Any news from the Amsterdam?

mame42

Our home away from home is in the anchorage in Manila.  I noticed that the Ruby Princess was right behind the Amsterdam so I went to the webcam on the Ruby and grabbed this off of it.  So nice to see "our" ship! 

Linda R.

ADam_Manila.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 7.41.29 PM.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cccole said:

Copper 10-8, The thought of all these ships in Manila Bay reminds me of flying into Panama City and seeing all the ships waiting for their turn to go through the Canal.  I just love the view, day or night.  Different circumstances indeed,  but a large gathering of vessels.  Thanks for all the good info.  Cherie  

Reminds me of one of those World War II pics of a U.S. Navy task force in the Pacific

• Like 7

Btw, Amsterdam, Royal Princess and Sapphire Princess have now joined the Manila Bay group with Carnival Spirit and Pacific Area still underway

1. Eurodam - Holland America Line

2. Amsterdam - Holland America Line

3. Royal Princess - Princess Cruises

4. Sapphire Princess - Princess Cruises

5. Golden Princess - Princess Cruises

6. Sea Princess - Princess Cruises

7. Ruby Princess - Princess Cruises

8. Sun Princess - Princess Cruises

9. Majestic Princess - Princess Cruises

10. Queen Elizabeth - Cunard

11. Voyager of the Seas - Royal Caribbean

12. Ovation of the Seas - Royal Caribbean

13. Celebrity Solstice - Celebrity Cruises

14. Costa Venezia - Costa Crociere

15. Costa Neoromantica - Costa Crociere

16. Costa Serena - Costa Crociere

17. Carnival Splendor - Carnival Cruise Line

18. Carnival Panorama - Carnival Cruise Line

19. Pacific Explorer - P&O Australia

20. Pacific Dawn - P&O Australia

21. Explorer Dream - Dream Cruises

Enroute/on the way:

22. Pacific Aria (the former HAL Ryndam) - P&O Australia 

23. Carnival Spirit - Carnival Cruises 

• Like 2

Updated lineup in Manila Bay:

19. Carnival Spirit - Carnival Cruise Line

20. Pacific Aria - P&O Australia

21. Pacific Explorer - P&O Australia

22. Pacific Dawn - P&O Australia

23. Explorer Dream - Dream Cruises

Enroute/on the way:

24. Noordam - Holland America Line - eta 22 May

25. Westerdam - Holland America Line - eta 22 May 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Updated lineup in Manila Bay:

19. Carnival Spirit - Carnival Cruise Line

20. Pacific Aria - P&O Australia

21. Pacific Explorer - P&O Australia

22. Pacific Dawn - P&O Australia

23. Explorer Dream - Dream Cruises

Enroute/on the way:

24. Noordam - Holland America Line - eta 22 May

25. Westerdam - Holland America Line - eta 22 May 

John, That is quite a mob,   If they all quarantine for 14 days, they will be there most of the summer.

12 minutes ago, Himself said:

John, That is quite a mob,   If they all quarantine for 14 days, they will be there most of the summer.

Not sure about ALL the ships there, but our Amsterdam is hoping to have the crew able to leave after they get tested.  No one of the ship is sick, nor have they ever been sick.  So, once the officials get to them and test them, they should be able to leave once the results come back.

Linda R.

......who is finally taking the counter off her profile since today she was supposed to be getting home..not 2 months early.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 1.13.28 PM.png

1 hour ago, cruzingnut said:

Not sure about ALL the ships there, but our Amsterdam is hoping to have the crew able to leave after they get tested.  No one of the ship is sick, nor have they ever been sick.  So, once the officials get to them and test them, they should be able to leave once the results come back.

Linda R.

......who is finally taking the counter off her profile since today she was supposed to be getting home..not 2 months early.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 1.13.28 PM.png

According to one of Captain Mercer's posts, that will also include a fourteen-day quarantine period onboard before non-essential Filipino crew will be allowed to set foot on their homeland

"Should we be successful, we will then move on towards Manila, 5-days steaming away and join the 15 or so cruise ships, (more coming), which are disembarking their Filipino crew.  This involves a quarantine period on board,  in isolation, (14-days at the moment), 2 covid-19 tests, conducted by the Philippine Red Cross and Coast Guard and, if all is well, they can disembark.  More about that at a later date"

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1

Copper 10-8 - Great photo of WWII Navy task force.  Probably a more accurate image of Manila Bay.  Thank goodness, though, that the current ships in Manila Bay are not packed with young U.S. sailors at war.    Cherie 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

According to one of Captain Mercer's posts, that will also include a fourteen-day quarantine period onboard before non-essential Filipino crew will be allowed to set foot on their homeland

"Should we be successful, we will then move on towards Manila, 5-days steaming away and join the 15 or so cruise ships, (more coming), which are disembarking their Filipino crew.  This involves a quarantine period on board,  in isolation, (14-days at the moment), 2 covid-19 tests, conducted by the Philippine Red Cross and Coast Guard and, if all is well, they can disembark.  More about that at a later date"

That might have been the plan then, but I think it has changed.  Things changed almost daily when we were still onboard and as we all know, they have continued to change throughout this whole mess.  Hopefully Captain Mercer will post a new blog in a day or so once he gets done with all the paperwork I imagine is clogging his desk right now.   I do hope the crew gets off soon; all they need is to be tested, they are all fine. 

