Azamara refund problems (merged)

larhode

9 hours ago, jhepf1222 said:

Hi 

which e mail address for Azamara did you use, will try and contact them.

I emailed this address :AzamaraGuestRelations@AzamaraClubCruises.com

My response from Azamara came from: azamaracustomerserviceuk@azamara.com

I would suggest you contact the UK address

23 hours ago, Alphabravo said:

I was booked on the 26/4/20 cruise which was cancelled. I received a refund of my deposit, as I requested, on 13/5/20. That is not bad. In fact considering all that is going on, it is excellent!

I am now wondering what to do about a cruise booked for 28th August. 

I'm glad you were able to get a refund.  If you were booked on the Journey, that is the same booking I had.  I am still waiting for full refunds.  I had made a detailed post some time ago and it appears to have been removed.  I have avoided posting here since then to avoid adding any more frustration for myself.  I have continued lurking here - looking for ideas on how to proceed.  Still unsure what of what will be best.

@royallondon – I just checked your posting history.  None of your posts have been removed (until these latest ones questioning board moderation).

But the way to ask this type of question is to send an email to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com as explained in the sticky How to Deal With "Difficult" Posts or Threads on this Board at the top of this page.

On 5/25/2020 at 12:42 PM, Kcbates said:

Partial refund

Has anyone else received a partial refund of the Journey trip from Singapore to Dubai that was scheduled for April 11?  We are still shorted $775.  The first refunds we received were in two separate amounts that did not equal any of the charges for our cruise.  We have not received any communication to explain the part refund calculations and are very curious if we will see the missing monies.  We did not cancel, rather we waited for Azamara to cancel.  We requested a full refund rather than FCC.  Curious is others are having a similar experience.

Very pleased for you  Madam33B  that you have got back most of your  money. Our cruise was the one before yours Sydney to Singapore cancelled by Azamara .We have not received a cent refund yet. T.A. keeps saying be patient and I have also contacted Azamara Customer Service but no response.
I just don’t understand the randomness of the process.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hamwen3839 said:

Very pleased for you  Madam33B  that you have got back most of your  money. Our cruise was the one before yours Sydney to Singapore cancelled by Azamara .We have not received a cent refund yet. T.A. keeps saying be patient and I have also contacted Azamara Customer Service but no response.
I just don’t understand the randomness of the process.

No actual refund only the money I paid for the indulgence package 

I have contacted Azamara and they told me to ring the travel agent

They  only have 3 boats can’t believe it has been 10 weeks since cancellations and I only heard about cancelation from another cruise member on our trip 

Needless to say should I ever cruise again it will be with Regent Crystal or Viking who have all given refunds 

Azamara will be last on my list

i would be interested to know who has received refunds from the Singapore to Dubai cruise

3 hours ago, Madam33b said:

Needless to say should I ever cruise again it will be with Regent Crystal or Viking who have all given refunds 

Horsefeathers!!  Good luck with that one.  We are still waiting for our Crystal refund.  Check the Crystal forum and see for yourself how many of their customers are just as mad as Azamara's.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madam33b said:

No actual refund only the money I paid for the indulgence package 

I have contacted Azamara and they told me to ring the travel agent

They  only have 3 boats can’t believe it has been 10 weeks since cancellations and I only heard about cancelation from another cruise member on our trip 

i would be interested to know who has received refunds from the Singapore to Dubai cruise

And check on the Regent board, there is a thread they are keeping a spreadsheet for returns and the response has been pathetic there as well.  Not discounting Azamara's seeming incompetence but, pretty much the same for most cruiselines including the ones you want to go to.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, rallydave said:

And check on the Regent board, there is a thread they are keeping a spreadsheet for returns and the response has been pathetic there as well.  Not discounting Azamara's seeming incompetence but, pretty much the same for most cruiselines including the ones you want to go to.

I think it's all about cash flow and the cruise lines wanting to hold onto $$$ as long as they can. It appears most, if not all, of them are doing this. 

2 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I think it's all about cash flow and the cruise lines wanting to hold onto $$$ as long as they can. It appears most, if not all, of them are doing this. 

Fair point but cash flow doesn’t explain the non existent future cruise credits though 🙂 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rallydave said:

And check on the Regent board, there is a thread they are keeping a spreadsheet for returns and the response has been pathetic there as well. 

