Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Mimi - 

Your post got me thinking about chewing gum. Like you, I haven’t chewed gum in years. I wonder if these flavors are still available- Juicy Fruit, Doublemint or the gum that tasted like licorice- I think it was called Black Jack?

Hoping all goes well with the surgery and recovery. Your positive outlook will certainly be a part of getting healthy again.

With good thoughts and a prayer- 

MJ 🙋🏻

Re chewing gum,when I was a kid dentists gave bubble gum to every kid who did not cry on his dental chair.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Remember, I said to those of us who don’t get snow, it is beautiful. 
I well remember stepping off the curb in Manhattan into three inches of slush. 
Farther back I remember frantically trying to undo buttons and zippers when I really had to go, with icy mittens on frozen hands. 
But the farther removed I am from those days,  the more I wish for another taste!

I never lived anywhere other than NY.I hate the snow and slush.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like an occasional Reuben sandwich with but otherwise no rye.  I like sauerkraut on brats with mustard and grilled onions.  I love a Swiss cheese burger with grilled onions and mushrooms.

Yes to all you have listed, John!  But I also love rye bread...especially rye toast.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Monday night change bed linens, lay out clean (as opposed to dirty?) nightwear, shampoo hair as normal, bathe body with antibacterial soap, then Hibiclens…one bottle. Then dry with a clean towel.  
Then repeat the evening shower with all steps. Dry with 2nd clean towel. 
Then put on clean clothing. 

I so appreciate the good thoughts and prayers…I need them!

Mimi

I forgot to add, post surgery I’m to chew gum several times a day till the follow up appointment with my surgeon! And I am not to swallow it. I haven’t chewed gum in many years, so I’ll have to check what flavors it comes in. 

Wow, Mimi!  Jim had to do some of your steps for his knee surgery, he had to use the Hibiclens, but only on certain parts of his body.   He also was told about the bed linens, nightwear, etc. clean towels..no kidding to all of the above.

I'm guessing the gum is to help with any gas issues post-op?

Please know that you are on my prayer list, Mimi!  We all are rooting for you!!!!!🙏🥰

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Next round in the sky. 

0E6DFD7B-EBA3-4AA2-8632-F70821FAE11A.thumb.jpeg.705ed22ea86367d0372947d78a408aa5.jpeg

Here it is. 

I can so do without snow....and, the cold weather, also,

• Like 2

While we're speaking of the weather ---

Took advantage of the extremely sunny weather, and invited my HS friends for a brunch.

DH was so happy to be given a "mission", he "produced" some 8 different dishes. I had a list of what goes in the oven to heat, what's in the fridge, pita bread in the toaster oven, so much so, that I took a picture of the table, but, then, when the "gurlz" "invaded", I was overwhelmed....

No food pictures....😢

At least DH got back in time to take a pic of us [he leaves when I'm "entertaining..."].

"Shy" is his 2nd name....☹️

HS friends1.jpg

HS friends.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Took advantage of the extremely sunny weather, and invited my HS friends for a brunch.

DH was so happy to be given a "mission", he "produced" some 8 different dishes. I had a list of what goes in the oven to heat, what's in the fridge, pita bread in the toaster oven, so much so, that I took a picture of the table, but, then, when the "gurlz" "invaded", I was overwhelmed....

No food pictures....😢

At least DH got back in time to take a pic of us [he leaves when I'm "entertaining..."].

HS friends.jpg

What a lovely picture of you and your friends, Dani!  How lucky to have your luncheon prepared by your very own chef!!!!!😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

How lucky to have your luncheon prepared by your very own chef!!!!!😉

Lucky indeed.

Though he's making a huge mess in the kitchen, and I'm constantly cleaning up after him.

No complaints....

The "gurlz" were in awe, and told him that this time he outdid himself.

I like it when everybody around the table is busy tasting and reaching over for this dish and that.

Funny thing, one of the dishes was eggplant salad with small chunks of marinated red peppers.

Some peppers leftovers remained in a small dish in the fridge. Didn't plan to serve them...

The "gurlz" helped me carrying the dishes to the balcony, and, one of them, who was "in charge" of the fridge, took out those peppers out too....

And .... they were all gone 😁

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

😁 Latin you said?  There is another lady, @Merion_Mom, who could also fill those in Latin....😁

Sometimes, it is genetic.... 😢

^ This.

