Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

45 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like another great day, part 1.    

What kind of sandwich is that?  Its massive

Not @h20skibum but know those sandwiches well.  Primanti brothers is a Pittsburgh sandwich shop that is known for their large sandwiches, they ask if you want your fries on the sandwich.  My daughter went to Pitt and we always had to go when visiting.  Way too big but oh so good, multiple napkins needed.  Brought back great memories seeing that pic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What kind of sandwich is that?  Its massive

That one is called the Pitts-Burger.  Italian white bread, meat, melted provolone, tomatoes, fries, and coleslaw.  I like mine with lots of hot sauce, and every table has plenty.  Not a bad sandwich for less than $8.

• Like 4

We made it to Ballon Quest for part 2 of our day.  The carnival that was going on at the site was packed. 

A3FACD04-9B6C-42F0-ADFB-101DDEACE836.thumb.jpeg.c04f7cfd8763ac5f868d86a3e39ea900.jpeg

56087565-350B-4B44-9596-70298CB01EC9.thumb.jpeg.9aed2d00765068828e259f9f0e66d20f.jpeg

Of course, we had to play some carnival games to win a few prizes. 

3FF6481C-F947-45CE-8532-03EF5711E760.thumb.jpeg.a7aeb1e74bf0fcccdc0cfb1f89804ac1.jpeg

The baskets were set out for the balloons, and they checked their burners. 

82CA3CEA-989C-4C68-8D24-0552213F686A.thumb.jpeg.43e0d4f6df188af577a18fe7372c4c7d.jpeg

They were all firing their burners to various songs, while watching the weather.  

Not long after I took this, they announced the balloons would not be up, due to lightning in the area.  It started moving in about 3 hours ahead of the forecast, and the sky was really lighting up as we left. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

YES!!   That is the best.  I just made scrapple for breakfast this morning.  Usually dont eat large breakfast during weekdays before work but for some reason I was craving scrapple and eggs.  Havent had it since we got back home from the shore.  

Haven't had Scrapple in 6 months, Since we moved to Virginia haven't be able to find it!!  😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We made it to Ballon Quest for part 2 of our day.  The carnival that was going on at the site was packed. 

A3FACD04-9B6C-42F0-ADFB-101DDEACE836.thumb.jpeg.c04f7cfd8763ac5f868d86a3e39ea900.jpeg

56087565-350B-4B44-9596-70298CB01EC9.thumb.jpeg.9aed2d00765068828e259f9f0e66d20f.jpeg

Of course, we had to play some carnival games to win a few prizes. 

3FF6481C-F947-45CE-8532-03EF5711E760.thumb.jpeg.a7aeb1e74bf0fcccdc0cfb1f89804ac1.jpeg

The baskets were set out for the balloons, and they checked their burners. 

82CA3CEA-989C-4C68-8D24-0552213F686A.thumb.jpeg.43e0d4f6df188af577a18fe7372c4c7d.jpeg

They were all firing their burners to various songs, while watching the weather.  

IMG_0532.MOV 18.05 MB · 1 download

Not long after I took this, they announced the balloons would not be up, due to lightning in the area.  It started moving in about 3 hours ahead of the forecast, and the sky was really lighting up as we left. 

Such a fun experience!  I was fortunate enough to attend the 1999 Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  Even have a certificate for riding in the  "Final Mass Ascension of the Millennium" in New Mexico.  The entire event was a spectacular!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Don't know what you are missing scrapple with syrup.....Heaven !

You can't miss what you never had.  I'll stick with bagel, lox and cream cheese.  Or French toast.  Or smoked white fish salad.  

I remember Trainman, of blessed memory, mentioned eating scrapple on his thread. That was the first time I ever heard of it.  I googled and was far from impressed.

How wonderful that food is so subjective that we all can enjoy the foods others wouldn't look at.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maggieq said:

NJ is great for the following

great restaurants

pizza

bagels

prior to 2020 -  proximity to NYC 

and not having to pump gas 

YES on all accounts.

Sorry for multiple posts.  I need to remember to click multiple quotes and be done with it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was pretty sure that you were joking about that hair color, but I decided to search "summer slut blonde" to see for sure.  I wouldn't suggest that anyone else do this search.  😲

Of course when someone says that then I'll often Google it. I clicked on images thinking I was going to see some outrageous bleached hairdos. 😳 Trust Bob when he says don't Google it. I should have listened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yesterday morning we traveled to Jerusalem to visit the Israeli Museum. The traffic was horrendous, almost 2 hours instead of less than an hour pre-Covid. People are not traveling abroad as usual....

The new exhibitions were so-so, and DH was more impressed with a Russian monastery we glimpsed from the road...