Linda R.

Philip Stolte posted this on FB   (Amsterdam)

Just received the news that I’m going home on the 16th, flying home from Manila to Amsterdam on Qatar Airlines at 18.35 pm together with a few other Dutch crew members, thanks to the Dutch Embassy

Also today some Amsterdam crew,

Some Indonesian crew left the Hotel today after 7 days and are on their way to Bali.

They are now waiting for the Filipino crew to get permision to go on shore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Some of the Australian based ships would have been in Manila bay for over 14 days. Sun Princess left Sydney on 31 March,  Sea Princess from Brisbane on 3April, and the last 2 ships to leave from Australia was Carnival Spirit which went directly to Manila early April. I wonder if these crew members have been sent home yet? 

16 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Some of the Australian based ships would have been in Manila bay for over 14 days. Sun Princess left Sydney on 31 March,  Sea Princess from Brisbane on 3April, and the last 2 ships to leave from Australia was Carnival Spirit which went directly to Manila early April. I wonder if these crew members have been sent home yet? 

You ask a good question.

Update from Manila Bay;  Nothing appears easy in the world we currently live in! Typhoon VongFong (AMBO) is approaching the Philippines from the south, forcing the closure of the port of Manila and all airline flights postponed and/or cancelled until Midnight on May 16th. Several of the 23 cruise ships in Manila Bay, incl. Eurodam, have already left the bay to head to open sea in an attempt to stay clear of the approaching typhoon and its powerful winds and rain. Amsterdam will soon follow and head to open sea and will try again to disembark her non-essential Filipino crew again after VongFong passes. What is a mother to do............

Image may contain: outdoor and water

ambo20_09

ambo20_09_zoom

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Update from Manila Bay;  Nothing appears easy in the world we currently live in! Typhoon VongFong (AMBO) is approaching the Philippines from the south, forcing the closure of the port of Manila and all airline flights postponed and/or cancelled until Midnight on May 16th. Several of the 23 cruise ships in Manila Bay, incl. Eurodam, have already left the bay to head to open sea in an attempt to stay clear of the approaching typhoon and its powerful winds and rain. Amsterdam will soon follow and head to open sea and will try again to disembark her non-essential Filipino crew again after VongFong passes. What is a mother to do............

I hope this temporary departure doesn't reset the 14-day quarantine calendar.

Roy

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I hope this temporary departure doesn't reset the 14-day quarantine calendar.

Roy

Nope.  There isn't a 14 day quarantine thank heavens; just 4 days.  The crew (thankfully) got tested yesterday.  Once they get the all clear they should be getting off.  Of course, they will have to get back to Manila, along with all the other ships.  Hope that's not too much of a mess but at this point, who knows!  Here's a screen shot of the mass exodus from Manila Bay.

Linda R.

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 9.59.39 AM.png

Edited by cruzingnut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I figured this would happen when I saw it pop up when yesterday I was checking on what we have potentially developing off the east coast and the Bahamas. All the ships out in that area are certainly keeping a eye on things and will go accordingly. We are being told that this area of weather that could potentially develop into something will be moving away from us and the east coast. The area of concern is actually currently in the Florida Straits between Cuba and Florida accoding to the National Hurricane Center and  NOAA.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=2

Edited by rjbean4

15 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

What is a mother to do............

What sacrifice must be made to King Neptune to calm the seas and allow these souls get to their homes?

The biblical account of Job keeps coming to my mind for those folks.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

What sacrifice must be made to King Neptune to calm the seas and allow these souls get to their homes?

The biblical account of Job keeps coming to my mind for those folks.

Maybe instead of waiting til the end of the world cruises to do the Neptune Ceremony, it should be done the first time we cross the Equator. 🌏🌎🌍  We crossed it many times and were supposed to do it this month but it hasn't been done at all.  Oh dear, King Neptune must be severely peeved!  😱🤴

Linda R.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Himself said:

I hope the ships can avoid the typhoon.

They'll get out of its path, Father! It's projected to pass more east of Manila and the cruise ship flotilla will be west of; they'll get rained on more than likely

• Like 1