When I was in high school my school offered Spanish,French and German.The latter because the Principal grew up in Germany.I went to summer school at a different HS to take advanced Spanish and that school offered Latin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I did my pre-op and COVID test today. The swab didn’t go all the way into my brain, so not bad. 
I’ve had quite a few surgeries in my last few years, but never such a long list of instructions. 
Tomorrow I’m supposed to start drinking protein shakes…lots of them. And eat plenty of meat. That part I like!
Monday night change bed linens, lay out clean (as opposed to dirty?) nightwear, shampoo hair as normal, bathe body with antibacterial soap, then Hibiclens…one bottle. Then use a special wipe for upper body. 2nd special wipe for arms, armpits!!! and hands, 3rd special wipe for midsection, 4th for legs and  feet. Then dry with a clean towel. 
At 6 am drink Ensure carbohydrate drink. 
Then repeat the evening shower with all steps. Dry with 2nd clean towel. 
Then put on clean clothing. 
Take all my normal meds except Xarelto, which I will stop after tonight. 
Be at the hospital at 8am. 
Expected 3 hour surgery at 10:10am. 

The Hibiclens part I’m used to. The wipes and changing bed linens is new to me. 
Anything that makes surgery safer is a good thing!

I so appreciate the good thoughts and prayers…I need them!

Mimi

I forgot to add, post surgery I’m to chew gum several times a day till the follow up appointment with my surgeon! And I am not to swallow it. I haven’t chewed gum in many years, so I’ll have to check what flavors it comes in. 

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes for tomorrow.

Graham

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Mac n Cheese (aka yellow death) (baked or stove top), hot dogs, bologna (fried or cold), swiss cheese, rye bread, sauerkraut, coleslaw, cabbage (cooked or raw), onions (raw or fried) mushrooms (sauteed or deep fried), pes (cooked, not cooked or frozen) yum to all of them.   

Ditto to all of the above, except delete the "mystery meat" bologna and add wine.  😉 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No food pictures....😢

HS friends1.jpg

HS friends.jpg

Very nice get together.The only time I have had a get together with school friends at reunions.Even though I went to schools in Brooklyn reunions have been in Manhattan,New Jersey ,Florida and Texas ,but never in Brooklyn.

I have,however,had frequent phone conversations with people all over the US.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No food pictures....😢

HS friends1.jpg

HS friends.jpg

Lovely setting for a fabulous photo of you Dani with your HS friends.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@dani negreanu  You are all very lovely ! Dani , did your husband engrave / paint / etch the mystery figure on the wall ?  Your patio turned out beautifully.

Judy, since you've asked so nicely 🥰,

I went outside and took some pics of the different "artworks" on the walls.

The "pi" was actually painted in gold, but, being outside, it faded during the years....

Pi.jpg

black tie.jpg

girl.jpg

no name.jpg

spoons.jpg

spoons1.jpg

work.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 16

So today. Picked up GTO to bring home and store for the winter. Already made her spring appointment for detailing and spa day. He books out quick.  
Took a picture of her eagerly waiting to come home. 
Did not realize when I took the picture there was something in the sky above.  Aliens????

457E59C6-2CAB-4BC4-B0AF-9915C92822DE.png

• Like 12

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Lucky indeed.

Though he's making a huge mess in the kitchen, and I'm constantly cleaning up after him.

No complaints....

The "gurlz" were in awe, and told him that this time he outdid himself.

I like it when everybody around the table is busy tasting and reaching over for this dish and that.

Funny thing, one of the dishes was eggplant salad with small chunks of marinated red peppers.

Some peppers leftovers remained in a small dish in the fridge. Didn't plan to serve them...

The "gurlz" helped me carrying the dishes to the balcony, and, one of them, who was "in charge" of the fridge, took out those peppers out too....

And .... they were all gone 😁

So lucky to have such good friends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Judy, since you've asked so nicely 🥰,

I went outside and took some pics of the different "artworks" on the walls.

The "pi" was actually painted in gold, but, being outside, it faded during the years....

Pi.jpg

black tie.jpg

girl.jpg

no name.jpg

spoons.jpg

spoons1.jpg

work.jpg

Wow.  I am impressed. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Looks like a fun bunch.  It’s special to be able to spend time with friends.  It will be cool if some day Sharon and I would be able to take a picture with you there.  Looks like a place we would enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2021 at 9:40 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!  Did you visit antigua or st kitts?  I'm wondering if we do a ship excursion will we be allowed to shop at port?  One of my favorite silver shops is in antigua.

Not on this trip. We visited Antigua in August on the Equinox. Only ship excursions were allowed out if the ship. So we stayed on board.

St. Kitts is doing some sort of “bubble” at the port so that passengers without ship excursions can get out and meander in the port area……last I heard. On that same cruise they cancelled St. Kitts and replaced with Aruba and Curacao……no complaints, we love A and C too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1