

Have chosen to book cruises with my FCD for the fall and beyond. Figured they might as well not sit there. If you are doing the same make sure to book refundable fares. I had a recent situation where it showed refundable on line and the rep booked me as non-refundable, both were the same price. Was able to resolve it but had to go to customer relations.

Edited by land lover
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, land lover said:

To the OP,  yes.

Was on the Carnival Panorama sailing which was delayed a day in Long Beach due to the possibility of a passenger having the virus on March 8. Just looked at my acct, they gave me an extra day...BTW first time we have cruised Carnival since our honeymoon 30+  years ago.

Also on another sailing where we lost a day with Princess they credit us full with cruise day credit.

Unfortunately for us our next trips were land to Oberammergau and the Olympics, seems to me Princess has been very generous if though slow with their offers, at least at this time. Hopefully they remain solvent.

The land vendors are not as forth coming with info or money both want us to transfer our trips to 2022 and 2021 respectfully, the only way to not lose  out on our fully paid trips and air still might be penalized.

The unknown sucks....doesn't it?  but rather be dealing with this than sick or losing family members.

Have chosen to book cruises with my FCD for the fall and beyond. Figured they might as well not sit there. If you are doing the same make sure to book refundable fares. I had a recent situation where it showed refundable on line and the rep booked me as non-refundable, even though she told be it was refundable. Both were the same price. Was able to resolve it but had to go to customer relations.

3 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I received the taxes and fees on one one credit card and the refund for excursions on my other credit card the same day I cancelled. Totals matched the chatges on my booking receipt 

• Like 1