Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Bucky seems to be concerned on how tackle all that sandwich.  My concern is more about the empty wine glass. 

LOL...it wasn't empty for long.  Drats...when you don't get your food in a timely manner...that wine just sits there and evaporates before you even get the food!!  Must be cheap wine.  😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 7/4/2021 at 10:52 AM, Lionesss said:

Today as the spouse completes his “Honey Do” list, and that should be keeping him out of the house ( my hair) for hours. I am tagging and labeling the place cards for the dinner reception. Now mind you we designed these  months back and had to include their two dogs who will be celebrating at home. They loved this idea  These two took me 10 min to do.  I’m doomed. 217 left to do. I hope it takes less time the more I do. Wish me luck. 

D0C632D9-0FE9-43B7-830A-06F47CEC14B9.jpeg

Beautuiful, Lioness!!!

So our microwave decided it would work but only if you pop open the door with a screwdriver!  The push button broke just as my granddaughter was dying to try the new stuffed  Eggos.  Anyway, she got her Eggos after the screwdriver came out🤪However, Charlie said we had to get a new microwave because he was not going to use the screwdriver, what a killjoy🥴

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

mets07

Candlewood Lake does cover a very large area,with a lot of communities. It is a lovely place for a vacation and a weekend/ retirement home.

I recall that part of the lake is near Danbury. I went to the Danbury Fair a few times ,then it was built into the Danbury Mall. Visited the mall a few times also as DH and I have friends who lived in Katonah,NY.

I loved going to the Danbury Fair.  I used to go with my mom, and then my DH and our 3 DD's when they were little.  I have a picture of our oldest DD on a pony there.  I was sad to see it go.  I have happy memories of being there with our girls.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My daughter loves cotton candy grapes.  Mad expensive but yes it tastes like cotton candy.  I prefer regular.

I can only eat a few of the cotton candy grapes at a time...too sweet for me!

Phew!  I'm finally caught up with you all!  We've been busy having 8 trees taken down.  The tree company did a great job, it took 2 days in the horrendous heat and humidity we had last week.  After watching them work during those conditions, I don't know how DH worked with his FDNY helmet and turnout coat for all those years.

ReneeFLL, Please wish Mike a Happy Birthday!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Ocean Boy I see you are back.  Hope you were enjoying life🎆🦀🧜‍♀️

Actually, dealing with some family matters and wasn't in the mood to deal with some of the snark on the boards. But it is hard to stay away for long.

Nice knowing my little break was noticed, thanks.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Very cool!  Thanks for sharing.  She's amazing.

She's definitely the current "rock star" captain in the RC family.  I'd say that it used to be Captain Johnny and before him, maybe Captain Bill Wright when Oasis was built.  Social Media, and her hairless cat, has definitely played a big role in Captain Kate's popularity.  I wouldn't be surprised to see her get promoted into a front office executive role like Captain Wright did, assuming that she'd want that.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Actually, dealing with some family matters and wasn't in the mood to deal with some of the snark on the boards. But it is hard to stay away for long.

I hope matters are improving.  We were worried about you and hoping it wasnt a forced break.   Somedays I dont go to other threads as I cannot stand the snark either.  Its now nice to read reviews from actual sailings.

Hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend🎆🦀🧜‍♀️🚣‍♂️👙🤩

• Like 4

We are having a nice holiday weekend.  We went to parade this morning.  Great to be able to have parades again.

This afternoon, we have had friends and neighbors coming and going.  Now a null in the festivities.  

We are about 2 blocks away from the carnival that started at 5 or 6 pm for the remainder of the week.

Our road and others in this area are in lockdown to keep open incase of an emergency as traffic becomes insane around here today.  As of 530 only allowed to drive in my neighborhood if your drivers license matches up.  Otherwise police barricades at end of each block turn you away.

So neighbors will be back over in a bit to play more horseshoes, which I'm not so good at but have fun.

Fireworks display starts at 9:35

We get a decent view from backyard but this year we may just have to walk closer to see the ground displays.  I'll try to take pictures with my cell phone.

• Like 4

Our moving truck shows up tomorrow morning.  It will be nice to get some of our things so that we can start to live a more normal life again, but I'm NOT looking forward to dealing with all of those boxes.  It will still be months though until we can make some of the house changes that we want to make.  I talked to an AV installer about putting speakers in our ceiling and on our patio.  He has 45 Sonos Amps on backorder and isn't expecting them until October.  We went to an appliance store to look at under counter refrigerators.  Very few models even on their show floor as people have bought the demo models off the floor.  The sales lady was hesitant to even give us a delivery date as she said they constantly get pushed further back.  Went to an outdoor kitchen place to talk about getting a kitchen installed.  It's currently taking months to get things delivered.  Wow.

In the meantime, I'm still using a cheap Walmart folding table as a computer desk.  I did get a new toy today...a yoke for Microsoft Flight Simulator.  Unfortunately, the matching throttle/auto pilot is also backordered for months.  At least I can now use the Flight Sim software.  Trying to fly with a keyboard just doesn't work.  I flew around Amelia Island a bit and the realism is amazing, since it's based off satellite images.  I was able to see the roof of our house.

fltsim.thumb.jpg.ed3cab596ae1dc5ecbcede64821bda62.jpg

• Like 9

Our fireworks are this evening also.  Our town always has the fireworks on July 3rd, weather permitting.  Well, this year, weather wasn't permitting it with the rain forecast.  We didn't have the rain, but they postponed it to be on the safe side.  We always had a huge 4th of July party at our house when we lived on Staten Island.  I miss that.  This is our fourth year living here in NJ, and we have been having our barbeques here on the 3rd, since we can watch the fireworks from our next door neighbor's front yard.  The fireworks are set off in the High School right behind our home, but the trees in our yard prevent us from viewing them.  