That is most interesting!

On 5/27/2020 at 8:47 PM, Madam33b said:

Good news

After sending a 3rd email to Azamara, and posting our experience on this helpful discussion group, we have received a full refund.  The refund came in 3 random amounts, but they do total all funds paid.  Thank you for sharing your stories.  Hopeful everyone received their refunds and we can get cruising again real soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2020 at 10:47 PM, Madam33b said:

We are in a very similar situation. Was booked on an April 5 sailing and received two random amounts several weeks ago , shorted about $700. Travel agent said we may have to wait 90 working days for balance. 

Good news - We finally received the remainder of our refund on our March 28 to April 14, 2020 Azamara Quest cruise from Dubai to Athens on May 27, 2020. I do understand this whole situation with the COVID-19 Pandemic is unprecedented. I am grateful we received our refund but I question how RCL has managed the refund process.

I do NOT understand why some people get refunds processed immediately - others are getting small amounts refunded over time and there is great discrepancy regarding when refund request is made, date of sailing and when refunds are actually processed. 

I am greatly peeved that Azamara has had MY hard earned money to utilize INTEREST FREE - deposit of ~$3000 since August 2019 & the Balance of the cruise since November 2019. The March 28 - April 14,2020 cruise was cancelled March 13, 2020.

Our Travel Agent requested our refund (as directed by us) for that cruise on March 17,2020.

On April 21 we received 45% of our refund

On April 27 we received further 5%

On April 28 we received 2 more amounts providing ~20%

On May 27 we received the final 30% - the major portion being our Choice Air fare.

Perhaps.... rather than having some of the unfortunate passengers provide interest free loans to Azamara, they could reach out to Cruiseline executives? Perhaps, Lawrence Pimentel , former President & CEO of Azamara Club Cruises who sold $1.9 million USD value of RCL shares on February 6, 2020. You can follow further trading activity for President Pimentel up to February 13,2020 @ fintel.io/n/pimentel-lawrence-r    President Pimentel chose to resign as President of Azamara on April 16, 2020.  Is it not bad form for a CEO/President to "jump a sinking ship"?

Quote from Luxury Travel Advisor website April 17, 2020 "Pimentel determined it was the right time to step down from the brand amid discussions regarding how to best help the cruise line bear the brunt of cutbacks, RCL Chairman and CEO Richard Fain said in a company memo and reported by Seatrade Cruise News."

The majority of our cruises have been with Celebrity Cruise Lines - of the RCL family.  After monitoring the manner in which the various cruise lines have managed these tumultuous times, I have been very disappointed with RCL and would be more likely to book any future cruise with Carnival ( specifically Princess or Holland America) or Viking.

Finally, I received a full refund for the Canceled TA in April.

It came in 4 random amounts over the last 6 weeks.

I am still waiting for ChoiceAir to refund my AA flight to Miami.

I am ready to cruise again with Azamara but there must be a better way to process refunds!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travlinjustintime said:

Good news - We finally received the remainder of our refund on our March 28 to April 14, 2020 Azamara Quest cruise from Dubai to Athens on May 27, 2020. I do understand this whole situation with the COVID-19 Pandemic is unprecedented. I am grateful we received our refund but I question how RCL has managed the refund process.I do NOT understand why some people get refunds processed immediately - others are getting small amounts refunded over time and there is great discrepancy regarding when refund request is made, date of sailing and when refunds are actually processed. I am greatly peeved that Azamara has had MY hard earned money to utilize INTEREST FREE <snip>

I usually use the "I want to earn interest on my own money" argument, but these days, my accounts are also interest-free. 😉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, greeneyedgirl58 said:

We are in a very similar situation. Was booked on an April 5 sailing and received two random amounts several weeks ago , shorted about $700. Travel agent said we may have to wait 90 working days for balance. 

I got back two separate amounts, one of which matched the taxes and fees. I am also waiting on about $700. Interesting that you're waiting on a similar amount. (Is yours $674.08, by chance?)

21 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I got back two separate amounts, one of which matched the taxes and fees. I am also waiting on about $700. Interesting that you're waiting on a similar amount. (Is yours $674.08, by chance?)

We are waiting on $660. Last refund was on April 25, one matched taxes and fees also. So frustrating!