Any news from the Amsterdam?

mame42

4 hours ago, billbunger said:

Sorry, but I think you are virtue signaling. HAL is responsible for their employees not me, I want my refund, there is no way that I should be great full for what HAL maybe doing with their staff. There are many people who need their refund. If you want to shed tears over the situation that is fine, but stop lecturing me about being ungrateful and accusing me of being a complainer.

Seems obvious to me that your bank account is more important than compassion for your fellow man.  

• Like 5

The Filipino crew are still onboard the Amsterdam. They are hoping that they will be released on Monday (late Sunday our time). Just heard from Dining Room Steward Waya that he is finally home in Bali after 14 days quarantine in a hotel, a 24 hours bus ride to Bali.. and now he has to do another 14 day quarantine at home. But at least he is with his family.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:  I realize there are some who really need their refund at this time, we are lucky in that we feel very cared for in Canada and can wait - although I'm beginning to wonder after I went to the grocery store this morning!  Prices seem to go up on a regular basis.

We are with family in Spruce Grove AB, I purchased some cherries today at a Safeway and paid $12.81 for two pounds. The $12.81 was after a $4.27 discount so the original price for two pounds of cherries was $17.08 and that is crazy.

BTW there is no need for you to apologize for expressing your feelings.

2 hours ago, Storylady said:

The Filipino crew are still onboard the Amsterdam. They are hoping that they will be released on Monday (late Sunday our time). Just heard from Dining Room Steward Waya that he is finally home in Bali after 14 days quarantine in a hotel, a 24 hours bus ride to Bali.. and now he has to do another 14 day quarantine at home. But at least he is with his family.

A bus to Bali?

Cooper10-8,

Any chance you can get an update on our luggage?  Once they cycle the crew off the only thing left on board is our luggage which I hope to see again at some point.  Last we heard they were putting it in containers and shipping it to the US from Asia.  Not sure from which port or when.  Before long we will see stories on luggage being held captive at sea.

• Like 2

So happy to hear that some of the crew is nearing the end of this epic journey.

Happy that they will soon be home with family, but sad that  there is still

so many unknowns.  Safe travel to all still left aboard, also safe travels

to the many cases left aboard.     

Sheryll reported on Facebook today (9 hours ago) that a shoreside tender picked up Captain Jereon yo take to the Amsterdam. So Captain Jonathan maybe saying goodbye to the Amsterdam and finally retiring very soon.

Few minutes past noon today, the ship’s tender picked Jeroen up shoreside. Jeroen is now safely onboard the Amsterdam, together with the myriad of floating ships in Manila Bay. 

Edited by Storylady
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Instant answers: whenever I wonder about where a place is or what some distances are I just Google the place name and click on the map that comes up. From Jakarta it is 500 road miles to the eastern tip of the island of Java. Then it is a 3 mile vehicle ferry ride across to the island of Bali. Yup, fits a 24 hour bus ride.

Sorry to hear of the repeated quarantines for the returning crews.

Bill

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Thanks Sharon; Yes, I did read Philip's FB account; Happy for him to make it home after a mere 8 months onboard A'dam

Did you see the photo of him crashed out on the couch with caption, “the Flying Dutchman is out of business”?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Storylady said:

Did you see the photo of him crashed out on the couch with caption, “the Flying Dutchman is out of business”?

Yes, in police code, he would definitely be "10-7" 😉  We won't see him back to work until the fall, at the earliest, prob more like winter

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes, in police code, he would definitely be "10-7" 😉  We won't see him back to work until the fall, at the earliest, prob more like winter

I had to look the code up: “out of service”. He definitely needs it after all the adventures aboard the Amsterdam. The saga still continues. Hopefully, the Filipino crew will depart soon now that Captain Jereon is aboard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes Sir, kinda like a slow ride to China 😉 

테스트

I got a good laugh out of this photo, and it reminded me of the Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, and Dorothy Lamour movie, Road to Bali.  Cherie

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, datolim said:

Hope at last for the Serenity crew and others

MANILA (Reuters) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has given his government a week to process some 24,000 repatriated Filipino workers stuck for weeks on cruise ships or in coronavirus quarantine, so they can finally go home

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/world/2020/05/25/philippine-leader-answers-call-of-workers-begging-to-go-home

Reported this morning on the Crystal Forum.  Explorer Dream has crew from Crystal Serenity in Manila.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is May 26th in Manila. Theresa, one of the Amsterdam DRM Wine Stewards just posted that Captain Jonathan and Karen left the Amsterdam yesterday.

Today DRM Wine Steward posted that he had received his disembarkation packet. It looks like the Filipino crew will disembark today. So thrilled for everyone. They tried to keep their spirits up, but it really must have been hard with the sight of Manila so close and not being able to go ashore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hats Off To Capt. Mercer !  He handled a difficult situation very well.

He will be missed by many. We wish him well.

Edited by DFD1
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Storylady said:

It is May 26th in Manila. Theresa, one of the Amsterdam DRM Wine Stewards just posted that Captain Jonathan and Karen left the Amsterdam yesterday.

Today DRM Wine Steward posted that he had received his disembarkation packet. It looks like the Filipino crew will disembark today. So thrilled for everyone. They tried to keep their spirits up, but it really must have been hard with the sight of Manila so close and not being able to go ashore.

Russell is one of the lucky Filipinos that is disembarking today. But unfortunately not all the Filipinos have been released. Thought it would be everyone. But apparently not!

• Like 1