_DSC4263.JPG

The entrance to the museum -- A lot of "wasted real estate" (DH mused....).

_DSC4233.JPG

Our BFFs riveted to an exhibit. I found it difficult to be with the mask, and waited for them outside on the terrace....

_DSC4239.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 12

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I found a little bit of local whiskey rivalry.  There's a restaurant on Amelia Island called The Sandbar that claims to have the largest whiskey selection in Northeast Florida.  When golfing in the Ponte Vedra Beach area a couple of days ago, we ate at a place called V Pizza.  They had a very impressive 2 story wall of whiskey (wish I had taken a picture).  When the waiter heard us talking about The Sandbar having the largest selection, he immediately called BS, saying that The Sandbar includes things like Fireball and Crown Apple that he said are definitely NOT whiskey.  For pure whiskey, THEY have the largest selection.  He was very adamant.  That shows you how popular whiskey has become.

We were in that area yesterday.😀

13 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Slept in today till 5:30 am. 

WOW, that's the understatement of the year 😉

So, tomorrow, the long awaited wedding day, you'll be up at your usual hour... 4am ??😁

Warmest wishes for tomorrow - may it be a most happiest and glorious day for all of you 💐

• Like 8

On 7/13/2021 at 8:26 PM, George C said:

Owners suite on rccl is really cool did it on Oasis,

George, Hoping you can remember some details or if you have any pictures.

Is there a step or a lip  to get into the bathroom.  I know for the shower there is a 4" lip or so that needs to be stepped over.

Also is there a big step/lip to go from the living room to the balcony.

I have a client looking to book an owners suite on Allure and she should be the same as Oasis.  He's in a power wheelchair and can manage the shower its just getting into the bath and onto the balcony that he's concerned about.

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And to finish part 1 off, there is a Primanti Brothers less than 2 miles from the park.  The first one of these I have had in over a year.

We've had the Primanti Brothers discussion before.  Thanks for the picture, it will be a while before I am back...next February

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Haven't had Scrapple in 6 months, Since we moved to Virginia haven't be able to find it!!  😞

Since your September europe cruise is switched to next year, maybe a long weekend at Lbi and visits at Mustache Bill's Diner is needed🤩

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jagsfan said:

How did you like V Pizza? It’s a small local chain and there’s one near me. 
I love their wood fired pizzas, and their flour, tomatoes, cheeses, etc come from Italy. 
They also make a pretty good Italian Roast Beef. Not quite as good as in Chicago, but good. 

V Pizza was great.  They had an impressive menu and I liked their authentic Neapolitan style.  I had their Pizza Paolo (San Marzano tomato sauce, bufala mozzarella, fresh mushroom, prosciutto di parma). I was happy to see that they've opened a restaurant near me in Fernandina Beach.  There are a couple of decent pizza places on Amelia Island but nothing that I would consider to be "gourmet pizza".  V Pizza certainly fits that bill and we will soon try it here.

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You can't miss what you never had.  I'll stick with bagel, lox and cream cheese.  Or French toast.  Or smoked white fish salad.  

I remember Trainman, of blessed memory, mentioned eating scrapple on his thread. That was the first time I ever heard of it.  I googled and was far from impressed.

How wonderful that food is so subjective that we all can enjoy the foods others wouldn't look at.

Your breakfast choice sound wonderful.  I loved a good bagel with lox, cream cheese and capers. 

Scrapple is one of those foods you dont want to read about, but tastes delicious when properly cooked.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Something tells me that Merlin would be quite at home on a balcony on a cruise ship.

Merlin deck.jpg

Something tells me that you've got a winner in Merlin.  Every picture that you post has me thinking that he's exactly the kind of dog that I'd want...although I'd wait until after the phase where he chews up everything in the house.

• Like 3

Good morning. What a beautiful rainy day here.   Packing suitcases and organizing our travel items. From formal wear to after wedding party. 

I am sure some are wondering how late I slept in. Well rested till 5 am. Then the cat wanted to play. The DH dodged the fur ball and slept till 7am. 

Someone googled my hair color. Guess it’s an Ohio thing. Land locked and all. 

So I’ll share a picture of the finished product. FCB22F40-23D2-4675-B0DD-DC6DDDFAA782.thumb.jpeg.104f8f5c599fa38c7c8c9a20b0ce6888.jpegBeen using this color off and on for years. The picture is from a few years back but shows the color.

Oh. That good looking man next to me. Well that is my patient tolerant husband. He earned his spot in heaven many years ago by putting up with me. 

Keep us and our children as well as all on CC who has followed the wedding journey in your prayers. 

Pictures will eventually follow. 

The lions family. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1