• Like 3

bobmacliberty...I'm sure you must be thrilled to finally be getting all of your belongings off of the truck.  When DH and I bought our first house back in '75, I was pregnant with twins (which we did not know at the time) and had our 2 year old daughter.  DH rented a truck, and our many friends helped us move with their trucks, also.  We couldn't believe how much we had to move.  Fast forward to 4 years ago, we hired a rental company.  Since we were only moving an hour away, we were fortunate that the truck arrived at our new home the same time we did.

Good luck emptying all of the boxes.  Not fun at all!  Hopefully you can get the changes to your home sooner than expected.🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our moving truck shows up tomorrow morning.  It will be nice to get some of our things so that we can start to live a more normal life again, but I'm NOT looking forward to dealing with all of those boxes.  It will still be months though until we can make some of the house changes that we want to make.  I talked to an AV installer about putting speakers in our ceiling and on our patio.  He has 45 Sonos Amps on backorder and isn't expecting them until October.  We went to an appliance store to look at under counter refrigerators.  Very few models even on their show floor as people have bought the demo models off the floor.  The sales lady was hesitant to even give us a delivery date as she said they constantly get pushed further back.  Went to an outdoor kitchen place to talk about getting a kitchen installed.  It's currently taking months to get things delivered.  Wow.

In the meantime, I'm still using a cheap Walmart folding table as a computer desk.  I did get a new toy today...a yoke for Microsoft Flight Simulator.  Unfortunately, the matching throttle/auto pilot is also backordered for months.  At least I can now use the Flight Sim software.  Trying to fly with a keyboard just doesn't work.  I flew around Amelia Island a bit and the realism is amazing, since it's based off satellite images.  I was able to see the roof of our house.

fltsim.thumb.jpg.ed3cab596ae1dc5ecbcede64821bda62.jpg

It is amazing that everything is still impacted by covid with backorders.  Wonder when that will get back to "normal".     

I'm not sure what is easier, packing or unpacking.  Hopefully it will all go smooth when they arrive.

• Like 1

We had our July 4th celebration today. Weather wasn’t great - pretty overcast and only got to 72 degrees, but at least no rain.  We had 8 adults, 2 boys ages 10 & 12, a toddler and an infant, and had enough food for easily 3 times that many.  Lots of leftovers for dinners tomorrow & Wednesday which is fine by me. 
Thursday we head to Atlantic City for a “free” night (LOL) at Harrah’s. Will spend the day on Friday in Ocean City NJ then drive about an hour to stay the rest of the weekend with oldest DD, SIL & 3 grandsons in PA.  
Looking forest to some better weather than this holiday weekend but I’m not sure it’s in the cards. 
I hope all of you in the path of Elsa stay safe! 

• Like 3

I am at least a day plus behind.  Happy birthday, anniversary, etc to all those celebrating.  

After packing in a full day in California on Saturday, and flying overnight to Cleveland and driving to PA, we kept up our pace on Sunday.  

Found a place that rented pedal boats, and took our California grandson for a few circuits around that small lake. 

F0F76A2B-3581-4231-A2C2-7C1EBE823F6D.thumb.jpeg.ee06b7c66d7aeed25ec9c8f344403b69.jpeg

Trying to figure if we will fit under the bridge

8F8425C3-26CB-486F-BFC8-37683E02ACBC.thumb.jpeg.9b81055f21d5120014e141b087d299e4.jpeg

Just barely, but you have to take down the roof and duck

639A0ED0-CC09-4107-9A74-76DD4D5466C3.thumb.jpeg.e41853346f1169f9a86cd8045f0a0eab.jpeg

A swan on the other side. 

51FEBB7B-680D-42B8-B584-9E5110E0A287.thumb.jpeg.5fcb6b696fc962568efa10010f796e42.jpeg

Plus we found some flowers along the trail after our workout. 

8FA29602-11B3-4C86-81F0-EB6AAC6A5102.thumb.jpeg.f1e9a0ce73cfb44bcc5d25ce3e9ec452.jpeg

And back home, our baby robins grew while we were away. 

B83AD76D-9873-4003-86AE-3DC200676665.thumb.jpeg.09b19c5388036c6ca39ca41a16ae49a8.jpeg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Welcome back. 

• Thanks 1

We kept pushing through our day, and through the fireworks last night.  By the time our heads hit the pillows, we had been up for 40 hours. 

It didn’t take long for the three amigos to find what trouble they could get into.  They picked right up, after not being together for 20 months. 

1F53E535-95D8-4E26-A50F-5ED57D2B703C.thumb.jpeg.75086bd007ab5af1f8e91c80da3d14ff.jpeg

And like any responsible grandpa, I told my 6 year old granddaughter, sure you can sit on the roof, as long as you can climb through the sunroof. 😁. This was the result. 

8312F9EC-AC2E-42BD-A55A-77871294F6DF.thumb.jpeg.8332017bd094329299b200bf4243c290.jpeg

I have no idea who a couple of the kids were that piled into the back of my vehicle. 

BB9A3F39-62A5-4E2A-AFF9-48064E4E83CB.thumb.jpeg.5edc5f225ad05b4c486c7647cab4525b.jpeg

A short video of one of the private fireworks from last night. 

• Like 14